Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

James Vick fills in for Al Iaquinta, takes on Justin Gaethje at UFC Lincoln

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/james-vick/breaking-james-vick-fills-in-for-al-iaquinta-takes-on-justin-gaethje-at-ufc-lincoln/

James-Vick-on-Facebook-Live-ahead-of-UFC

Well, the search for Justin Gaethje’s new UFC Lincoln opponent didn’t last long.

Late Wednesday night it was reported that Al Iaquinta had pulled out of his upcoming main event bout with the former WSOF champion, Gaethje that was set to take place on August 25th.

The reason for why Iaquinta pulled out remains unknown but now we have the answer to who his replacement is.

After the quick rumblings of possibly Kevin Lee or David Teymur filling in, the UFC has now confirmed ESPN‘s initial report that James Vick is replacing the Serra-Longo product, Iaquinta.

That punching bag Gaethje don't want these problems!!

— James Vick (@JamesVickMMA) June 28, 2018

How do you see this one going now?

You think Justin will get back on track? Or is this Vick's chance to finally get a win over a big opponent?

James Vick will do some gay chit like throw head kicks.  Gaethje should be on the shelf for longer... he's chinny.  Vick via knockout either a kick or a knee.

• Like 1

They could put Justin Gathjie against new comers and it would still be a main event in the UFC's eyes

Mine too. I'll take a brawl over a point fighting contest any day.
  • Like 3

James Vick may be a can that got knocked out by Beneil but he will put Justin down.  I don't know if Gaethje's goal is to have CTE or what.  Even in victory he will take punishment and he's not really resting much between losses.  He was hurt in his lone victory.

If Gaethje is heavily favored I'm betting opposite because Vick is a 6'3" lightweight.  Darrel Hill wishes he could be James Vick.

Just looked at the overall card, no wonder its the main event, the card is absolutely awful so far

Just looked at the overall card, no wonder its the main event, the card is absolutely awful so far

It's in Lincoln, Nebraska ya dipchit.  Buncha white boys f*cking livestock.

• Like 1

James Vick may be a can that got knocked out by Beneil but he will put Justin down. I don't know if Gaethje's goal is to have CTE or what. Even in victory he will take punishment and he's not really resting much between losses. He was hurt in his lone victory.

If Gaethje is heavily favored I'm betting opposite because Vick is a 6'3" lightweight. Darrel Hill wishes he could be James Vick.

yeah Vick should 100% be at WW. Look forward to JG walking him down though. Would have loved to see JG vs prime Cowboy

• Like 2

yeah Vick should 100% be at WW. Look forward to JG walking him down though. Would have loved to see JG vs prime Cowboy

I like Justin more but he better get the boy out of there early.  He gets wobbled in every fight.  I believe Cashfl0w is the one that said he fights like he's wearing a football helmet.  A shorter bum took him out with a knee.  I think one with 5 inches of height will do the same.

• Like 1

Gaethje: Looks like I’ll be eating @JamesVickMMA chicken legs for dinner August 25 in Lincoln

Vick: Looks like instead of you having 5 fights left in your career i beat you senseless and you maybe have 2 left after that.

Gaethje: You will be begging another 2 yrs for a shot at top ten when I show you for the **** **** point fighter you are.

Vick: calm down you punch drunk ****. Please don’t take to many beating during sparring that you can’t make it to the fight

Gaethje: Dam you are supposed to make this fun. You are welcome now you get to tell your friends you fought in a Ufc main even.

Getting a little bit of agro between these two now lol here's hope it makes for an exciting fight.

James Vick is going to run around like a ****.

And fight long?  I told you he would do some gay chit like try to kick him in the head.  He might catch a broken leg if he's not careful though.  If I were James Vick I just wouldn't make weight since it's not really a requirement anymore.

• Like 2

Cash did you see that article that said Wonderbread was going to stop leaving the fight in the hands of the judges?  I didn't even open it because I was dying.  Steve acting like he's actually gonna square up for a proper knock... lol.

• Like 3

Cash did you see that article that said Wonderbread was going to stop leaving the fight in the hands of the judges?  I didn't even open it because I was dying.  Steve acting like he's actually gonna square up for a proper knock... lol.

wonderpud is going to be joining the other karate guy, that style of mma fighting sux, .... ask anybody,

...he's 35 and just figuring out that ufc judge chit now -

And fight long? I told you he would do some gay chit like try to kick him in the head. He might catch a broken leg if he's not careful though. If I were James Vick I just wouldn't make weight since it's not really a requirement anymore.

After watching about the last eight guys severely limping as they leave the cage with Gaethje, I don't hold out hope that Vick will engage much. He's going to look a lot like Wonderbread, if he lives. If he gets to throwing stationary punches, he's ****ing toast. Edited by cashfl0w

After watching about the last eight guys severely limping as they leave the cage with Gaethje, I don't hold out hope that Vick will engage much. He's going to look a lot like Wonderbread, if he lives. If he gets to throwing stationary punches, he's **** toast.

I would advise him to just go the Dern route and weigh in much closer to the next class up.  168.4 sounds reasonable. 

• Like 1

LOL Gaethje has 15 knockouts by himself!

They missed a trick when Maia fought Usman.  Should have advertised it as 13 combined submissions.

• Like 1