Jolldan

Manager confirms Yoel Romero plans to move to light heavyweight, wants title fight with Daniel Cormier

Well DC be stupid enough to except?

Probably not. Maybe Yoel can win some fights at LHW, and earn a spot in line.
  • Like 3

We've seen what a dehydrated Yoel can do, Now imagine what a hydrated Yoel can do... That's scary!

He typically gets his **** kicked until he lands an incredible shot out of nowhere. That strategy is going to be much more difficult to employ against larger opponents who deliver more damage and can endure more damage.

• Like 2

He typically gets his **** kicked until he lands an incredible shot out of nowhere. That strategy is going to be much more difficult to employ against larger opponents who deliver more damage and can endure more damage.

It could go either way imo. Will be interesting to see how his athleticism plays against generally bigger yet slower opponents

• Like 2

Yoel's response back to DC was pretty awesome, and spot on. Props to Yoel for doing what he can to get traction on a fight that maybe doesnt have any business happening, but never know these days. It would throw a yet another wrench in the weight class. 

lol the middleweight champ don't need to earn chit

You said Romero, who is the champ of being a fat can. lol
  • Like 1

Unless DC goes back on his plan to retire by his 40th birthday, I don't see it happening.

I'll honestly be pretty surprised if DC ever fights at LHW again, because Brock isn't going to be eligible until January and I don't see them booking DC before the Brock fight and his 40th birthday is next March.

Meh seems you're right. I saw his response and it seems like he doesn't wanna fight Yoel.  :(

I'm starting to think everyone is scared of him. 

I'm sure the h8ers think different  but whatevs. 

Oh, you're one of those, huh? He's the Brian Ortega of MW. Loses every round, and gets lucky at the end. All that ended against Whittaker, who sonned him not once, but twice.

• Like 2

Meh seems you're right. I saw his response and it seems like he doesn't wanna fight Yoel.  :(

Daniel just finished Stipe.  If you think he's afraid of Yoel Romero you're deluded.  Stipe would knock that can clean out in the first exchange.

• Like 3

What reason would he have to be scared of Romero?

DC has fought guys that are bigger, better, and hit harder than Romero. He just knocked out the Heavyweight champ in the first round. Why would he be scared of a Middleweight that is 0-2 against the champ in that division?

• Like 5

DC has fought guys that are bigger, better, and hit harder than Romero. He just knocked out the Heavyweight champ in the first round. Why would he be scared of a Middleweight that is 0-2 against the champ in that division?

Yoel prob wont allow him to get into the clinch and dirty box....plus there is a difference between explosive power and regular plodding power.

DC would piece that communist up so bad that he wouldn't be able to put together a coherent senten..... wait, he can't put together a coherent sentence right now. lol

• Like 5

DC would piece that communist up so bad that he wouldn't be able to put together a coherent senten..... wait, he can't put together a coherent sentence right now. lol

Cringe

Because i'm a little biased being a Yoel fan and have no deep hatred for Yoel like most of this forum. 

It's more than though and maybe scared is not the right word. It more reeks of safe which is a form of fear but not outright. 

1. Takes big risk fighting Stipe < Balls of steel 

2. Recommends Yoel to fight the Mauler an opponent whom btw he's stated he'd like to run back. So Yoel is worthy for someone he will fight but not worthy for him? This makes zero sense to me. 

3. Wants to fight LOL Shobum and Brock to go out on easy wins. Brock i get because $ and it's interesting. 

4. Now makes excuse for why he shouldn't fight Yoel when Yoel calls him out.

5. Hints that Yoel probably would have schooled him in wrestling back in the day. < Is he worthy or not DC make up your mind. 

6. Yoel badly KO'ed one of his long time teamates who DC while not on paper he does have has some things in common with style wise. 

When i look at all those things logically with out any bias it seems "safe" and i'm kinda sick of that in MMA. I want my fav fighters to be like sure line them up and i'll knock them all ded. This riding high in a position and playing it safe isn't what got them there and i'm old school UFC so i don't like it. It bothered me when WhitaGOAT did it as well and i'm a huge fan of Rob. 

Legacy=safe. Your legacy doesn't mean as much if you pick n choose all the safe bets. It kills me to see him do that because i legit love the guy. He's an awesome fighter and couldn't be better person for the sport. 

Oddest thing to me is i think Yoel is a fan friendly fight. Does something for his legacy ( more than Shobum or Mauler ) and it's an interesting but favorable match-up for DC so why the fk not leap at it. It's win win win but there is a small risk involved if Yoel made him look bad or the unthinkable Yoel beat him. In all likelihood DC wins in Rumble like fashion but there is a chance Yoel could beat him despite what h8ers think. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

hold on yoel. u gotta wait for DC to finish matters with brock lesnar before he can take on another known roider. especially one that repeatedly misses weight and lost his last fight.

yea. Romero beat Whittaker worse than Hendo Beat Bispingaa

Right.  

Bobby was laid out on his back blowing bubbles, stiff as a board, while Yoel was flying through the air to slam his forearm into his contorted face.    

• Like 1

If Druncle polo gives it the all clear then it definitely needs to happen imo.

Dont see anything that clown brings to the table that DC cant handle. He lost twice to a guy from ausgaylia. DC knocks out HWs. DC would send that idiot back to his trash island in pieces

Edited by Omoplataypus
  • Like 2

Dont see anything that clown brings to the table that DC cant handle. He lost twice to a guy from ausgaylia. DC knocks out HWs. DC would send that idiot back to his trash island in pieces

Lol

Wonder if dc can handle his explosive bursts of power

Edited by VertFTW

IIRC he sat that WCC down three times. Once with knees, once with a kick that barely hits and then ALL hands.

If Yoel even thought about moving upto 205 and think he'd step to the liked of Volkan, let alone DC, he might be put in a comatose state.

• Like 1

IIRC he sat that WCC down three times. Once with knees, once with a kick that barely hits and then ALL hands.

If Yoel even thought about moving upto 205 and think he'd step to the liked of Volkan, let alone DC, he might be put in a comatose state.

Wolfcan Ozdemir sucks bro.

lol not triggered...just reflecting on how bad you were duped with that can.

Lmfao

Edited by I_Take_Roids_m8
  • Like 1