Sign in to follow this  
Z3NTIVA

Viagogo scam - how to get money back

Hello guys, please help me! 

I am from Czech Republic (Europe) and I want to attend an UFC event physically for the first time. Since I am not experienced in buying tickets online (neither in the usuall price for such an event, as UFC 229), I googled "tickets for UFC 229" right after the fight announcement. The first site that popped up was a "viagogo". It seemed very serious and "non-fake". 

Unfortunately, I haven't read the reviews before and because it looked honest to me (like booking.com, etc.), I bought 2 tickets for UFC 229 for almost 2.600 USD. Right after I bought it, I found out that the site is a little scam and that the tickets are usually overpriced as f**k...  :( 

Do you have any experience with this site regarding an ufc events? The thing is - I am "ok" with the fact that I have paid propably much more, that was necessary. The issue is, that I am not sure, whether the tickets will even arrive and whether they will be authentic and for the actual paid seats. 

I don't want to book a flight, hotels, etc. and then find out that the tickets are invalid (or that they haven't arrived at all). Do you guys have any experience? 

My plan is to buy 2 official tickets from the pre-sale as well (that is why I have bought this membership) and the hope, that these 2 tickets from that scam site are valid and hopefully sell them before the T-mobile arena / on the internet right before the event. What do you think, guys? Do you have any experience? 

Thank you a lot! 
Jakub from Czech

• Like 1

You ain't reselling these tickets.

Your best bet is to call your credit card company and try to cancel.

Tell them you saw a lot of scam reviews. And don't want to risk it.

Do you know that the tickets go on sale August 15?

Why did you but tickets from a site that has tickets to an event that havent been released yet?