Photo

Okay who won?

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

Poll: Romero vs Whittaker 2 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Who won?

1. Romero (15 votes [28.30%])

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

2. Whittaker (23 votes [43.40%])

Percentage of vote: 43.40%

3. Draw (15 votes [28.30%])

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:36 PM

Ok, so where is Romero going from here ?

A rematch with Jacare maybe ? 

you'll see SOG in the cage way before you see Whit, so yeah ok ... that's a good rappe job

I'm ok w/ Branch/ Jac too

Edited by Bezerker101, 10 June 2018 - 03:39 PM.

#52 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,174 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:05 PM

This is how I scored it as well, though I would accept Romero winning four. That one was close.

I don’t think there were any 10-8s, although I could maybe accept that argument for round three. Not round five though.

Terrible take. Round three was closer than round five and Yoel clearly lost round four. 

post-406774-0-33798100-1483399020.jpg

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#53 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 29,460 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:27 PM

Terrible take. Round three was closer than round five and Yoel clearly lost round four.

Maybe I was misremembering round three vs five. I got up at 3am to watch Japanese wrestling yesterday, so by 1am last night, things were a bit of a blur.

#54 LayDownDead

LayDownDead

KEYS, WOMAN!

• Free
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:32 PM

If Romero deserved a 10-8 for 3 or 4, Robert deserved a 10-8 for 1 and 2. Romero literally didn't throw a strike!

• 12er™, cashfl0w, stehilton94 and 1 other like this

"Neil Magny's striking is literally perfect" - Dana White

"Neil Magny could out box Floyd Mayweather" - Edmond Tarverdyan

#55 RazorRam0n

RazorRam0n
  • Free
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:55 PM

if yoel deserves a 10-8, so does robbie for rounds 1 and 2 from yoel impersonating a punching bag

• LayDownDead and Bezerker101 like this

giphy.gif

#56 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

the only forum that matters has spoken  ....

• MauroPedrosa likes this

#57 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,018 posts
  • LocationIn your head m8. lol

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:20 PM

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Rocked three times and almost finished twice in the fight. What a performance for Whitaker but Yoel sucks right? ^^

giphy.gif

Never once got hurt and even exhausted ate Whitagoats flush head kick full blast then still kept coming like a tank.  

I give them both props but Yoel whipped that @ss this time. H8'ers can't even give Yoel any cred. He cleaned the whole division and gave the champ all he could handle. 

Edited by StompGrind, 10 June 2018 - 05:21 PM.

• GN_FDU, Bezerker101, skillandpower and 3 others like this
I'm leaving because of you lol

25d535b5cc51ec48161a57bdf6de2110678cdb17

Get your head out your @ss m8. You ain't that important. 

#58 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:31 PM

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Rocked three times and almost finished twice in the fight. What a performance for Whitaker but Yoel sucks right? ^^

giphy.gif

Never once got hurt and even exhausted ate Whitagoats flush head kick full blast then still kept coming like a tank.  

I give them both props but Yoel whipped that @ss this time. H8'ers can't even give Yoel any cred. He cleaned the whole division and gave the champ all he could handle. 

I watched the main in an Australian sports bar and they sweated the dec. bigtime but it is what it is, tickets on

Yoel don't cash, we all knew the line was off - next

#59 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 12,037 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

Stomp summarized my thoughts very well

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#60 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:04 PM

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Post of the year candidate

#61 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:12 PM

... it was only fun to watch bcoz whitt was close to losnig, he was far from dominating,

many people claimed whitt would finish 41yr old romero in the 1st, didn't come close,

.... but a w is a w in the big picture -

#62 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:48 PM

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

show the elbows that nearly killed him

but i agree, both these guys are absolute warriors
  • StompGrind likes this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#63 nkogneato

nkogneato
  • Free
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:00 PM

I guess the question for me is a clear description of what is a 10/8 round.  I am amazed RW made it out of two of those rounds.  If getting knocked down, almost losing the fight, and walking sideways to your corner isn't a 10/8, then what is?   So it's simple for me, if round 3 and 5 are not 10/8 Romero, then RW wins. 

• Bezerker101 and MauroPedrosa like this

#64 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:05 PM

I guess the question for me is a clear description of what is a 10/8 round.  I am amazed RW made it out of two of those rounds.  If getting knocked down, almost losing the fight, and walking sideways to your corner isn't a 10/8, then what is?   So it's simple for me, if round 3 and 5 are not 10/8 Romero, then RW wins. 

... or just score the overall fight

• T.B.E and CanPass like this

#65 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,643 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:05 PM

coner-mcgregor-who-the-****-is-that-guy.

• Eclipse76, Bezerker101 and MauroPedrosa like this

#66 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:08 PM

coner-mcgregor-who-the-****-is-that-guy.

.... he looks familiar

#67 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:32 PM

.... he looks familiar

Vertcognito
  • VertFTW likes this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#68 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

p4p best poster on the forum

• Free
  • 9,113 posts
  • Locationdon't worry about it

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:53 AM

Overwhelmingly in Romeros favor.
  • Bezerker101 and VertFTW like this

#69 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:07 AM

Babies cry when they don't get their way. When people don't get what they want, they tend to be more vocal.

Those who were rooting for Romero or who saw him winning the fight see this as an injustice, so they won't seem to shut up about it. For this reason, whatever poll you put together that seems to favor Romero is just not going to be accurate. The others, who saw what they believed to be a fair judgment, are satisfied. You won't hear much from them because as far as they are concerned, that fighter is in the record books.

It looked like a draw to me, but I can see where those who say Robert Whitaker won the fight have a case, as he controlled the action for the overwhelming majority of the fight. Romero got a couple really good shots that ALMOST knocked Whitaker out.

But what is "almost?" Should I go ahead and make a thread about all sorts of things that I "almost" did or nearly got around to doing? I mean, if "almost" counts for something, then I really am one hell of a **** and I should start seeing my entire life in a different light.

Romero "almost" knocked him out, but he didn't. I'm going to go ahead and give him some credit for "almost," because I feel that counts for a lot more than "not even close," but that's not enough to give him the fight. He got his **** whooped for 23 out of 25 minutes.

He sure looked great for about two minutes, though.

I'm definitely not upset that Whitaker won. Dude made weight and he's never been popped for steroids. We can't say that about Romero.

Edited by ReturnoftheSoup, 11 June 2018 - 01:10 AM.

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the People's Freedom Movement

#70 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:21 AM

Babies cry when they don't get their way. When people don't get what they want, they tend to be more vocal.

Those who were rooting for Romero or who saw him winning the fight see this as an injustice, so they won't seem to shut up about it. For this reason, whatever poll you put together that seems to favor Romero is just not going to be accurate. The others, who saw what they believed to be a fair judgment, are satisfied. You won't hear much from them because as far as they are concerned, that fighter is in the record books.

It looked like a draw to me, but I can see where those who say Robert Whitaker won the fight have a case, as he controlled the action for the overwhelming majority of the fight. Romero got a couple really good shots that ALMOST knocked Whitaker out.

But what is "almost?" Should I go ahead and make a thread about all sorts of things that I "almost" did or nearly got around to doing? I mean, if "almost" counts for something, then I really am one hell of a **** and I should start seeing my entire life in a different light.

Romero "almost" knocked him out, but he didn't. I'm going to go ahead and give him some credit for "almost," because I feel that counts for a lot more than "not even close," but that's not enough to give him the fight. He got his **** whooped for 23 out of 25 minutes.

He sure looked great for about two minutes, though.

I'm definitely not upset that Whitaker won. Dude made weight and he's never been popped for steroids. We can't say that about Romero.

"Almost" finished the fight is better than not close to finishing a fight, correct? Romero knocked him down in the 3rd, had him on skates end of 4th, knocked him down again in the 5th and controlled Whittaker the entire rd.

#71 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Ultimate
  • 55,923 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:04 AM

I'm pretty sure the definition of a 10-8 round has more to do with completely dominating the entire round, and less to do with landing one good punch.

Yoel had his moments, but he didn't once dominate an entire round. Whittaker got his shots in every single round.
  • Eclipse76 and TwennyFo like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#72 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:17 AM

I'm pretty sure the definition of a 10-8 round has more to do with completely dominating the entire round, and less to do with landing one good punch.

Yoel had his moments, but he didn't once dominate an entire round. Whittaker got his shots in every single round.

and for 4.5 of those rounds he couldn't throw with his right hand, yet Yolo STILL couldn't land a takedown and keep it. Nobody else mentions after the two elbows that rocked him he took a 4 minute break for a nut shot to the thigh
  • TwennyFo likes this

v4MjFdj.png

#73 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:35 AM

Pride rules starting 2019
  • Bezerker101 and T.B.E like this

#74 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:00 AM

So, that little kid clearly won this rd, because he landed more strikes.
  • StompGrind, Bezerker101, MauroPedrosa and 2 others like this

#75 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,643 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:19 AM

You trying to take Vert's Forum Dunce title cos you're gonna get it with dumb arguments like this. 

• RazorRam0n likes this

#76 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:21 AM

You trying to take Vert's Forum Dunce title cos you're gonna get it with dumb arguments like this.

How is it different? I keep hearing Whittaker outstriked Romero in the rounds Romero rocked or dropped Whittaker. I'd love to hear your argument against that video.
  • VertFTW likes this

#77 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,416 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:36 AM

it was a clear draw ala frankie gray 2

but w/e yoel didn't even make weight anyways he can suck it

• MauroPedrosa likes this

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#78 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:38 AM

How is it different? I keep hearing Whittaker outstriked Romero in the rounds Romero rocked or dropped Whittaker. I'd love to hear your argument against that video.

lololol

v4MjFdj.png

#79 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:51 AM

lololol

It's a word, and I used it correctly you koala bear humper
  • Weidman_The_God likes this

#80 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:55 AM

Outstruck is the word, Vertileno.

Edited by Ozpride, 11 June 2018 - 05:55 AM.

• VertFTW likes this

v4MjFdj.png

#81 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:56 AM

Outstruck is the word. Vertalino.

You could use either.

#82 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:56 AM

You could use either.

An idiot could, yes.

v4MjFdj.png

#83 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:58 AM

An idiot could, yes.

Now I see why Australia is considered one of the least educated countries in the world.
  • Weidman_The_God and VertFTW like this

#84 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:59 AM

Now I see why Australia is considered one of the least educated countries in the world.

you don't say "outstriked" spaghetti brain.
  • StompGrind likes this

v4MjFdj.png

#85 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:00 AM

you don't say "outstriked" spaghetti brain.

Look it up, educate yourself.

#86 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 8,113 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:32 AM

Anytime that you spend over half of a round desperately trying to just survive the round then yes that warrants a 10-8;as we all saw in the 5th round. If that doesn't then I don't know what does.

Should have been a draw with ufc rules and a Yoel win with pride rules. Not that matters though. I was glad to see Rob get the W though so we don't have to sit around for a 3rd fight after Yoel missed weight 2 fights in a row
  • VertFTW likes this

#87 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 8,113 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:37 AM

Lmao that's a good one

#88 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:07 AM

lol I wonder who won that fight

hmmmm

• StompGrind likes this

#89 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:20 AM

who do you think won that fight bro?

#90 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,896 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:33 AM

... it was only fun to watch bcoz whitt was close to losnig, he was far from dominating,

many people claimed whitt would finish 41yr old romero in the 1st, didn't come close,

.... but a w is a w in the big picture -

just like tills win agaisnt thompson

brZ51I9.jpg

#91 T.B.E

T.B.E
  • Free
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:12 AM

if yoel deserves a 10-8, so does robbie for rounds 1 and 2 from yoel impersonating a punching bag

You don't get 10-8 rounds for playing touch gloves. Hardly anything of substance was landing. Rob gets 10-9 for being more active

You seriously can't see a difference between R1 and R5

• TwennyFo likes this

#92 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:15 AM

I'm watching mma hour and Whittaker is on. He's mumbling, stuttering, it's hard to watch. He can't remember the fight. He gets concussed all over again just from rewatching the fight. His brain is mashed potatoes.

#93 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:23 AM

I'm watching mma hour and Whittaker is on. He's mumbling, stuttering, it's hard to watch. He can't remember the fight. He gets concussed all over again just from rewatching the fight. His brain is mashed potatoes.

He says round 1,2 were his best rounds lol....basically nothing was done in those rounds and he took a beat down in the rest.

• CanPass likes this

#94 RazorRam0n

RazorRam0n
  • Free
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:01 PM

You don't get 10-8 rounds for playing touch gloves. Hardly anything of substance was landing. Rob gets 10-9 for being more active

You seriously can't see a difference between R1 and R5

Right eye shut tight is touch gloves lol yeah righty o

giphy.gif

#95 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:57 PM

https://youtu.be/qjhXzAfBzJs?t=3m

3vzbFMh.jpg

#96 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Ultimate
  • 55,923 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:22 PM

Anytime that you spend over half of a round desperately trying to just survive the round then yes that warrants a 10-8;as we all saw in the 5th round. If that doesn't then I don't know what does.

Easy answer. When someone has to survive the entire round, and mounts zero offense for the entire round, THAT is a 10-8.

When Romero spends the other half of that round standing still or eating jabs, that's not a 10-8.
  • BarbaricBob, TwennyFo and RazorRam0n like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#97 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

Easy answer. When someone has to survive the entire round, and mounts zero offense for the entire round, THAT is a 10-8.

When Romero spends the other half of that round standing still or eating jabs, that's not a 10-8.

Your first example is a 10-7, your second is a 10-8. How can rd 1 and rd 5 be scored the same?
  • VertFTW likes this

#98 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:29 PM

Your first example is a 10-7, your second is a 10-8. How can rd 1 and rd 5 be scored the same?

show me the last 10-7 awarded in the UFC without a point deduction. I'll wait.

lE88USb.gif

Edited by Ozpride, 11 June 2018 - 03:34 PM.

v4MjFdj.png

#99 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

• Free
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

show me the last 10-7 awarded in the UFC

That's the problem with scoring

#100 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI