Sign in to follow this  
bigdw35/Ufcfan_1

Mayans MC ( Sons of Anarchy Spin off)

Did anyone watch the first episode?  Thoughts?   I thought is was pretty good, Kurt started this one off pretty strong and paid some homage to the SOA. Really interested to see if this show takes off. 

• Like 1

SOA had an amazing supporting cast but the biggest reason the show was so great was because Jax was a fookin GOAT. Maybe the new guy can be good too but I dont know if he can even come close to Jax.

• Like 1

Might get round to it eventually I’m still super salty they didn’t do First 9 as the spin off.

You would have been going back even further in time so the bikes, crimes and motivations could all be very different.

• Like 1

Might get round to it eventually I’m still super salty they didn’t do First 9 as the spin off.

You would have been going back even further in time so the bikes, crimes and motivations could all be very different.

Saying he is doing it after this and it will be introduced during this season. 

• Like 1

SOA had an amazing supporting cast but the biggest reason the show was so great was because Jax was a fookin GOAT. Maybe the new guy can be good too but I dont know if he can even come close to Jax.

I agree, EZ has some potential.... I have a spoiler but will wait for jaybird to watch. 

• Like 1

Haven't watched it yet but looking forward to following it. Watched all of SoA when it was on and as someone said, a big part of its success was the great supporting cast. Hopefully Mayans can do the same, though I am concerned it might just seem too much like SoA.

• Like 1

Haven't watched it yet but looking forward to following it. Watched all of SoA when it was on and as someone said, a big part of its success was the great supporting cast. Hopefully Mayans can do the same, though I am concerned it might just seem too much like SoA.

I wont reveal plaything, but did not have the feels of SOA 

I forgot it was on last night until like half way through.

Thankfully I had it set up to record. Will probably watch it tonight.

• Like 1

I agree, EZ has some potential.... I have a spoiler but will wait for jaybird to watch. 

I can take it - let er rip - I'll stear clear of the thread until tomorrow.

as long as they dont chase a baby to Ireland for some incest for 3/4 of a season I'm down

• Like 4

as long as they dont chase a baby to Ireland for some incest for 3/4 of a season I'm down

that legit made me turn the show off
  • Like 1

I liked the Irish version of the intro :(  lol

• Like 1

First episode was good. Lots of different ways could’ve taken. I’m interested

How long did it take you to realize EZ was undercover, well an informant.  Before the meat locker meeting? 

How long did it take you to realize EZ was undercover, well an informant.  Before the meat locker meeting? 

it didn't take too long - from the jump, things seemed pretty suspicious - They may have overplayed the vetting of the prospect, which led to the early conclusion.

• Like 1

that legit made me turn the show off

these

jesus fking christ really?!?

yeah, the main guy was freaking out in a visitation room in prison and Peg was sitting at one of the other tables waiting for someone.
  • Like 1

yeah, the main guy was freaking out in a visitation room in prison and Peg was sitting at one of the other tables waiting for someone.

ugghhh i thought we were done with that bish

She was probably there to see Otto. Since that was 8 years earlier. 

Hopefully it's just a cameo

I believe that to be the case, there will be some flash backs of other SOA characters, but from what I have read nothing in real time besides Packer. 

i'm starting the first episode now, i'm not the greatest at geography but i know it's not like a 1 minute walk from california to get to mexico

Edited by AndyWang

Watched the third episode last night...

I'm still not thoroughly sold on the strength of the story.

Sons did a much better job selling characters.

• Like 1

Watched the third episode last night...

I'm still not thoroughly sold on the strength of the story.

Sons did a much better job selling characters.

I was thinking the same thing, not bad so far but not sure it will last. 

• Like 1