Sign in to follow this  
Bezerker101

Man steals plane and crashes after chase with fighter planes in Seattle

29-year-old suicidal man has stolen an Air Q400 airplane for a dramatic flight chased by fighter planes before crashing on an island near Seattle.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/man-steals-plane-and-crashes-after-chase-with-fighter-planes-in-seattle/news-story/e8488e9a3de92db21dbd48ff3cbfef03

29-year-old suicidal man stole an Air Q400 plane from Seattle’s international airport for a short, dramatic flight before crashing on a nearby island.

The local Pierce County Sheriff, Paul Pastor, confirmed via Twitter that the man — believed to be an employee of Horizon Airlines — was acting alone when he made the unauthorised flight and was chased by F15 fighter planes.

Caught on video, the chase ended when the 76-seater aircraft crashed on Ketron island, around 50km southwest of Seattle.

The stolen aircraft belonged to Alaska Airlines sister carrier Horizon.

One report said the man joked with traffic controllers during the short flight as F15s chased him that he was going to jail.

The Pierce County Sheriff’s Office said on Twitter the crash may have been caused by the mechanic “doing stunts in air or lack of flying skills.”

It said the F15 fighter planes “made it within a few minutes of theft of plane. Pilots kept plane out of harms way and people on ground safe.”

Our Air force is pretty formidable.

this kind of chit would only happen in canada

This dude was pulling some serious stunts, lol.  That loop, I didn't think a plane like that could do something like that. 

When I saw he didn't even have a pilot's licence I was like "goddamn, I need to play Flight Simulator".  

• Like 2

This dude was pulling some serious stunts, lol.  That loop, I didn't think a plane like that could do something like that. 

When I saw he didn't even have a pilot's licence I was like "goddamn, I need to play Flight Simulator".  

i'll bet he got his pilots license the Grand Theft Auto games.

• Like 1

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/seattle-plane-thief-said-he-had-trained-on-flight-simulator-did-not-plan-on-landing-2018-08-12

Russell quickly responded, “I don’t need that much help. I’ve played some videogames before.” At another point, he said, “I know how to put the landing gear down.” He then added, “I really wasn’t planning on landing it.”

Edited by PokesJones
  • Like 3

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/seattle-plane-thief-said-he-had-trained-on-flight-simulator-did-not-plan-on-landing-2018-08-12

Russell quickly responded, “I don’t need that much help. I’ve played some videogames before.” At another point, he said, “I know how to put the landing gear down.” He then added, “I really wasn’t planning on landing it.”

Lol the audio is fascinating

• Like 1