Sign in to follow this  
12er©

Can any of the forum bogans explain this to me?

https://www.newsweek.com/man-dies-after-mob-attacks-paramedics-trying-save-overdosing-drug-addict-1101294

Some junkie in Ausgaylia died on the street because an angry mob of 80 something bogans started attacking the paramedics. No reason as to why they would do that is given.

The article then explains that in the state of Victoria this happens often enough that they had to make a law that makes attacking paramedics a felony on par with murder and rape to try to prevent it from happening.

My first instinct was that they just wanted another junkie to die, but apparently after the paramedics barricaded themselves in the ambulance the bogan crowd was demanding a defibrillator so they could revive the guy themselves, so apparently, that wasn't it.

So, I guess my question is why the **** would angry mobs attack paramedics in your hick country?

• Like 2

All i know is this **** wouldnt happen in Canada

I would say the same about America but then I remember we have Detroit, Flint and Chicago.
  • Like 1

https://www.newsweek.com/man-dies-after-mob-attacks-paramedics-trying-save-overdosing-drug-addict-1101294

Some junkie in Ausgaylia died on the street because an angry mob of 80 something bogans started attacking the paramedics. No reason as to why they would do that is given.

The article then explains that in the state of Victoria this happens often enough that they had to make a law that makes attacking paramedics a felony on par with murder and rape to try to prevent it from happening.

My first instinct was that they just wanted another junkie to die, but apparently after the paramedics barricaded themselves in the ambulance the bogan crowd was demanding a defibrillator so they could revive the guy themselves, so apparently, that wasn't it.

So, I guess my question is why the **** would angry mobs attack paramedics in your hick country?

I just woke up to this chit and havent had enough time to look too deeply into the situation, most reports have been pretty vague, but an ex of mine worked for the ambulance services and paramedics get assaulted all the time, sometimes its drugs, mental illness, sometimes its just kunts. There are enclaves where certain groups of people may make treating people too dangerous. Im sure more info will come out about it today and it will probably be as ****ing stupid as it sounds
  • Like 3

Man, have you ever seen a bill after you ride in an ambulance?

I hope an angry mob forms on paramedics if anybody ever calls them for me. I'd rather die than pay that bill.

• Like 2

I hope an angry mob forms on paramedics if anybody ever calls them for me. I'd rather die than pay that bill.

What do they cost down there?

Depends on what they have to do inside of the ambulance itself when you're on the way to the hospital. But you're looking at some grands. Probably about five.

Catch a helicopter ride sometime, my Dad's Lifeflight lift was 64k to the closest hospital,,,,his end was 3k after insurance, if I remember correctly.

• Like 2

OK I read the article and there’s just no making sense of it. Gotta be druggies or something. It’s incredibly stupid.

80 drug addicts were in the immediate vicinity? 

****ing penal colonies, amirite m8?

• Like 4

8am indicates they had been up for at least 3 hours slamming some morning stubbies before they saw their mate being electrocuted by these uniformed terrorists with defibs and charged in to save the day

• Like 4

Catch a helicopter ride sometime, my Dad's Lifeflight lift was 64k to the closest hospital,,,,his end was 3k after insurance, if I remember correctly.

I can verify this as I absorbed the bill for a close relative, the helicopter paramedic said and I quote "it's a life & death situation, sign this" -

• Like 1

LOL, the state took my state income tax return for like 3 years to force me to pay off an ambulance bill.  I'll catch my ride from now on, thank you very much

• Like 2

80 drug addicts were in the immediate vicinity? 

**** penal colonies, amirite m8?

How else do you explain this BS. I noticed they specifically avoided stating what nationality the culprits were. A quick google search and riverwood is less then 40% australian born. Considering Sidney's gang problems etc here I'm finding it hard not to point my finger... 

• Like 3

callout fee in Oz maxes out at just under $1k and some states are free

literally nothing on mainstream news about this, I happened to run into friend of mine today who is a journo for The Australian which is the left leaning business minded broadsheet. She said that apparently it was in a Lebanese / Arab community and the patient was in anifeleptic shock followed by cardiac arrest. The two paramedics that arrived were both female and the parent and male guardians around them flipped tf out and didn't want their son worked on by female paramedics / doctors. The street is majority of this background and as it was school run time a lot of the attackers were already outside. Also important is the numbers reported in this article were vastly overexagerrated and it was more like 30 people yelling at the ambo's and 12 police called. No riot gear - just patrol cars. Two of the men there were doctors begging for the equipment to use themselves.

TL/DR version

Wasn't junkies. Some muslim bloke who was allergic to something came into contact with it and couldnt get his epipen. Whoever saw him freaked and called 000 - wimmen ambos came and Muslim community said GTFO im a doctoer gimme the paddles, ambos freaked at all the yelling and called the cops. Bloke died. Media blackout because of the extreme right already hating on Muslims in this country.

What a fking chitshow. These aholes need to grow the fook up and live in this timeline smh head

• Like 6

literally nothing on mainstream news about this, I happened to run into friend of mine today who is a journo for The Australian which is the left leaning business minded broadsheet. She said that apparently it was in a Lebanese / Arab community and the patient was in anifeleptic shock followed by cardiac arrest. The two paramedics that arrived were both female and the parent and male guardians around them flipped tf out and didn't want their son worked on by female paramedics / doctors. The street is majority of this background and as it was school run time a lot of the attackers were already outside. Also important is the numbers reported in this article were vastly overexagerrated and it was more like 30 people yelling at the ambo's and 12 police called. No riot gear - just patrol cars. Two of the men there were doctors begging for the equipment to use themselves.

TL/DR version

Wasn't junkies. Some muslim bloke who was allergic to something came into contact with it and couldnt get his epipen. Whoever saw him freaked and called 000 - wimmen ambos came and Muslim community said GTFO im a doctoer gimme the paddles, ambos freaked at all the yelling and called the cops. Bloke died. Media blackout because of the extreme right already hating on Muslims in this country.

What a fking chitshow. These aholes need to grow the fook up and live in this timeline smh head

Really? Man that is **** ridiculous, don't agree with hating on a community but that's just dumb prejudices they've carried over from there own countries.

Not meaning to sound like a **** but I would only send female ambulances till they get the point. Bet all that petty **** goes out the window once they've helped save a few lives and delivered a few babies.

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1

Sounds like you guys need a wall.

we have an ocean full of sharks stingrays and deadly jellyfish
  • Like 5

TL/DR version

Newsweek literally copied the Austrialians article word for word, I originally read their article on my phone at work.

So if your friend told you that then her paper is intentionally printing misinformation.

• Like 1

Newsweek literally copied the Austrialians article word for word, I originally read their article on my phone at work.

So if your friend told you that then her paper is intentionally printing misinformation.

you read the australians article online? its paid subscription only. How'd you get your hands on that? Also, well it is Newscorp, you know Rupert Murdoch? the guy that owns the majority of the world mainstream media? to say it wouldn't be the first time misinformation has been reported by them would be kind of an understatement.

edit - my bad they do have headlines on for free. Its been a while since i worked for NewsLTD. They werent the first to report this, it was a leak from a small independant rag with 450 facebook supporters. It seems to have gained traction over here now. Shes a senior writer over there and I trust her to not bs me

Edited by OzStraya

Too many Mexicans?

we have an ocean full of sharks stingrays and deadly jellyfish

giphy.gif
Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 2

TL/DR version

Anaphylactic

• Like 5

you read the australians article online? its paid subscription only. How'd you get your hands on that? Also, well it is Newscorp, you know Rupert Murdoch? the guy that owns the majority of the world mainstream media? to say it wouldn't be the first time misinformation has been reported by them would be kind of an understatement.

edit - my bad they do have headlines on for free. Its been a while since i worked for NewsLTD. They werent the first to report this, it was a leak from a small independant rag with 450 facebook supporters. It seems to have gained traction over here now. Shes a senior writer over there and I trust her to not bs me

It was available for free on my iphone news app. I was able to read the entire article, and then when I got home and was going to post it here the website was all ****ed up so I went with the newsweek article that was copy and pasted from them.

callout fee in Oz maxes out at just under $1k and some states are free

My mom had to use one about 6 ish months back. We were having dinner and she went into either some allergic reaction, or asthma attack. Got to a point she could barely breath.

That ride cost her I believe around 150. Then her insurance covered that so she was not out of pocket for anything.

TL/DR version

Idiots and their old school cultures. So the guy they wanted to live died because they are to stupid to let some broads save him, makes sense.

I read about some nurse, or paramedics, or possibly even female doctors at a Sumo competition in Japan going to help someone on the mat that was in distress, the referee wouldnt allow them to help because the rules state no females allowed on the mat.

The Sumo association came out later and apologized saying the rules are the rules, but these women should have been allowed to help considering. So at least they recognized that they were wrong.

Idiots and their old school cultures. So the guy they wanted to live died because they are to stupid to let some broads save him, makes sense.

I read about some nurse, or paramedics, or possibly even female doctors at a Sumo competition in Japan going to help someone on the mat that was in distress, the referee wouldnt allow them to help because the rules state no females allowed on the mat.

The Sumo association came out later and apologized saying the rules are the rules, but these women should have been allowed to help considering. So at least they recognized that they were wrong.

theres plenty of religious minorities that have stupid chit like refuding treatment bc god will save them, they're equally rediculous.

can any of my fellow fora members explain to me wtf a bogan is?

an Aussie redneck, to put it very simply.
  • Like 6

can any of my fellow fora members explain to me wtf a bogan is?

It's you if you ever move to Ausgaylia.

• Like 5

I've heard TC describe himself as a Bogan b4. I didn't really know what it meant at the time. 

Not sure if srs because he does kinda have that low brow sense of humor and strikes me as rugged i.e. competent & self reliant but not too worldly or proper. He seems much classier than a redneck & he's definitely not an ignorant idiot. So if he really is Bogan it's only the good parts. 

• Like 2

theres plenty of religious minorities that have stupid chit like refuding treatment bc god will save them, they're equally rediculous.

Religion as a hole is pretty stupid.

Theres plenty of great religious people, but they would be great people without the religion as well.

But all the backwards goat fu ckers, or boy raping, policy changing nutjobs can go **** themselves.

• Like 2

It's you if you ever move to Ausgaylia.

So that would mean its a corpse thats been poisoned by a level 99 spider, kicked apart into pieces by somebodies pet kangaroo, and then chewed up by a crocodile and left to rot only for a kookaburra to eat up the my remains and build a nest out of the hair under his old gum tree?

cause thats probably what would end up happening to me if i moved to australia

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

So basically its like a New Zealander who has sexual relations with his sheep.

• Like 1

I've heard TC describe himself as a Bogan b4. I didn't really know what it meant at the time. 

Not sure if srs because he does kinda have that low brow sense of humor and strikes me as rugged i.e. competent & self reliant but not too worldly or proper. He seems much classier than a redneck & he's definitely not an ignorant idiot. So if he really is Bogan it's only the good parts.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head m8, cheers cobba
  • Like 3

Don’t even lie you’d love it here m8

the land where everything will kill or eat you. the spiders are so big that they have health bars. and its the only place where you can get drunk off Fosters and box a kangaroo.

• Like 2

hence "to put it simply"

theres great pride in being a bogan. Most tradies for instance would be considered by the "upper class" (lel) to be bogans. It's effectively the white collars attempt at an insulting nickname for the blue collar worker.

• Like 1

I understand TC is an Aussie, and that he seems like a good guy. But I worked with a LOT of Australians and 100% of the time got the impression that the term bogan had no positive connotations. Was always used in a negative sense.

• Like 2