Jolldan

Tito Ortiz says Chuck Liddell fight is happening, shares details of lucrative Golden Boy MMA contract

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/tito-ortiz/tito-ortiz-says-chuck-liddell-fight-is-happening-shares-details-of-lucrative-golden-boy-mma-contract/

cover.png

From the sounds of it, Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell will in fact fight for a third time. Speaking on Submission Radio this week, Ortiz divulged that he’s in shape, and that he’s just waiting for Liddell to sign his contract.

“I’ve bounced back faster than I expected, which is great,” Ortiz said (transcribed by Jim Edwards for MMANytt). “But I feel good, man, I’m anxious. I’m just waiting on Chuck Liddell’s side to kind of sign the contract, get this done. So, it’s just a matter of time.”

If this fight does happen, it will be the first effort from Golden Boy MMA — a new MMA promotion helmed by retired boxer Oscar De La Hoya. Apparently, Ortiz and Liddell stand to make a good chunk of money in this fight.

Ortiz shared the pertinent details of his and Liddell’s deals:

“I think Chuck’s kind of holding out, trying to make more money out of it, which it just doesn’t make sense because this deal is pretty much a cut and dry contract,” Ortiz said.

“We’re both partners. De La Hoya wants his 40 percent and me and Chuck Liddell get to split 30 percent. So that’s on complete revenue of the whole fight in general. And this is the whole thing that I’ve been waiting for such a long time in mixed martial arts, to really make a difference, and we’re gonna do that with De La Hoya and Golden Boy Promotions.”

“We’re able to make a big percentage of the revenue with pay-per-view, the gate, merchandising, sponsorship – something that no MMA event has ever done before, and we’re gonna make it happen.”

Ortiz then clarified once and for all that, yes, the fight is happening:

“It’s gonna happen,” he said.” This fight is gonna happen. It’s just a matter of time. Chuck Liddell, come on, buddy, stop asking for pennies, man. You’re stepping over dollars, looking for pennies. Let’s sign this fight, let’s get it done so that we can give all the fans 25 years of UFC.”

Do you think the fight is going to happen?

Who wins if it does?

BREAKING NEWS: More of the fight card released

Hughes vs Penn

Forrest vs Bonner

Sherk vs Serra

Franklin vs Couture

Gracie vs Shamrock

Penn will finish the job that the train started.

• Like 5

BREAKING NEWS:  More of the fight card released

Hughes vs Penn

Forrest vs Bonner

Sherk vs Serra

Franklin vs Couture

Gracie vs Shamrock

What, no Hendo vs Bisping? smh.
  • Like 1

What, no Hendo vs Bisping? smh.

UPDATE 2:

Hendo vs Bisping

Couture vs Lesnar (Yes, Couture is fighting TWICE in one night!)

Nick Diaz vs Frank Shamrock

Nate Diaz vs Jason Mayhem Miller

Edited by SVTContour98
  • Like 2

Hughes vs Penn

Forrest vs Bonner

Sherk vs Serra

Franklin vs Couture

Gracie vs Shamrock

i would watch that ****

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 4

My money is on the fight never happening or having to be outside the U.S because no commission is going to license a 50-year-old, coke addict with a laundry list of known concussions.

My money is on the fight never happening or having to be outside the U.S because no commission is going to license a 50-year-old, coke addict with a laundry list of known concussions.

Ken shamrock is still getting fights. Overeem has been knocked out over twice as many times as Chuck.
  • Like 3

You forget that CM Punk and Dada 5000 got licensed to fight.  

• Like 2

You forget that CM Punk and Dada 5000 got licensed to fight.

Mcginger got a boxing license against an undefeated fighter.

They don't give a **** as long as the $$$ comes in.

• Like 2

Hughes vs Penn

Forrest vs Bonner

Sherk vs Serra

Franklin vs Couture

Gracie vs Shamrock

10/10 would watch

Penn will finish the job that the train started.

tenor.gif?itemid=4673361

• Like 2

Pointless fight.

Tito STILL trying to make bank from Chuck. I assume this is because Chuck is old af and been ko'ed multiple times making Tito's confidence at an all time high. 

Pass, Chuck already dusted him, twice.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/tito-ortiz/tito-ortiz-makes-prediction-for-chuck-liddell-rematch-ppv-buys/

Tito Ortiz

“I talked to some of the guys like Sean Shelby, some of the other promoters, and they said, ‘you guys have a possibility of doing some really great numbers because people don’t know what to expect,’” Ortiz said about his expectations for the fight’s pay-per-view buys. “So what’s the magic number? Is it over 500,000? Will we meet that million number that we did last time me and Chuck fought? You know, we did over 1.4 million pay-per-view buys. If we fall right in the middle of that, I would be happy.”

For context, the stacked UFC 225 card is reported to have done something in the region of 250,000 buys.

How the hell is Chuck broke?  

cocaine is a hell of a drug

• Like 4

Did you think hookers and coke were free you silly silly sonuvabish

Dammit idyb beat me to it. **** that guy

Edited by Omoplataypus
  • Like 2

Oh chit.

Tito is saying they are talking to other "named" fighters to fight on this card.

Bring on the retirement bunch that BellaGOAT didn't want.

Vitor will be calling and begging the UFC to let him go

Why would he have to do that? The Machida fight was the last on his contract.

• Like 1

Why would he have to do that? The Machida fight was the last on his contract.

UFC has the option to match.

What makes you think that he is?

If a net worth of 14 million dollars is broke I would love to be broke.

What makes you think that he is?

If a net worth of 14 million dollars is broke I would love to be broke.

First, random net worth figures online are all speculation.  Neither you nor I have any clue the actual state of Chuck's finances.  

Second, after NewFC cuts off his "I'm getting paid to be Dana's friend" income he suddenly comes out wanting to fight after being a ghost for years?  Maybe it's all a big coincidence.  Chuck has everything to lose in this fight.  Seems like a decision based on financial need.  

Third, is it really hard to believe that someone that loves that party lifestyle may be overextended financially after losing what they thought would be life long extra income?  

Fourth, I'm not alone in thinking this.  

• Like 2

Chuck blind off his head: "I'VE GOT 11 OF THESE F**KING THINGS!!!" *slams rolex into bowl of spaghetti*

conor-chuck.png

• Like 2

First, random net worth figures online are all speculation.  Neither you nor I have any clue the actual state of Chuck's finances.  

Second, after NewFC cuts off his "I'm getting paid to be Dana's friend" income he suddenly comes out wanting to fight after being a ghost for years?  Maybe it's all a big coincidence.  Chuck has everything to lose in this fight.  Seems like a decision based on financial need.  

Third, is it really hard to believe that someone that loves that party lifestyle may be overextended financially after losing what they thought would be life long extra income?  

Fourth, I'm not alone in thinking this.  

Yeah you're just another retarded Tito fan and I guess Tito is broke as well.

You realize he's married with young children, right?  He did party hard as a fighter but he's moved on.

Let's say he and Tito are both only worth one third of their 2018 reported net worths... they're still worth 5 million which is hardly broke.  If you think both men don't have revenue streams outside of fighting you're as bad as the deluded casual that said BJ Penn was fighting for a check in his last 6 fights.  BJ is rich as ****.

You realize he's married with young children, right? He did party hard as a fighter but he's moved on.

Let's say he and Tito are both only worth one third of their 2018 reported net worths... they're still worth 5 million which is hardly broke. If you think both men don't have revenue streams outside of fighting you're as bad as the deluded casual that said BJ Penn was fighting for a check in his last 6 fights. BJ is rich as ****.

Only Bailey Jay is allowed to abuse sobie this much

• Like 1

I watched a recent interview with Chuck, it’s the first time I heard him talk since he retired and he can actually put together a sentence now.

I hope he doesn’t get sparked out ffs.

• Like 1

You realize he's married with young children, right?  He did party hard as a fighter but he's moved on.

Let's say he and Tito are both only worth one third of their 2018 reported net worths... they're still worth 5 million which is hardly broke.  If you think both men don't have revenue streams outside of fighting you're as bad as the deluded casual that said BJ Penn was fighting for a check in his last 6 fights.  BJ is rich as ****.

Chuck is a wetbrain.  

• Like 2

And by abuse, you mean being legit retarded?

It's hard for retarded people to see retarded behavior.

Insert mind blown gif

• Like 2

And by abuse, you mean being legit retarded?

Oh so Chuck IS broke and you have proof?  Any proof that he still bangs strippers and 7 gram rocks or shall you just continue being a retard?

This fight is gonna happen. It’s just a matter of time. Chuck Liddell, come on, buddy, stop asking for pennies, man. You’re stepping over dollars, looking for pennies. Let’s sign this fight, let’s get it done so that we can give all the fans 25 years of UFC.

Oh the irony... the dude that dodged Chuck for years because he was scared and wanted more money to take a beating is telling Chuck not to step over dollars looking for pennies.

Tito operates on Vert's level.

Oh so Chuck IS broke and you have proof?  Any proof that he still bangs strippers and 7 gram rocks or shall you just continue being a retard?

Neither you nor I have any clue the actual state of Chuck's finances.  

Pay attention.  

• Like 3

Pay attention.  

You think Tito's net worth is accurate?  He just came out of retirement for the 4th time... he must be sweating his finances like a nagger on a rape charge.

• Like 1