Sign in to follow this  
BART-O-LINI

Early reports say ufc 225 bombed ppv buys

They basically did a little better than Amanda Nuñez #'s lol......................................

Maybe its time for the UFC to move to subscription service in the US (except when McGregor fights).

CM Punk is NOT a draw. I'm pretty sure the reported gate was horse**** too.

The gates generally have to be reported to the commission, so they’re usually accurate.

If Punk was going to be any kind of a draw in this fight, it was likely going to be in terms of ticket sales since it was in his home town.

• Like 1

NewFC are killing themselves. They don't have any faces you want to get behind nor any heels you care enough to watch lose. And yet they continue to dilute their product with weekly events. They really need to worry more about quality over quantity at this point, not once have they put on an event to rival the pageantry that was Pride FC. People might be getting tired of their trailer park roster too.

Cyborg, > total scam along w/ all wimz mma, jon jones, demetrious, whittaker, miocic, holloway, khabib, cucuy, ortiz

edgar, aldo .... not happening > face it guyz, we're cultists

Conor was in the right place at the right time and smarter than we thought he was -

he parlayed the ufc to a big money fight with mayweather

colby is trying the same basic strategy, but he's a day late

• Like 1

The UFC has no original fighters with a bit about them, we went from the likes of Jon Jones, Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey (**** but a draw) to ****ing Daniel Cormier, Colby ****ing Covington and Amanda Nunes, none of which are selling fights. There is talent but absolutely no standout fighters who can sell themselves, ffs the P4P number 1 is more focused on gaming that fighting. And then we have the likes of CM Punk being allowed fight in the UFC. UFC 225 was by far the best overall card this year.... and it was ****.

• Like 1

The UFC has no original fighters with a bit about them, we went from the likes of Jon Jones, Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey (**** but a draw) to **** Daniel Cormier, Colby **** Covington and Amanda Nunes, none of which are selling fights. There is talent but absolutely no standout fighters who can sell themselves, ffs the P4P number 1 is more focused on gaming that fighting. And then we have the likes of CM Punk being allowed fight in the UFC. UFC 225 was by far the best overall card this year.... and it was ****.

It's because the casual fan is more interested in entertainment than actual skill.

• Like 4

UFC 226 should be good, I'm definitely buying it.  

And by buying it I mean using one of my free PPV codes the mods get every year.  

• Like 7

Cyborg, > total scam along w/ all wimz mma, jon jones, demetrious, whittaker, miocic, holloway, khabib, cucuy, ortiz

edgar, aldo .... not happening > face it guyz, we're cultists

Conor was in the right place at the right time and smarter than we thought he was -

he parlayed the ufc to a big money fight with mayweather

colby is trying the same basic strategy, but he's a day late

Colby has no charisma and his fights are boring as ****.

He could have have come along before the ginger and it still wouldn't have made a difference.

• Like 4

The gates generally have to be reported to the commission, so they’re usually accurate.

If Punk was going to be any kind of a draw in this fight, it was likely going to be in terms of ticket sales since it was in his home town.

I refuse to believe all those tickets sold without giving some away. They were so overpriced, and there's been better cards in Chicago that people passed on.

UFC 226 should be good, I'm definitely buying it.

And by buying it I mean using one of my free PPV codes the mods get every year.

lol, same
  • Like 3

it wouldve gotten more buys if Romero could be understood by someone besides vert and if Whittaker had more personality than a loaf of bread

• Like 5

it wouldve gotten more buys if Romero could be understood by someone besides vert and if Whittaker had more personality than a loaf of bread

Sad but true and funny

buahahaha

• Like 1

Said it once and I will say it again:

New FC should price cards at different rates! Some cards at 60 bucks, some at 40, some at 30 and so on

• Like 3

be specific ! .... what kind of bread ?

• Like 1

New FC should price cards at different rates! Some cards at 60 bucks, some at 40, some at 30 and so on

as good as that would be, it would be tough for them to negotiate ppv contracts

• Like 1

ive had cab drivers who I understood more than Romero, how the hell do you let that guy sell a ppv????

Name a UFC fighter that consistently produces entertaining/interesting fights other than Conor McGregor.

• Like 1

great timing on the sale, the new owners must be thinking

Chris-Pratt-Oh-Snap-giphy.gif

• Like 1

Name a UFC fighter that consistently produces entertaining/interesting fights other than Conor McGregor.

Mike Perry, Israel Adesanya, Justin Gaethje, Rumble Johnson, Cody Garbrandt, John Lineker, Max Holloway....
  • Like 5

Mike Perry, Israel Adesanya, Justin Gaethje, Rumble Johnson, Cody Garbrandt, John Lineker, Max Holloway....

LMFAO

Tank Abbott

• Like 1

Vert, I want to be clear as much as I think Romero is an idiot, I do admit he’s entertaining and the blame should really be on Whittaker who has no personality

• Like 1

You mean to tell me Mike Perry has boring fights, you idiot?

When he fights complete cans they are ok fights...when he fights decent guys its beyond cringe.

Speaking of Nate....I dont get why Dana is hell bent on begging McGregor to fight when he could figure something out with Nate for possibly cheaper without all the begging.

I thought it was a pretty good card so i don't believe the numbers and what is the penalty for not reporting accurate numbers anyhow.

The prelims had 667k viewers so yeah i don't believe there was 1/4 the interest for the main card.I would never discount something fishy or illegal from the UFC.

As to a lot of talk about CMPunk,.he was ALWAYS a joke and never deserved a single fight in the UFC, a total circus act from day 1.His signing proved at the time and still proves the UFC is not after the best talent,the best MMA fighters but instead ONLY interested in the UFC itself and not the sport.

Oh but wait we built these large facilities costing multiple millions,yeah more leverage to still try and get into the Olympics.We have seen a steady move every year of not signing the best talent,example Rory leaving is a huge one considering he defeated Woodley.

I also heard some nonsense about the Middleweight and Welterweight divisions not being a good draw...lmao,so if Darren Till was on the card a lousy draw?It simply depends on the fighters,there is interest in pretty much every division if the fighters are interesting.

I still feel the card was good although some of the fights ended up being clutch n grab borefests.

• Like 1

When he fights complete cans they are ok fights...when he fights decent guys its beyond cringe.

Watching Romero stand still and get his ears boxed off for an entire round is cringe.

Pretty sure I was the one that raged the hardest when they swapped Overeem for CM Punk on the maincard for "ppv buys" 

The ufc owes UBEREEM an apology, hes a bigger draw than Punk, IDC what evidence any of you morons bring to back it up

additionally I'd like to point out ufc 225 wasn't stacked as people made it out to be aside from the main event

Watching Romero stand still and get his ears boxed off for an entire round is cringe.

lol there was litterally zero damage done to yoel during the whole fight....he was never in any danger.

Pretty sure I was the one that raged the hardest when they swapped Overeem for CM Punk on the maincard for "ppv buys" 

The ufc owes UBEREEM an apology, hes a bigger draw than Punk, IDC what evidence any of you morons bring to back it up

additionally I'd like to point out ufc 225 wasn't stacked as people made it out to be aside from the main event

Overeem already said he could care less where his fight was placed on the card....he made 800k+ for showing up lol

Edited by VertFTW
  • Like 1

Reem doesn’t get ppv points, so of course he won’t care where he is placed. 95 percent of the roster rather fight earlier because they don’t get ppv

The only ones getting ppv on the roster probably would be Brock, Punk, Conor, Ronda, GSP, Jones, Cormier, Stipe, Mouse, Cyborg, Nunes, Woodley, Dillashaw, Holloway and Khabib

I doubt they even gave Rose, Montano and Whittaker ppv yet

Edited by AndyWang
  • Like 1

Overeem already said he could care less where his fight was placed on the card....he made 800k+ for showing up lo

bastard

lol there was litterally zero damage done to yoel during the whole fight....he was never in any danger.

VDI5ZJHQEQ5YLMQ5TTJSDCANNU.jpg

You know... except for the part where his eye was swollen shut...

• Like 3

Overeem already said he could care less where his fight was placed on the card....he made 800k+ for showing up lol

its not regarding if overeem cared or not, it was the principle 

VDI5ZJHQEQ5YLMQ5TTJSDCANNU.jpg

You know... except for the part where his eye was swollen shut...

Lol

A well placed jab but he didnt do much at all to Yoel

Lol

A well placed jab but he didnt do much at all to Yoel

Yoels career is over, little man

Edited by King_Can!
  • Like 2