How much is the real cost of producing hydro 🤔🤔

#3 Oz'Canada

Oz'Canada

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,529 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:10 PM

i met a guy in BC who drives his car on used vegetable oil who gave us a lift home from a brewpub last week. It was a 2004 Volvo V6 wagon and fast as fook.
  • Decompoze likes this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#4 Decompoze

Decompoze
  • Free
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:05 AM

i met a guy in BC who drives his car on used vegetable oil who gave us a lift home from a brewpub last week. It was a 2004 Volvo V6 wagon and fast as fook.

Was his name Shaun and did he have a huge beard? Met a guy on the east coast who was visiting from BC who did the same and fit that description.

Edited by Decompoze, 09 August 2018 - 04:05 AM.

• Oz'Canada likes this

Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb...they refuse, they cling to the realm or gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

#5 Oz'Canada

Oz'Canada

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,529 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:25 AM

Was his name Shaun and did he have a huge beard? Met a guy on the east coast who was visiting from BC who did the same and fit that description.

cant remember the name but he had a beard that may have been huge before, he was some govt worker that knew a little about a lot. The fuel thing was a co-op, they drove around to pubs draining their empty fry vats and the car smelled like fries
  • Decompoze likes this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#6 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 14,104 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:03 AM

How much is the real cost of producing hydro

i think hydro is something like 40% efficient when compared to fossil fuels at somewhere around 20%, with electrical somehwere over 50%. The simple cost effectiveness of hydro is so bad it makes 0 sense. I kinda pulled these % from my terrible memory so google it.

Edited by PunchBag, 09 August 2018 - 11:04 AM.

• VertFTW likes this

brZ51I9.jpg

#7 PokesJones

PokesJones
  • Free
  • 716 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:08 PM

i think hydro is something like 40% efficient when compared to fossil fuels at somewhere around 20%, with electrical somehwere over 50%. The simple cost effectiveness of hydro is so bad it makes 0 sense. I kinda pulled these % from my terrible memory so google it.

One problem with electric, though, is the charge times.