TUF

Salt Wars: The Last Jedi (Fora Viewing Party-Sobercuban Celebrating His 60,000th Post by Admitting He's a Prequel Fanboy)

If only George hadn't been in charge of writing dialogue, and editing, and casting, and the majority of creative control, and so forth :(

Almost resembles a passable addition to the series when heavily redacted. What did you think of it? 

Yeah it was definitely the treatment the prequels needed.  I watched every second of it and enjoyed it.

• Like 1

I'll need a copious amount of alcohol if we do a prequel viewing.

It's the PT minus 4 hours of cheese. A fan edit of the best of the prequels. It's actually a decent watch but with plenty of ammo left for 12er/sober. Could be good for lulz.  

lol this was my 60,000th post

thread title edited accordingly 

• Like 3

Lol this thread is full nerdgin.

Actually kinda inspired me to watch some Star wars character history videos last night. Mostly about Sith & Jedi i'd never heard of because i don't know much about that universe beyond the films. 

Found these one quite interesting. There's a cool fan made one on Darth Maul. 

It occurred to me Starwars need a transgender Sith/Jedi character to finally reconcile both sides of the force.

Darth Foglet or Bailey Jaywalker seems an appropriate name. 

• Like 2

60,000th post in a Star Wars thread

Only reasonable action from here is to execute order 66

• Like 3

It occurred to me Starwars need a transgender Sith/Jedi character to finally reconcile both sides of the force.

Give Disney time mate. 

Think they touched on it in one of the legends books but a split personality Force user would be interesting. Imagine the rustle if they pulled some M. Night trolling in the Last Jedi and had revealed that Rey and Ren were the same person, just different personalities that the Jedi/Sith were trying to recruit to their side. Could work or could be a complete chit show but hopefully they dont play it so safe in the 2 new trilogies or show lined up.  

• Like 2

Give Disney time mate. 

Think they touched on it in one of the legends books but a split personality Force user would be interesting. Imagine the rustle if they pulled some M. Night trolling in the Last Jedi and had revealed that Rey and Ren were the same person, just different personalities that the Jedi/Sith were trying to recruit to their side. Could work or could be a complete chit show but hopefully they dont play it so safe in the 2 new trilogies or show lined up.  

I really don't care for a transgender character. I hope they don't do that. I wouldn't really care but it would seem like pandering.

I do love the idea of a character that embraces both sides of the force equally. I think that would be a good way to complete the circle so to speak and i think the story seems to be heading for something like that. Unity/compromise/sacrifice in today's political/social climate seems like something they might wanna do as a message. The good gets smashed then finally triumphs over evil concept is kinda played out and has been done countless times. 

I bet sHe can handle a lightsabre like no other! 

Me and my neighbor friend were talking about Bailey just the other day....lol thanks Sober. To my surprise she knew a lot about her. 

She has a co-worker she said that kinda looks like her too. I told her to bring her by some time and basically made a joke that we can compare ummm.... lightsabre's because mine and Bailey Jay's have very similar properties LOL. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

I really don't care for a transgender character. I hope they don't do that. I wouldn't really care but it would seem like pandering.

I do love the idea of a character that embraces both sides of the force equally. I think that would be a good way to complete the circle so to speak and i think the story seems to be heading for something like that. Unity/compromise/sacrifice in today's political/social climate seems like something they might wanna do as a message. The good gets smashed then finally triumphs over evil concept is kinda played out and has been done countless times. 

Me and my neighbor friend were talking about Bailey just the other day....lol thanks Sober. To my surprise she knew a lot about her. 

She has a co-worker she said that kinda looks like her too. I told her to bring her by some time and basically made a joke that we can compare ummm.... lightsabre's because mine and Bailey Jay's have very similar properties LOL. 

Hollywood and entertainment in general has jumped the shark. Making Iron Man a black girl, Green Lantern ghey, and Thor a woman in the comics just for shock lulz. But writing in Lando as "pansexual' in Star Wars and even though the scene was cut, they wrote and filmed a character in the new Jurassic World movie coming out as pansexual for no fooking reason or relation to the story at all just cause it's the new buzz word, edgy right now. 

• Like 1

Hollywood and entertainment in general has jumped the shark. Making Iron Man a black girl, Green Lantern ghey, and Thor a woman in the comics just for shock lulz. But writing in Lando as "pansexual' in Star Wars and even though the scene was cut, they wrote and filmed a character in the new Jurassic World movie coming out as pansexual for no fooking reason or relation to the story at all just cause it's the new buzz word, edgy right now. 

There definitely is a lot of discrimination still in Hollywood & the larger public still to this day so i'm all for inclusion but i totally agree there needs to a plot driven reason for it other than "token" whatever and i don't think they need to write a part in solely for inclusion's sake because then it just feels forced, out of place and there can be backlash. People will just h8 them for doing it and maybe in some way blame said group which is retarded but that's how people are lol

I guess the idea there is to trickle some stuff in but the public still isn't ready for that. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

lol did you choose to ignore me pointing out that the "pansexual Lando" thing was a joke because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Explain to me how anything in Solo defines Lando as being pansexual? 

lol did you choose to ignore me pointing out that the "pansexual Lando" thing was a joke because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Explain to me how anything in Solo defines Lando as being pansexual?

The writer came out and said he wrote him as pansexual. So edgy. After all the posts written in here ovee the last couple days in your absence and this is what you respond to. smh

The writer came out and said he wrote him as pansexual. So edgy. After all the posts written in here ovee the last couple days in your absence and this is what you respond to. smh

What is in the movie that makes him a pansexual?

If anything, he got the label because he is banging aliens, but again that is not the Solo writers doing. That was in a novel.

What is in the movie that makes him a pansexual?

If anything, he got the label because he is banging aliens, but again that is not the Solo writers doing. That was in a novel.

This is exactly my point. Nothing in the movie or OT signals that he's pansexual and into space dik so why does the screen writer need to come out and say that he is just for headlines. Having a ghey character is fine, but have the balls to represent one instead of just selling wolf tickets about a prexisting character. Its like when people talked about how it would have been cool to have a ghey character in Harry Potter and JK Rowling came out years after the movies and said "oh yeah, Dumbledoor was ghey"... but why

This is exactly my point. Nothing in the movie or OT signals that he's pansexual and into space dik so why does the screen writer need to come out and say that he is just for headlines. Having a ghey character is fine, but have the balls to represent one instead of just selling wolf tickets about a prexisting character. Its like when people talked about how it would have been cool to have a ghey character in Harry Potter and JK Rowling came out years after the movies and said "oh yeah, Dumbledoor was ghey"... but why

If the reason was to trigger the social injustice warriors, then I'd say mission accomplished.

Literally nothing in the movie and it still has neckbeards raging a month later.

Edited by 12er™
  • Like 2

WHAT.

Ruin Johnson is getting his own trilogy.

Game of Thrones heads are getting their own trilogy.

Jon Favreau is getting his own show.

12er is 3 shill posts away from getting his own series as well.

Edited by TUF
  • Like 4

Guys I don't have Friday off...I have tonight off. Don't suppose any of you cans are even online right now

Especially you mouth-breathing, inferior-living east coasters smdh

Edited by Nyte

Actually inferior-diddling would be in line with recent posts.

Another opportunity missed

Smdh.

My suggestion for the next time you guys want to try. Fan edit of the prequels. 

Only right that 12er gets to throw heavy hands after last night. 

I'm just about done watching that! I get chopping up action scenes and mashing them together to show different things happening simultaneously, but the lightsabre duels in that edit really illustrates how much better a sequence is when it's uninterrupted. 

• Like 2

I'm just about done watching that! I get chopping up action scenes and mashing them together to show different things happening simultaneously, but the lightsabre duels in that edit really illustrates how much better a sequence is when it's uninterrupted. 

Yea, with 100% less "spinning, that's a good trick" interruptions.

Between Sober's Mrs., Nyte's nocturnal lifestyle, and you foglets going rogue and watching it already, I'm giving up on this thread

• Like 2

Between Sober's Mrs., Nyte's nocturnal lifestyle, and you foglets going rogue and watching it already, I'm giving up on this thread

Giving up worse than Luke on the Jedi order in TLJ

Time for a force ghost visit from a fallen fora member. Standby while I commune with the force

• Like 2

Time for a force ghost visit from a fallen fora member. Standby while I commune with the force

No doubt Freddie is burning trees in the afterlife. If you guys find a time that works, I'll be down to watch and defend George's honor. 

• Like 1

No doubt Freddie is burning trees in the afterlife. If you guys find a time that works, I'll be down to watch and defend George's honor.

Well I was more thinking down the line for a banned forum member who had some insight not a fallen fora member who is actually deceased

Speaking of which, what really happened to Freddie?

• Like 1

Had you spelled Georges and not George's, was readily prepared to expose you as a GSP fanboy

• Like 1

Had you spelled Georges and not George's, was readily prepared to expose you as a GSP fanboy

The fact that you defaulted to GSP when seeing "George's" tells me everything I need to know mate.

NyteRyder confirmed v

55n07w1w488z.jpg

Edited by TUF

The fact that you defaulted to GSP when seeing "George's" tells me everything I need to know mate.

NyteRyder confirmed v

55n07w1w488z.jpg

Some would just call that attention to detail m8. No ragrets

• Like 1

oh wait you wanted to watch it with a chat thread? I didn’t catch that soz bruh

• Like 1

Going by name alone, Arcane Knight would be most apropos

This sucks.

I want to watch it but I'm at the beach with no internet aside from cellular. Think my folks are bringing a hotspot when they come down. Might watch it then

• Like 1

The whole video is worth a watch, but since most of you are troglodytes, it will probably only appeal to Robert. That said, the last four minutes is required viewing because it very eloquently articulates why I enjoyed the ending of Luke's story in a way I wish I could.

https://youtu.be/XJhOpY7bh6s

Edited by 12er™
  • Like 1

Wow Sunday night and nobody suggested a viewing party? Complete and utter disappointment

Think I'm in the same boat as TUF now. And it's sinking

• Like 1

Wow Sunday night and nobody suggested a viewing party? Complete and utter disappointment

You posted that at mundy smoko dumny and now it's mundy arvo no chance of that happening on a whim. 

• Like 2

Timezones m9. It's a lot to ask somebody to watch The Last Jedi but at 2 AM is tew much. It seems everybody has already seen a fan edit of the prequels so if the fora comes up with a movie to watch, I'd still be up for a viewing party of sorts.

• Like 2

Timezones m9. It's a lot to ask somebody to watch The Last Jedi but at 2 AM is tew much. It seems everybody has already seen a fan edit of the prequels so if the fora comes up with a movie to watch, I'd still be up for a viewing party of sorts.

Killer Clowns From Outer Space

Guaranteed hilarious chains of comments

• Like 1

We'll see if a non-potato stream of Solo comes out before official release. I don't have high hopes.

• Like 2