Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

James Vick says Kevin Lee has turned down multiple fights with him, has text messages to prove it

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/james-vick/james-vick-says-kevin-lee-has-turned-down-multiple-fights-with-him-has-text-messages-to-prove-it/

James-Vick-Kevin-Lee-696x399.jpg

James Vick, who will battle Justin Gaethje in the UFC Lincoln main even on August 25, has been calling for a fight with Kevin Lee for a long time. Unfortunately for Vick, the fight has never come together.

According to Vick, that’s because Lee has repeatedly turned the bout down. He says he’s even got the text messages with UFC matchmakers Joe Silva and Sean Shelby to prove it.

“Here’s the thing, after I win this fight I’m gonna be ranked above Al [iaquinta],” Vick said, questioning Lee’s willingness to fight Iaquinta but not him. “But **** Kevin Lee. If they want me to fight him they’re gonna have to pay more money too because I’ve called this guy out multiple times. He’s turned down two fights with me. Physically, he has turned down two fights with me. I have text messages to prove this from the UFC matchmakers – Joe Silva back when Joe Silva was still here and Sean Shelby both. And I’ve said this publicly that he’s turned down fights with me and he’s never really denied it, he just kind of sidesteps the question. So, one hundred percent, I’ve been saving these messages for years. The guy has turned down fights with me and I’m not fighting him now unless I get paid at least as much as he does. Because what the **** is the point? Why do I have to keep calling these guys out? I’m on their schedule, you know what I’m saying? We all need fights. If he wants to fight a guy ranked below me then he can. After I win this fight I’m gonna be ranked above Al.”

Do you think we’ll ever see Kevin Lee and James Vick fight?

if so who wins?

LMAO.. you don't go from beating the snot out of Ferguson and him being saved by the bell, and then brutally beating Edson Barboza, to then fighting James f'in Vick.

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 5

Turned down fights? No you mean refused to give you a lottery ticket for no reason, Vick is an idiot, beat someone who means something then call out top fighters, until then, Daruish is still laughing 

• Like 1

lol, that dummy actually thought he deserved that fight? Do your fookin job USADA cos he's on ALL the marijuanas

• Like 2

I just read the OP and discovered James Vick is too retarded to realize Lee wants to fight Iaquinta to avenge the loss in his debut. Not because he really wants to fight some idiot ranked way below him.

• Like 1

I called out Kevin Lee as well and have text messages to prove it

I don't blame him though, I would have diggled him

• Like 5

LMAO.. you don't go from beating the snot out of Ferguson and him being saved by the bell, and then brutally beating Edson Barboza, to then fighting James f'in Vick.

Tony Ferguson vs. Kevin Lee

Round 1

The referee for tonight's main event is Herb Dean, with judges Derek Cleary, Chris Lee and Marcos Rosales scoring at cageside. Lee slaps the face of Ferguson with a left high kick, then backs up as "El Cucuy" returns fire with a low kick. Lee connects with a right hand now, but when he goes to throw it again, Ferguson kicks his plant leg out from under him. Ferguson picks off Lee with a short left hook counter when the "Motown Phenom" tries to come over the top with a right hand. Lee scores a flash knockdown with a right straight on the jaw, but when Ferguson gets up and Lee chases after him, Ferguson scores a knockdown of his own with a shot to the chin. Lee springs back to his feet, and now the frantic pace slows after both men taste heavy shots. Lee hits a bodylock takedown but lands in Ferguson's guard and immediately has to defend against a triangle attempt. Ferguson switches to an omoplata, but Lee steps over the top and winds up in side control, driving knees into Ferguson's ribs. Ferguson reclaims guard with 90 seconds left, but Lee shucks the legs and moves to north-south position. Back to side control goes Lee, now to full mount with 30 seconds left. Lee postures up to unload with punches and elbows, but Ferguson uses his long legs to tangle up the top man. Lee gets in a few more punches before the horn, then an extremely late punch well after referee Dean gets between the fighters.

Sherdog Scores

Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Lee

Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Lee

Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Lee

so a flash knockdown, opponents flash knockdown (with more damage) then ankle diving, defending sub attempts, a bit of pillow hitting from top then a cheap dog shot after the bell is " beating the snot out of Ferguson and him being saved by the bell" is it? surprised it wasn't 10-7 by your standard m8

Edited by Oz'Canada

What you just posted said Ferguson was defending ground and pound from guard for over 90 seconds.

You truly are an idiot, and please stop trying to argue MMA with me.

• Like 1

Vick is a WCC but would rape Kevin at wccweight or WW

lol no.  Kevin Lee would throw Jim Hick all over the goddamn octagon, mount him, force him to give up his back and it's over in the 1st.

James should take a good look at his lead leg... it's never going to be the same again.  We'll all get a good laugh when he taps to leg kicks.

• Like 2

What you just posted said Ferguson was defending ground and pound from guard for over 90 seconds.

You truly are an idiot, and please stop trying to argue MMA with me.

no it didnt. read it again doofus

Watch the fight, moron.

i just posted the play by play from the most respected play by plays in the game and you're trying to say it's wrong. Maybe watch a Kevin fight while not jerking off for a change

Are you literally retarded? Lee knocked him down, slammed him to the floor, and ended the round pounding him out. If there was ten seconds more in the round, he would be champion as we speak.

Watch. A. Fight.

Are you literally retarded? Lee knocked him down, slammed him to the floor, and ended the round pounding him out. If there was ten seconds more in the round, he would be champion as we speak.

Watch. A. Fight.

did he?

Tony Ferguson vs. Kevin Lee

Round 1

The referee for tonight's main event is Herb Dean, with judges Derek Cleary, Chris Lee and Marcos Rosales scoring at cageside. Lee slaps the face of Ferguson with a left high kick, then backs up as "El Cucuy" returns fire with a low kick. Lee connects with a right hand now, but when he goes to throw it again, Ferguson kicks his plant leg out from under him. Ferguson picks off Lee with a short left hook counter when the "Motown Phenom" tries to come over the top with a right hand. Lee scores a flash knockdown with a right straight on the jaw, but when Ferguson gets up and Lee chases after him, Ferguson scores a knockdown of his own with a shot to the chin. Lee springs back to his feet, and now the frantic pace slows after both men taste heavy shots. Lee hits a bodylock takedown but lands in Ferguson's guard and immediately has to defend against a triangle attempt. Ferguson switches to an omoplata, but Lee steps over the top and winds up in side control, driving knees into Ferguson's ribs. Ferguson reclaims guard with 90 seconds left, but Lee shucks the legs and moves to north-south position. Back to side control goes Lee, now to full mount with 30 seconds left. Lee postures up to unload with punches and elbows, but Ferguson uses his long legs to tangle up the top man. Lee gets in a few more punches before the horn, then an extremely late punch well after referee Dean gets between the fighters.

Sherdog Scores

Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Lee

Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Lee

Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Lee

is EXACTLY what happened. Im not sure what's going on in your personal life to be that desperately angry about something so stupid, and being obviously wrong in the process, but you need to settle down a bit.