Sign in to follow this  
ReturnoftheSoup

Michael Chiesa comes off as whining, but has a legitimate gripe

I hadn't thought about this, but if he hadn't been injured on the bus, he probably would have been the guy who challenged for the title against Habib. After seeing how the current illegitimate title holder fared against the Real Estate agent, dominant but not exactly compelling, it's not out of the question that Michael could have won the title that night.

https://www.mmaweekly.com/michael-chiesa-f-him-conor-mcgregor-took-my-title-chance-away-ufc-226-video

Edited by ReturnoftheSoup

Love Chiesa. But look at what Lee did to him. Khabib smashes him.

Have Lee and Khabib fought before? Because in order for you to draw this conclusion, in order for you to use this kind of MMA math, this fight must have happened. Otherwise I don't see how it's possible for you to make this comparison.

I guess I missed that fight.

P.S. Kevin Lee will make Khabib look like a high school junior varsity bench warmer.

• Like 1

Have Lee and Khabib fought before? Because in order for you to draw this conclusion, in order for you to use this kind of MMA math, this fight must have happened. Otherwise I don't see how it's possible for you to make this comparison.

P.S. Kevin Lee will make Khabib look like a high school junior varsity bench warmer.

it's universally accepted by the intellectuals of the MMA community that Khabib would not lose to a black dude with a name as white as Kevin and surname as asian as Lee

• Like 4

no doubt chiesa is making more money off mcgregor now than diaz did. No surprise Mcgregor is reportedly running out of money and needs to fight soon. His coach indicated they want the trilogy fight with diaz at 155

Edited by PunchBag

Chiesa would have a claim if the UFC never ever went against the rankings to set up a title fight. The problem is that they do, and they do it often.

Also, he got paid for that event. The company gave him a win bonus too, if I remember right. Good luck trying to establish what wages he lost. He'll get his medical bills paid, and that's about it.

• Like 2

Chiesa would have a claim if the UFC never ever went against the rankings to set up a title fight. The problem is that they do, and they do it often.

Also, he got paid for that event. The company gave him a win bonus too, if I remember right. Good luck trying to establish what wages he lost. He'll get his medical bills paid, and that's about it.

Not too mention Anthony was unable to put him on the highlight reel.  It was and is STILL gonna be a hand stand kick KO.  Some straight up Street Fighter ****.

• Like 1

Jorge Masvidal at the prime of his taco bell eating career mugged this chump.  Anthony will do the same and don't be surprised if he chokes him out.  Chiesa claims his limp body was just using his neck muscles until Pettis got tired of choking him.  It's Mike Chiesa's gimmick.  He tapped against Masvidal multiple times... the round ended and all of sudden his hand didn't tap 3 to 4 times.

What a goober.

• Like 1

Is this idiot still milking that little scrape for attention still?

You got a desk job as a setllement. Get over it.

He straight being more a diva about the situation than the female straweights.

• Like 1

Is this idiot still milking that little scrape for attention still?

You got a desk job as a setllement. Get over it.

He straight being more a diva about the situation than the female straweights.

No Hands finna kick him in his liver and fold the white boy up like the cheap lawn chair that he is.

• Like 3

Chisea would do the flex your neck muscles RNC defense against Khabib until that can gases his arms out then Michael would knock him out cold with ease.

• Like 1

This is true, considering they both fought Canboza one after the other, it's pretty clear that Kevin Lee is the superior grappler.

In fact, not only did he smash that can way harder, but Glassboza probably trained nothing but wrassling after the dagescrandy fight and he still got molested more severely by Kevin Lee.

I think anyoen who watches this **** knows that Kevin Lee does to Hugbib what Hugbib does to non-wrestling cans.

• Like 3

This is true, considering they both fought Canboza one after the other, it's pretty clear that Kevin Lee is the superior grappler.

In fact, not only did he smash that can way harder, but Glassboza probably trained nothing but wrassling after the dagescrandy fight and he still got molested more severely by Kevin Lee.

I think anyoen who watches this **** knows that Kevin Lee does to Hugbib what Hugbib does to non-wrestling cans.

nice b8 m8
  • Like 1

nice b8 m8

He's another one stealing my take from December.  I said Kevin could potentially counter wrestle Khabib and it wouldn't be a blow out.  Initially Cash was the only one to agree and we both were said to be "trolling"

Fast forward half a year and half of this forum has that take only worse.  That Kevin would dominate rather than compete against Khabib.  Just another sad circle jerk to add to this forum's history.

• Like 1

He's another one stealing my take from December. I said Kevin could potentially counter wrestle Khabib and it wouldn't be a blow out. Initially Cash was the only one to agree and we both were said to be "trolling"

Fast forward half a year and half of this forum has that take only worse. That Kevin would dominate rather than compete against Khabib. Just another sad circle jerk to add to this forum's history.

you are all trolling though right? Khabib is better everywhere lol

you are all trolling though right? Khabib is better everywhere lol

Almost everyone has better BJJ and striking than Khabib. He sucks. 

That only leaves wrassling and judging by their common opponent, Kevin Lee is better there as well.

Hugbib will duck that fight, 100%.

• Like 3

If by "everywhere", you mean laying on someone, then sure.

He's not even better at that. You don't have to spam 28 takedowns in 3 round fight when you have good top control.

Edited by 12er™
  • Like 3

Almost everyone has better BJJ and striking than Khabib. He sucks.

That only leaves wrassling and judging by their common opponent, Kevin Lee is better there as well.

Hugbib will duck that fight, 100%.

his Sambo top game at that level easily nullifies most MMA BJJ guards m8, but I wouldn't expect you to know that. Edited by Ozpride
  • Like 2

Off the top of my head, I don't remember seeing a lot of jacked black dudes in Sambo competitions..

Off the top of my head, I don't remember seeing a lot of jacked black dudes in Sambo competitions..

lol Kevin isn't black he's a caramel asian at best

• Like 1

Point stands. Sambo is a competition of mediocre athletes.

how many bjj tourneys did Kevin win again?

btw finish rate is in Khabibs favour despite 6 more fights and 9 more wins lel

• Like 2

his Sambo top game at that level easily nullifies most MMA BJJ guards m8, but I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Dude has to spam takedowns because everyone just stands back up.

• Like 1

In fact, not only did he smash that can way harder, but Glassboza probably trained nothing but wrassling after the dagescrandy fight and he still got molested more severely by Kevin Lee.

Both had four takedowns. One got their head knocked off. And one was a three round vs five round fight.

Your bias is showing, just like in the politics thread.

• Like 2

Cash has me dying laughing. I'm assuming hes saying Lee is jacked.

Anyone under 200lbs cant be jacked.

No, I'm saying where are the athletes in Sambo competitions?

The answer is: They're not there.

• Like 1

Cash has me dying laughing. I'm assuming hes saying Lee is jacked.

Anyone under 200lbs cant be jacked.

I think Franco Columbu might have a word with you on this. Edited by ReturnoftheSoup

No, I'm saying where are the athletes in Sambo competitions?

The answer is: They're not there.

You don't think it's possible that there was an athlete in the audience? Maybe someone supporting a relative or a friend?

• Like 1

lolololol @ "athletes" in MMA

Kevin would get dumped on his head by combat sambo wimmen m8

I know you're trolling, you spend enough time in front of a computer to at least have watched some hilights

• Like 1

Both had four takedowns. One got their head knocked off. And one was a three round vs five round fight.

Your bias is showing, just like in the politics thread.

Kevin had to pass 11 times so Edson was able to regain guard against him multiple times.  He wasn't able to regain guard one time against Khabib.  30-24, 30-25 x2 and less than four months later Edson fights Kevin Lee.  If Edson just threw another kick instead of rushing stanky leg Kevin this conversation isn't happening.

Winning streak

Kevin - 1

Khabib - 26

Bambi on ice

Kevin - 1

Khabib - 0

Knocked out by a black belt

Kevin - 1

Khabib - 0

Records against Al Iaquinta

Kevin - 0-1

Khabib - 1-0

But yeah... Kevin Lee is better than Khabib EVERYWHERE.

• Like 2

Threef.

Kevin is such a weight cutting can that he's pushing for a new weight class instead of joining the boys at 170.  He needs to man up and get slapped around by Neil Magny.

• Like 1

Threef.

Kevin is such a weight cutting can that he's pushing for a new weight class instead of joining the boys at 170. He needs to man up and get slapped around by Neil Magny.

he'd walk around 185 easy

• Like 2

he'd walk around 185 easy

Out of his own mouth he admitted to walking as high as 195 outside of training camp and being 185 pounds in shape.

• Like 1

Kevin had to pass 11 times so Edson was able to regain guard against him multiple times.  He wasn't able to regain guard one time against Khabib.  30-24, 30-25 x2 and less than four months later Edson fights Kevin Lee.  If Edson just threw another kick instead of rushing stanky leg Kevin this conversation isn't happening.

Winning streak

Kevin - 1

Khabib - 26

Bambi on ice

Kevin - 1

Khabib - 0

Knocked out by a black belt

Kevin - 1

Khabib - 0

Records against Al Iaquinta

Kevin - 0-1

Khabib - 1-0

But yeah... Kevin Lee is better than Khabib EVERYWHERE.

Willing to bang with kickboxers

Kevin - 1

Khabib - 0

Fought Iaquinta in their debut at 21 years old

Kevin - 1

Khabib - 0

Finishes in their last five wins

Kevin - 5

Khabib - 2 (one coming over the Great Darrell Horcher, the other over FW Michael Johnson)

• Like 1