Photo

Okay who won?

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

Poll: Romero vs Whittaker 2 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Who won?

1. Romero (15 votes [28.30%])

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

2. Whittaker (23 votes [43.40%])

Percentage of vote: 43.40%

3. Draw (15 votes [28.30%])

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

That's the problem with scoring

ohhhhh so it's a problem with scoring, not that you're wrong. got it

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#102 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

p4p best poster on the forum

• Free
  • 9,113 posts
  • Locationdon't worry about it

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:38 PM

This isn't boxing, therefore shouldn't be scored the same. The only reason ufc took those scoring rules was to make the ufc more legitimate in the early years.

#103 BART-O-LINI

BART-O-LINI

p4p best poster on the forum

• Free
  • 9,113 posts
  • Locationdon't worry about it

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:41 PM

I guess you're in the minority, because 25 others believe Romero won or should have been ruled a draw, and only 19 have Whittaker winning.

#104 TwennyFo

TwennyFo
  • Free
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:47 PM

I had it 3 rounds to one whittaker heading into the 5th.

Romero had his moments but air shots don't score points, shots landed do, and most of Romero's shots were woefully innacurate.

Whittaker was stunned on a few occasions but never, by any measure, was he ever out of the fight. He was looking to intelligently defend himself whenever he got caught.

Don't get me wrong, Romero fought like a warrior, but he didn't do enough. For my money he spent too much of the time in each round stalking whittaker and throwing yolo shots that missed by a country mile.

• crangs, MoZZez, Bezerker101 and 1 other like this

#105 BarbaricBob

BarbaricBob
  • Free
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:49 PM

Whittaker needed to win that fight. The last thing 185 needs is another immediate rematch when one guy can't even make the weight. The division has been a mess since Bisping got the title. Now we finally have a legitimate champion fighting legitimate contenders. Let's not slow the division down with another rematch. Get Weidman or Gastelum in there. Let Romero move up to 205.

#106 nkogneato

nkogneato
  • Free
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:11 PM

Sooooo   RW lost total strikes, significant strikes, and takedowns.  Twice got KTFO, and is probably still feeling the effects of scrambled brain syndrome, but he wins on two of the judges score cards 47/48 winning rounds 1,2, and 4, with no 10/8 for Romero.  So I can't change that fact, I cant make it right, but I know he lost.  Say what you will, to me there is nothing anyone can say on a forum to change my mind.  It's funny how butt hurt people get when you disagree on a forum.  I don't even like YR, I think he has been bending the rules ever since he joined UFC, but in my opinion, he got robbed on scoring that fight.  If 3 or 5 was not a 10/8 round, then I don't know what is. 

• Weidman_The_God and VertFTW like this

#107 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 26,926 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:14 PM

Goes on a long rant about how he doesn't care about other opinions, says he doesn't know how people get butt hurt on forums.
  • StompGrind, BarbaricBob, TigerChamp and 1 other like this
MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 ChampionOfficial JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 23 Champion

#108 RazorRam0n

RazorRam0n
  • Free
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:05 PM

who's the minority?

https://twitter.com/...682000819130368

UFC
‏Verified account @ufc

WHO WON THIS BOUT?! #UFC225

58%Robert Whittaker
42%Yoel Romero

8,353 votes•Final results

oops there goes that arguement as well

• MoZZez, cashfl0w and smwwrest like this

giphy.gif

#109 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

I guess you're in the minority, because 25 others believe Romero won or should have been ruled a draw, and only 19 have Whittaker winning.

You mean 31 people have Whittaker winning or drawing, only 13 people have Yolo winning.
Btw name a fighter that has missed weight in two title fights, shouldnt be tew hard, its a short list
  • Ozpride, MoZZez and TwennyFo like this
nicolas_cage_breeze.0.gif

#110 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:15 PM

If 3 or 5 was not a 10/8 round, then I don't know what is.

well you got there eventually
  • MoZZez and RadLad like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#111 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:56 PM

You mean 31 people have Whittaker winning or drawing, only 13 people have Yolo winning.
Btw name a fighter that has missed weight in two title fights, shouldnt be tew hard, its a short list

Why not say 26 people have Yoel winning or drawing, only 19 have RW winning?

hmmm....

• MauroPedrosa and Weidman_The_God like this

#112 GN_FDU

GN_FDU
  • Free
  • 5,607 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:06 PM

The fight should have been a draw.

Round 1: Whittaker 10-9

Round 2: Whittaker 10-9

Round 3: Romero 10-9

Round 4: Whittaker 10-9

Round 5: Romero 10-8

• NikkiNeversleep, MauroPedrosa and Weidman_The_God like this

#113 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:08 PM

Why not say 26 people have Yoel winning or drawing, only 19 have RW winning?

hmmm....

Your inability to grasp even simple concepts knows no bounds does it Vert. Because Bart already said that and i was pointing out that using his logic considerably more people think Whittaker won. Spin it any way you want, Yolo lost and the fans agree
  • juice64011 likes this

#114 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:53 PM

Your inability to grasp even simple concepts knows no bounds does it Vert. Because Bart already said that and i was pointing out that using his logic considerably more people think Whittaker won. Spin it any way you want, Yolo lost and the fans agree

The knowlegable mma fans and experts don't agree with you.

• Weidman_The_God likes this

#115 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Ultimate
  • 55,923 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:21 PM

I'm both, and I do.
  • MoZZez and TigerChamp like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#116 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

The knowlegable mma fans and experts don't agree with you.

Wow how could i ever possibly debate that well thought out and clearly well researched argument with a forum luminary like yourself.....

• VertFTW likes this

#117 nkogneato

nkogneato
  • Free
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:08 PM

The loss is bad enough, but then listening to Dan Lambert telling the story about the weigh in fiasco, I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy.  Looks like he got screwed twice in one day.  Again, YR should have been on weight the first time, but they gave him, by the commission rules, 2 hours.  Then after he gets cleared by medical to cut additional weight,  some lady from the commission decides he has to weigh in right then, and of course he is counting on another hour or more, but she tells him right now, or the fight is off.  He did not get the 2 hours per the Illinois athletic commission. 

#118 NikkiNeversleep

NikkiNeversleep

OG Werdum Fan - What's my name? EBAH!

• Free
  • 9,088 posts
  • LocationZion

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:23 PM

I thought it was pretty close to being in Yoel's favor but the volume of Whitaker should probably have made it a draw tbh.

• Ozpride likes this

14bc338cb6ce0e92287617616411.gif

#119 NikkiNeversleep

NikkiNeversleep

• Free
  • 9,088 posts
  • LocationZion

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:23 PM

I was just happy to watch lol

Edited by NikkiNeversleep, 11 June 2018 - 09:23 PM.

• StompGrind likes this

#120 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

I thought it was pretty close to being in Yoel's favor but the volume of Whitaker should probably have made it a draw tbh.

happy birthday for the other day Nikki :D
  • NikkiNeversleep likes this

v4MjFdj.png

#121 NikkiNeversleep

NikkiNeversleep

• Free
  • 9,088 posts
  • LocationZion

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:26 PM

happy birthday for the other day Nikki :D

Thanks lol

#122 NikkiNeversleep

NikkiNeversleep

• Free
  • 9,088 posts
  • LocationZion

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:34 PM

My favorite part of this was Yoel's post fight speech being in spanish and having people I was with lean over and be like "what did he say?"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#123 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:21 PM

My favorite part of this was Yoel's post fight speech being in spanish and having people I was with lean over and be like "what did he say?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

what DID he say? if it wasn't I love you Robert imma be mad as hell
  • NikkiNeversleep likes this

v4MjFdj.png

#124 NikkiNeversleep

NikkiNeversleep

• Free
  • 9,088 posts
  • LocationZion

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:07 PM

what DID he say? if it wasn't I love you Robert imma be mad as hell

It was a lot of God be with you and I love you all. As per usual. And that he would be back and be champion.

#125 RadLad

RadLad
  • Free
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:44 PM

Reminded me a bit of Bisping vs Hendo 2. Despite Bisping and Whittaker being knocked down twice they both outpointed and won 3 rounds. Although, Bisping's win was more clear cut IMO. 

What annoys me is that there are some idiots here who say Whittaker clearly beat Romero and Hendo clearly beat Bisping, smgdh head.

• Bezerker101 likes this

F**k you, GSP.

#126 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:54 PM

... when it goes to the judges .......... twice, the fans lose, the ufc wins -

#127 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:54 PM

Reminded me a bit of Bisping vs Hendo 2. Despite Bisping and Whittaker being knocked down twice they both outpointed and won 3 rounds. Although, Bisping's win was more clear cut IMO.

What annoys me is that there are some idiots here who say Whittaker clearly beat Romero and Hendo clearly beat Bisping, smgdh head.

lolol

Bisping just about died when he got h-bombed and was saved by the bell in the first in a 10-8 round, then ran away and jabbed the rest of the fight, got dropped and imo lost the 3rd, to a draw. Rob defended well then got some of his own good shots in in the 3rd and survived enough to stand at the end of the 5th. Clearly won 1,2 & 4

Edited by Ozpride, 11 June 2018 - 11:58 PM.

• juice64011 likes this

v4MjFdj.png

#128 RadLad

RadLad
  • Free
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:01 AM

lolol

Bisping just about died when he got h-bombed and was saved by the bell in the first in a 10-8 round, then ran away and jabbed the rest of the fight, got dropped and imo lost the 3rd, to a draw. Rob defended well then got some of his own good shots in in the 3rd and survived enough to stand at the end of the 5th. Clearly won 1,2 & 4

Thank you for identifying yourself as one of the idiots, m8.

• VertFTW likes this

F**k you, GSP.

#129 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:18 AM

Thank you for identifying yourself as one of the idiots, m8.

im not saying the 4th was dominant, but you can see who won it, clearly. nobody is debating that from what I understand. The arguement is wether or not rounds 3 or 5 warranted a 10-8

v4MjFdj.png

#130 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,174 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:15 PM

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Rocked three times and almost finished twice in the fight. What a performance for Whitaker but Yoel sucks right? ^^

giphy.gif

Never once got hurt and even exhausted ate Whitagoats flush head kick full blast then still kept coming like a tank.  

I give them both props but Yoel whipped that @ss this time. H8'ers can't even give Yoel any cred. He cleaned the whole division and gave the champ all he could handle. 

That strike in the fourth is the one good strike he landed. That doesn't win him the fight.

If you're going to be a low volume striker who relies on a few short bursts of explosiveness throughout the fight then you can't expect to win decisions.

post-406774-0-33798100-1483399020.jpg

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#131 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:27 PM

That strike in the fourth is the one good strike he landed. That doesn't win him the fight.

If you're going to be a low volume striker who relies on a few short bursts of explosiveness throughout the fight then you can't expect to win decisions.

He pretty much cleaned out the division doing that...lol

• StompGrind likes this

#132 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,174 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:33 PM

He pretty much cleaned out the division doing that...lol

You don't need to tell me, I'm the one who aptly nicknamed him YOLO Romero. That style is great for finishing fights, but he drops rounds just standing around conserving energy and waiting to pounce. 

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#133 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:43 PM

You don't need to tell me, I'm the one who aptly nicknamed him YOLO Romero. That style is great for finishing fights, but he drops rounds just standing around conserving energy and waiting to pounce. 

No argument there, his style doesnt work great for 5 round fights.

#134 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,018 posts
  • LocationIn your head m8. lol

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

Floyd kinda does the same possum strategy but he doesn't have that build or explosiveness so he relies on bicycle, defense and counters till his opponents fade then he picks up the volume. 

IDK for me was a really close fight but i think Yoel's haters exaggerate tew much. I do think a draw was closer to accurate than either one getting the win. 

More than anything i was just happy to see an amazing fight. They both left it all in there and the heart involved from both was just bananas. 

• Ozpride likes this
I'm leaving because of you lol

25d535b5cc51ec48161a57bdf6de2110678cdb17

Get your head out your @ss m8. You ain't that important. 

#135 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,174 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

Floyd kinda does the same possum strategy but he doesn't have that build or explosiveness so he relies on bicycle, defense and counters till his opponents fade then he picks up the volume. 

IDK for me was a really close fight but i think Yoel's haters exaggerate tew much. I do think a draw was closer to accurate than either one getting the win. 

More than anything i was just happy to see an amazing fight. They both left it all in there and the heart involved from both was just bananas. 

A draw would have been fine, but I just don't see how you give it to Yoel in any way.

It's actually better that it wasn't a draw because the dude lost the first fight decisively and then missed weight for two title fights in a row. He doesn't deserve the rubber match, especially not any time soon IMO.

Bring on Gastellum or Weidman. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#136 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,018 posts
  • LocationIn your head m8. lol

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:54 PM

A draw would have been fine, but I just don't see how you give it to Yoel in any way.

It's actually better that it wasn't a draw because the dude lost the first fight decisively and then missed weight for two title fights in a row. He doesn't deserve the rubber match, especially not any time soon IMO.

Bring on Gastellum or Weidman. 

I guess where i differ from others opinion is while i can agree WhittaGOAT did a little more to get the win on a rd by round basis if i look at the fight overall i felt Yoel was very close rd for rd but also put the hurt on Rob more and also had srs balls to go for it more. 

He had moments he took off or paced but so did Rob. It was a grueling fight with two opposing strategies.  

Not that Rob wasn't going for the kill too but when i like at a fight as whole i rank actually hurting people a little higher because this is the hurt business. I'm not so much looking at it in a pure sport kinda way but a fight. 

No matter how i look at this was a close one but i just felt Yoel brought more hurt and that counts a lot to me. 

On the weight cutting thing. I really h8 that stuff i srsly do but he was only 0.2 over and evidently the commission actually did make him come back to weigh in early before it was time. That 0.2 over had not real effect on the fight but yeah Yoel needs to get his ish together on that. Should have never been the slight issue it was in the first place. 

This isn't as bad as Dern coming in 7 lbs over, not giving AF and being a in a lighter class where it makes a bigger difference. 

I'd say Gastulem is up next. Weidman's been on the inactive can shelf to long and needs to earn that spot again. 

• GN_FDU likes this
I'm leaving because of you lol

25d535b5cc51ec48161a57bdf6de2110678cdb17

Get your head out your @ss m8. You ain't that important. 

#137 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:19 PM

have Weidman fight RW next and have that ducking cheating fat slob Fatseulm fight Yoel.

#138 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 26,926 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:24 PM

have Weidman fight RW next and have that ducking cheating fat slob Fatseulm fight Yoel.

At Rumble weight?
MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 ChampionOfficial JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 23 Champion

#139 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:35 PM

At Rumble weight?

Sure, if you want Yoel to murder Fatselum lol

#140 Taylor_Schonerstedt

Taylor_Schonerstedt
  • Free
  • 922 posts
  • LocationThe Mud, Texas

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:26 PM

I just watched the fight and I have to say Yoel beat the **** out of Robert!

Edited by Taylor_Schonerstedt, 13 June 2018 - 08:37 PM.

• CanPass and VertFTW like this

#141 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:27 PM

I just watched the fight, Yoel beat the **** out of Robert

Good post bro lol

#142 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,659 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:00 PM

who did Kelvin duck or cheat? Fairly sure Bromero cheated more than he did

v4MjFdj.png

#143 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:16 PM

who did Kelvin duck or cheat? Fairly sure Bromero cheated more than he did

https://www.bloodyel...lum-yoel-romero

fyi

• CanPass likes this

#144 Yerbo

Yerbo
  • Free
  • 4,926 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:33 AM

Whittaker 1, 2, 4

But was there a 10-8 round for Romero...or 2 even? Those are the questions really....

• MauroPedrosa likes this

#145 T.B.E

T.B.E
  • Free
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

who's the minority?

https://twitter.com/...682000819130368

oops there goes that arguement as well

Where's the option for a draw?

Also, lel at using the UFC as a barometer for an outcome they wanted

• VertFTW likes this

#146 MauroPedrosa

MauroPedrosa
  • Free
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

• *Haze*, NikkiNeversleep, skillandpower and 2 others like this

3vzbFMh.jpg

#147 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:02 PM

I just watched the fight and Yoel beat the **** out of Robert!

optics do count

Edited by Bezerker101, 18 June 2018 - 12:18 AM.

#148 NikkiNeversleep

NikkiNeversleep

• Free
  • 9,088 posts
  • LocationZion

Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:14 PM

Every time Yoel touched Whittaker at a certain point he was wobbling him.

• VertFTW and Taylor_Schonerstedt like this

#149 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:43 PM

Every time Yoel touched Whittaker at a certain point he was wobbling him.

Good post broett