Weidman_The_God

Okay who won?

Romero vs Whittaker 2  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who won?

• Romero
    • Whittaker
    • Draw

Media writers have Romero by a good margin but I could see a draw as well.

Amazing fight but it seems only fitting this won't actually count as a title defense for Robert.

47431ea3aea44a5184e82bcdcc06dcd5.png

Edited by Weidman_The_God

Of course it was Romero. Ufc didn't want the controversy with a Romero win. Paid off the judges.

• Like 4

Of course it was Romero. Ufc didn't want the controversy with a Romero win. Paid off the judges.

Let's not enable Vert anymore

Edited by Undisputed16
  • Like 2

That's fine, 3, 5 10-8 Romero

Draw

get outstruck nearly 3-1 and win 10-8

seems legit

• Like 1

get outstruck nearly 3-1 and win 10-8

seems legit

Get rocked 3 times, hit the ground twice and win? Seems legit

• Like 3

UFC judging: Draw

Pride Judging: Yoel

Overall winner: Fans

A third fight has to happen. Yoel has to make weight though. 

• Like 2

UFC judging: Draw

Pride Judging: Yoel

Overall winner: Fans

A third fight has to happen. Yoel has to make weight though.

Rob won twice. you'd only demand the third if Yolo took the SD

• Like 2

Technically, this wasn't a title defense anyway. Anyway...

Romero did rock him, that's true. But what does that even mean, anyway? He ALMOST knocked him out? So what?

Whittaker wasn't saved by the bell in either case.

He wasn't saved by the referee, either.

It wasn't a case where at the end of the fight Romero was fresh and Whittaker wasn't.

It wasn't a case where at the end of the fight Whittaker was more beat up than the other guy.

You guys are saying this fight should've gone to the guy who didn't make weight because he ALMOST knocked him out. Hell, what does that even mean? Whittaker also has knockout power, and he hit him a heck of a lot more times then Romero hit him. And Romero was exhausted most of the fight. You could make just as strong a case that Whittaker almost knocked him out.

I mean, if we're playing stupid and all.

I've said it before, I think a lot of you guys don't understand what you're watching.

• Like 2

Baldie scored it this way too.

The main event of fake news had a fake scorecard?

Black dude looking so shocked.gif

Technically, this wasn't a title defense anyway. Anyway...

Romero did rock him, that's true. But what does that even mean, anyway? He ALMOST knocked him out? So what?

Whittaker wasn't saved by the bell in either case.

He wasn't saved by the referee, either.

It wasn't a case where at the end of the fight Romero was fresh and Whittaker wasn't.

It wasn't a case where at the end of the fight Whittaker was more beat up than the other guy.

You guys are saying this fight should've gone to the guy who didn't make weight because he ALMOST knocked him out. Hell, what does that even mean? Whittaker also has knockout power, and he hit him a heck of a lot more times then Romero hit him. And Romero was exhausted most of the fight. You could make just as strong a case that Whittaker almost knocked him out.

I mean, if we're playing stupid and all.

I've said it before, I think a lot of you guys don't understand what you're watching.

who broke the time continuum or opened a portal to let logical soup in this universe?

• Like 1

who broke the time continuum or opened a portal to let logical soup in this universe?

I'm right slightly more often than I'm wrong, except when it comes to predictions. But I am a phenomenal Monday morning quarterback. I tell you what, I certainly know what the hell I'm looking at when it's in front of me (usually, at least.)

That's fine, 3, 5 10-8 Romero

Draw

Robert was border line throat pied in rounds 3 and 5 but he only got dropped and Yolo was too tired.

If you score round 5 10-8 for Romero you probably need to score round 1 10-8 for Whittaker.  Round 1 was something ridiculous like 34 strikes to 7 in favor of #ANDSTILL.

Officially a Robert Whittaker fan.  He knocked out two solid guys I didn't give him a chance against and lost money on.

I can see where people would say draw though.  Rob got hurt badly but he made championship weight and he's the champ... so f*ck off the right man won.  Yoel is not legit... he doesn't pass the trap test.  Both of the guys on the undetectables scored an L.

• Like 2

Watching live half pished and half asleep i thought Romero took it in the last three rounds. I see a lot of people saying the 4th could of gone to Rob though but also no 10-8's. Was the new scoring system as well.. I will watch back later to see, it was a great fight though.

Either way Rob keeps the belt has Weidman and Gastelum below him and Yoel might go up to 205 now based on the weight issues which is what that divison needs, and could help with his conditioning. 

Rob vs Gastelum, Yoel vs Gus for interim but probably not at 227 now. Weidman im not sure how hes doing maybe give him a fight when hes back not a title shot. Always been game to see a Rockhold rematch and him fight Jacare. 

Gus would piece up Yolo like he did Glover

• Like 1

That's a **** clear cut draw. If that's not a 10-8 then why do they exist?

10 -8 rounds were always for when a fighter gets beaten post to post and offers no resistance, or for when they get beaten so bad they look like they could die. Rob was exchanging for the first two minutes before the knockdown, yolo hit him with some shots on the ground for a bit until rob countered the position and started working and forcing yolo to hug for a minute against the fence, then we are back to an exchange till the bell.

That is not a 10 - 8 round

• Like 2

it was too close so this rule applies.  To beat the champ, you have to win by a significant margin and IMO, Romero came short of that margin.  BTW, I thought Romero won though.

it was too close so this rule applies. To beat the champ, you have to win by a significant margin and IMO, Romero came short of that margin. BTW, I thought Romero won though.

Are you an idiot?
  • Like 2

Round 3 wasnt a 10-8 yes Whittaker got rocked but he landed several hard elbows and that headkick everyone was surprised didnt finish Roidmero.

It wasnt this huge blow out. Now the 5th i can see being a 10-8 he rocked him and Whittaker didnt really rrspond other then to survive

Edited by BigDaddyDelta

10 -8 rounds were always for when a fighter gets beaten post to post and offers no resistance, or for when they get beaten so bad they look like they could die. Rob was exchanging for the first two minutes before the knockdown, yolo hit him with some shots on the ground for a bit until rob countered the position and started working and forcing yolo to hug for a minute against the fence, then we are back to an exchange till the bell.

That is not a 10 - 8 round

They just changed the rules to make 10-8s more frequent. And Whittaker is your countryman so I don't expect you to be unbiased and don't fault you for it

• Like 1

They just changed the rules to make 10-8s more frequent. And Whittaker is your countryman so I don't expect you to be unbiased and don't fault you for it

But did Illinois adopt the rule yet??

Whittaker 1, 2, 4

This is how I scored it as well, though I would accept Romero winning four. That one was close.

I don’t think there were any 10-8s, although I could maybe accept that argument for round three. Not round five though.

It was a draw for me because the last round was a 10-8, but there is literally no way Yoel could have won it, thats the issue I have with people suggesting he did. He would have needed a 10-8 in round 3 as well which is impossible. If that round was a 10-8 then Robert's first was a 10-8, the rule is who ever dominates a round, and in round 1 Robert literally had all the action.

Edited by stehilton94
  • Like 2

But did Illinois adopt the rule yet??

Even under the old rules that's a 10-8

It was a draw for me because the last round was a 10-8, but there is literally no way Yoel could have won it, thats the issue I have with people suggesting he did. He would have needed a 10-8 in round 3 as well which is impossible. If that round was a 10-8 then Robert's first was a 10-8, the rule is who ever dominates a round, and in round 1 Robert literally had all the action.

I think the argument those people are making is Yoel winning 3, 4 and 5. 4 because he did the most damage despite being outstruck

I obviously disagree with it and had it 47-47

Rob won twice. you'd only demand the third if Yolo took the SD

I know but i still wanna see a third fight. They match up so well every fight is gonna be awesome. 

Maybe it is time to move on now but yeah i can't get as excited for any other fights @ MW. 

Both of their fights were amazing. Just a ridiculous display of skill, athleticism, heart and killer instinct. 

• Like 2

Clearly a draw, but whatever. It's over and Romero needs to move up to 205. Too bad they don't have a 195 division, as he'd be perfect for it.

• Like 1

Mauro plz smh

• Like 2

Ok, so where is Romero going from here ?

A rematch with Jacare maybe ?

David Branch has been saying he already signed a contract to fight Jacare.
  • Like 1