Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

'The Witcher:' Henry Cavill Cast as Geralt in New Netflix Series

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09/04/the-witcher-henry-cavill/

bosslogic.the_.witcher-600x841.jpg?x7096

Henry Cavill is making the jump from the DC Universe to the world of Witchers, Witches, and Trolls, as he will be the lead in Netflix's The Witcher (via Deadline).

Cavill will be playing the ever popular Geralt of Rivia, whom fans have gotten to know not only in the original novels, but also in the hit Witcher games. The series is based on the novels by Andrzej Sapkowski, and the Netflix series will be based more on the novels than on the game.

The series doesn't have any other official cast attached but will be directed and executive produced by Alik Sakharov, Alex Garcia Lopez, and Charlotte Brandstrom. Sapkowski will be a creative consultant on the series, and Sean Daniel, Jason Brown, Tomek Baginski, and Jarek Sawko will also be executive producing.

The story will revolve around Geralt, a monster hunter that ends up intertwined with a powerful sorceress and a young princess, one with a dangerous secret. The three will then end up on a journey together it seems, and will rely on their skillset as they make their way across the continent.

So what do you think of the casting?

• Like 2

He was great in MI:Fallout in cartoony macho way.

There's a Polish movie or series around, but apparently it's bad.

I think I should finally start playing the games...

• Like 1

Smh.

Too be fair though I probably would have disagreed with anyone they picked. I'm sure they will f*ck up Triss, Yen and Dandelion too.

Edited by America

hes a good actor and whilst he isnt the first actor that came to mind when casting for the witcher he is certainly good enough to pull it off. I just hope he has the gruff voice of geralt nailed

Edited by PunchBag

Bad casting and SJW. Add this to the many other video games that got fu*ked over horribly when they transfered to the big screen.

Bad casting and SJW. Add this to the many other video games that got fu*ked over horribly when they transfered to the big screen.

Agreed, all except super mario were complete ****

• Like 1

Given that GoT is just finished filming it makes sense but after what she said about it don't get your hopes up on her getting her gear off if she does get the role