Jump to content
TUF

TUF's Euro Tour

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

and people wonder why the UK said F'YOU Brussles lol

thats insanity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fobar said:

and people wonder why the UK said F'YOU Brussles lol

thats insanity

We say FU Brussels too, but our government doesn't care about us.. only about their future jobs and the multinationals :(

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

We say FU Brussels too, but our government doesn't care about us.. only about their future jobs and the multinationals :(

I know mate, but at least you have the weeds

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really don't want to fly tbh. Trying to find some cheap rates on bullet trains. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bypass Paris, its ****ing ****e 

 

but, this is your wife and kids with yourself yes?  i'm checking sites here for ticket prices

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

for 200 euro i will bring you personally to your hotel in Paris :lol:

Will let you personally Eiffel Tower the Mrs if you save me this headache by driving

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fobar said:

bypass Paris, its ****ing ****e 

 

but, this is your wife and kids with yourself yes?  i'm checking sites here for ticket prices

You're the MVP mate. Just me and Mrs. TUF and Paris is sort of the centerpiece for her trip so that's a hard sell. I appreciate all the help though. I've been a bit too laxed on the planning. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

wow... i will pay you 200 for that and bring you for free :lol:

I appreciate your optimism when lady Rolenzcos are lurking out there 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

you need a tickets from paris to where again? Rome, Venice ? 

This is a pretty rough draft 

eHTmKpU.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outbound: Amsterdam  Brugge

 

Single journey from Amsterdam to Brugge
for 2 adults,
09:22 – 13:02 on Monday 22 October.
€60.00
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fobar said:

Outbound: Amsterdam  Brugge

 

Single journey from Amsterdam to Brugge
for 2 adults,
09:22 – 13:02 on Monday 22 October.
€60.00
Single journey from Brugge to London
for 2 adults,
18:58 – 07:00 on Monday 22 October.
€79.60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fobar said:

Outbound: Amsterdam  Brugge

 

Single journey from Amsterdam to Brugge
for 2 adults,
09:22 – 13:02 on Monday 22 October.
€60.00

60 euro for 2 tickets? What dark corner of the internets did you find this? Couldn't find anything for under 100 a ticket

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TUF said:

60 euro for 2 tickets? What dark corner of the internets did you find this? Couldn't find anything for under 100 a ticket

www.trainline.eu is your friend ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fobar said:
Single journey from Brugge to London
for 2 adults,
18:58 – 07:00 on Monday 22 October.
€79.60

That timeline confuses me. 6:58 PM to 7:00 AM the next morning? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TUF said:

That timeline confuses me. 6:58 PM to 7:00 AM the next morning? 

18:58Brugge (Bruges, Belgium)
19:53Bruxelles-Midi (Brussels)
 
IC 518
2nd
3h22 transfer time
Boarding 20 minutes prior to departure
23:15Bruxelles - Gare Du Midi
07:00London - Victoria Coach Station
 
 
late night has a 3hr 22minute transfer time.  so I guess its not a bullet train unless you go during the day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fobar said:

www.trainline.eu is your friend ;)

$291 for 2 tickets from Paris to Amsterdam. Dark times. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thats why that was SOOOOO cheap, you have a sleep over lol but arrive in the morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TUF said:

$291 for 2 tickets from Paris to Amsterdam. Dark times. 

 

seriously, FOOK PARIS hahaha

 

it will hape your wallet

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

trainline is my go to site, if anyone knows anywhere else better would really appreciate a heads up also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate all the pro tips. Lot to look at. I need a trip planner/adviser. The will is just not there lads. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fobar said:

trainline is my go to site, if anyone knows anywhere else better would really appreciate a heads up also

thing is... you can get really cheap offers here for the train but you have to collect chit from the supermarket in order to make use of it.. coupons an such

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

thing is... you can get really cheap offers here for the train but you have to collect chit from the supermarket in order to make use of it.. coupons an such

huh. i pay online and collect ticket at station here.  that sounds funky 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TUF said:

Appreciate all the pro tips. Lot to look at. I need a trip planner/adviser. The will is just not there lads. 

I'd be mighty tempted to hire a car mate. They all drive on the wrong side of the road in mainland Europe so you'd be right at home. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TUF said:

Appreciate all the pro tips. Lot to look at. I need a trip planner/adviser. The will is just not there lads. 

I'd be mighty tempted to hire a car mate. They all drive on the wrong side of the road in mainland Europe so you'd be right at home. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I'd be mighty tempted to hire a car mate. They all drive on the wrong side of the road in mainland Europe so you'd be right at home. 

lol I wish more people would post double posts for cross roads in my life where I don't know whether to "like" or "thanks" for a post. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TUF said:

lol I wish more people would post double posts for cross roads in my life where I don't know whether to "like" or "thanks" for a post. 

 I'll double up on all posts from now on

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TUF said:

lol I wish more people would post double posts for cross roads in my life where I don't know whether to "like" or "thanks" for a post. 

See above. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel like I'm only a few more chitty advices away from being a Hull fan

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

We say FU Brussels too, but our government doesn't care about us.. only about their future jobs and the multinationals :(

brussels is utter sh!t. i've tried the sprouts before in my childhood and it traumatized me. never again.

brussels and all things brussels related is the devil

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making hotel/restaurant reservations today if anybody has any pro tips. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TUF said:

Making hotel/restaurant reservations today if anybody has any pro tips. 

Main pro tip: book as far in advance as possible. 

Might be worth checking out air bnb for city bargains. Can also recommend the ivy and the Oxo tower in London if you want a nice/ swanky meal out. Oxo is quite near the London aye. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Main pro tip: book as far in advance as possible. 

Might be worth checking out air bnb for city bargains. Can also recommend the ivy and the Oxo tower in London if you want a nice/ swanky meal out. Oxo is quite near the London aye. 

Not going to put a price on sleep on the trip. Stayed at a bed and breakfast a couple years back and the couple that owned it overstayed their welcome a bit. Was the stuff of nightmares. Don't think I slept a wink and sort of swore off staying in strangers homes. Will give the Oxo Tower a look. Have Paris mostly sorted but have no plans for London. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TUF said:

Not going to put a price on sleep on the trip. Stayed at a bed and breakfast a couple years back and the couple that owned it overstayed their welcome a bit. Was the stuff of nightmares. Don't think I slept a wink and sort of swore off staying in strangers homes. Will give the Oxo Tower a look. Have Paris mostly sorted but have no plans for London. 

 Sounds like you booked in a swingers place before. 

With air bnb you don't meet the owner usually. But fair enough. Be prepared for those train prices to look cheap compared to London hotel prices!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TUF said:

Making hotel/restaurant reservations today if anybody has any pro tips. 

AirBNB. Do yourself a favor and at least explore it. VRBO is also good. (Not sure if they're overseas though.)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

AirBNB. Do yourself a favor and at least explore it. VRBO is also good. (Not sure if they're overseas though.)

So I can stay at the cashfl0w household if my layover gets delayed in Chicago? Have just always thought it seemed sketch. What's to stop somebody from planting a camera in their own house? If anybody is going to record me disappointing my wife in the bedroom, it's going to be me!

Edited by TUF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fobar said:

i've used Booking .com a lot, can get some bargains

 

3 hours ago, fobar said:

Arora Hotel Gatwick Crawley is legit

Looking at both now. tbh, will likely be my only trip to Europe so we're not looking to spare a lot of expenses. Although, nothing would make me happier than Mrs. TUF falling in love with England and moving there but there might be 1 too many Khabib fans there for my liking. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×