Sign in to follow this  
America

Dallas Cop is in some serious deep chit.

A police officer is on administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation into a fatal shooting Thursday night at an apartment complex south of downtown Dallas.

Just before 10 p.m., after finishing a full shift, the unnamed officer entered an apartment she mistakenly believed was her own at the South Side Flats at 1210 S. Lamar Street, according to a police news release.

Police said that “at some point,” she shot a 26-year-old man inside the apartment, then called police dispatch. Responding officers administered first aid and the man was transported to an area hospital and pronounced dead.

The officer was in full uniform at the time, police said.

The man was later identified as Botham Shem Jean, according to Harding University, where he graduated in 2016.

Dallas police are investigating jointly with the district attorney’s office, police said.

The apartments are two blocks from police headquarters.

On Friday morning, police did not immediately explain how the officer became confused as to which apartment was hers, or how she managed to get into the apartment.

They didn’t immediately say how long she was in the apartment before the shooting happened, or whether she knew Jean.

Jean is from Saint Lucia and according to the Christian Chronicle, he was active in church and often led the singing. Harding University is associated with the Churches of Christ.

Friends posted their memories of him on Twitter Friday morning.

“I always saw Botham around campus,” Amy Johnson said. “He always wanted to lead in chapel in whatever way he could. He was always so nice and so kind. He was definitely a light at Harding — one who I could never forget. Prayers for his family and friends.”

Jean was a member of the Good News Singers, a resident assistant, an intern for the Rock House campus ministry, and a leader in Sub T-16 men’s social club, the university said.

“At Lectureship one year, I asked him to lead singing one night. Because of the subject, there was a particular old hymn that I asked him if he would mind leading,” President Bruce McLarty said. “He didn’t say anything about not knowing the song, but he had never heard it before in his life. He came up that evening and was just smiling and excited about leading it. He told me he had never heard the song before, but that day, he called back to St. Lucia and asked his grandmother to teach him that old hymn on the phone. So he shared it with us at Lectureship that night, and it was a truly special moment.”

who the fook names their kid Botham?  im surprised he even survived grade school. the dude must have got melvins and swirlies galore.

Edited by -idyb-

who the fook names their kid Botham? im surprised he even survived grade school. the dude must have got melvins and swirlies galore.

Bubba and Nocake both probably will m8, its a cricket thing

• Like 1

Just to clarify, myself and nocake are not having a child together.

not due to the lack of trying obviously

• Like 4

Just to clarify, myself and nocake are not having a child together.

so you and nocake are gonna split custody, or do u just want little Botham on weekends?

• Like 2

Man I just saw they're only trying to get her for manslaughter? 

From what I understand she tried to use her key on this guy's door, he heard someone trying to get in and opened the door, so she shot him dead.  Manslaughter?????

The only thing more disgusting than that is an article I saw talking about how she was "an emotional wreck" after the shooting.  WHO GIVES A **** WHAT THIS **** IS FEELING?

• Like 5

From what I understand she tried to use her key on this guy's door, he heard someone trying to get in and opened the door, so she shot him dead. Manslaughter?????

The only thing more disgusting than that is an article I saw talking about how she was "an emotional wreck" after the shooting. WHO GIVES A **** WHAT THIS **** IS FEELING?

Smfh

• Like 1

please tell me youre not defending this ****

What? What the hell gave you the impression I was defending? I was smh at it just being manslaughter.

• Like 2

From what I understand she tried to use her key on this guy's door, he heard someone trying to get in and opened the door, so she shot him dead. Manslaughter?????

The only thing more disgusting than that is an article I saw talking about how she was "an emotional wreck" after the shooting. WHO GIVES A **** WHAT THIS **** IS FEELING?

These ****es don't even have real keys. They have key fobs. So she was likely being denied entry (because it's not her place, duh), and then started going ham on the handle. Guy probably opened it like "Daf*q?" and got shot.

That's murder if I do it. Should be murder for this pig too.

• Like 2

From what I understand she tried to use her key on this guy's door, he heard someone trying to get in and opened the door, so she shot him dead.  Manslaughter?????

The only thing more disgusting than that is an article I saw talking about how she was "an emotional wreck" after the shooting.  WHO GIVES A **** WHAT THIS **** IS FEELING?

Manslaughter would seem to be the proper charge I would think. Wasnt premeditated, wasnt in the heat of the moment like a fight broke out. If the story is true, and she thought she was defending her own home, while on the wrong side of the door, manslaughter seems to be what would stick.

Also realize, if it was her home, and this happened, many people would say she was in the right because the guy was in her house.

I want to know what the **** had her thinking it was her place. As a cop, you would think that surroundings would be something they pay attention to.

She will go away for a bit as she should. But how dumb was she that day.

Best part of this will be the guy who stiffed a few dinners on random women will probably serve more time in jail. Let that justice sink in for you.

I might put a sign on my door saying "Mr. Cop you do not live here" just in case I got any police officer living in my apartment community.

Thats some scary chit.

Dont you guys think btch was under some kind of influence ffs

• Like 1

I might put a sign on my door saying "Mr. Cop you do not live here" just in case I got any police officer living in my apartment community.

Thats some scary chit.

Dont you guys think btch was under some kind of influence ffs

Ehhh.. I've been staying in an AirBNB a few times, and gone to the wrong door in a large building, where the residents aren't allowed to decorate the halls. Tends to feel like a hotel sometimes.

However, my key fob or security code doesn't open the door, and I then realize I'm at the wrong door.

• Like 2

Manslaughter would seem to be the proper charge I would think. Wasnt premeditated, wasnt in the heat of the moment like a fight broke out. If the story is true, and she thought she was defending her own home, while on the wrong side of the door, manslaughter seems to be what would stick.

Also realize, if it was her home, and this happened, many people would say she was in the right because the guy was in her house.

I want to know what the **** had her thinking it was her place. As a cop, you would think that surroundings would be something they pay attention to.

Best part of this will be the guy who stiffed a few dinners on random women will probably serve more time in jail. Let that justice sink in for you.

Premeditated doesn't mean anything in this case, murder has multiple degrees.

• Like 1

I can see it being murder or manslaughter. I'm leaning both ways on this one. This one is tough. I wouldn't want to make the decision. I'm okay with either decision, but ****, this shouldn't happen.

I agree that if it wasn't a cop, the murder charge might more likely be applied. I think that a cop should be held to a higher standard, so in a more perfect world the cop would more likely be charged with murder. That's not reality, though.

• Like 1

Thats some scary chit.

It's a good reason to personalize your front doorway. (door mat, flower pot, "welcome to the dumb****s" sign... )

Ehhh.. I've been staying in an AirBNB a few times, and gone to the wrong door in a large building, where the residents aren't allowed to decorate the halls. Tends to feel like a hotel sometimes.

However, my key fob or security code doesn't open the door, and I then realize I'm at the wrong door.

I almost did that the other day. Then I saw a flower pot that wasn't there before, and I realized I was one unit off. good thing I didn't try the key or anything. Would have been embarassing. It was 3am after an 18 hour shift. I couldn't park in the back as all the spots were full, so I had to park out front which I was less familiar with.

And if there wasn't a flower pot, I think I would have tried the key.

Edited by TheGreatCatpiss
  • Like 1

2nd degree murder at least.  You're right that there is no premeditation but her action was a result of gross negligence.  

Like Cash said, it'd be murder if you or I did it.  

• Like 1

Yeah this сunt is only going to face manslaughter.  Her story is complete ****.  The way the case has been handled is complete ****.  

• Like 2

2 neighbors have stepped forward claiming to hear her beating on his door, and arguing going on...then shots. She had made complaints in the past about noise from his apartment, sounds like an ongoing beef.

The door wasn't open, she wasn't in the wrong place...she shot his **** dead, cold blood style,,,then pulled a Serena

• Like 3

Witnesses say she was banging on the door, yelling to me let in.  SHE claims the door was already ajar and it opened when she tried to put her keycard in.  She also has the nerve to say she "issued verbal commands".  

Not only was she at the wrong apartment, she was on the WRONG FLOOR. 

• Like 4

2 neighbors have stepped forward claiming to hear her beating on his door, and arguing going on...then shots. She had made complaints in the past about noise from his apartment, sounds like an ongoing beef.

The door wasn't open, she wasn't in the wrong place...she shot his **** dead, cold blood style,,,then pulled a Serena

oh damn, I didn't know about the noise complaints.  

• Like 2

Why do you bang on the door, if it's open ?....and yell "let me in", if it's fukn open ?...dumb **** lost her mind

• Like 3

It's CRAZY to me that it took them days to charge her.  A normal citizen wouldn't have even left the crime seen, except in handcuffs.  

• Like 3

I bet she was high on marijuana.

Nah bro, or it would have been like

"come on man, open the doooooor,,,,please I won't do it again, oooooh man,,,,damn, pleeeease !, I'm sorry man"

It's CRAZY to me that it took them days to charge her.  A normal citizen wouldn't have even left the crime seen, except in handcuffs.  

A cop, a white cop. a woman cop.....a white woman cop, with sad eyes :D

• Like 1

It's CRAZY to me that it took them days to charge her. A normal citizen wouldn't have even left the crime seen, except in handcuffs.

They charged her initially, but they handed over the investigation to the Rangers to ensure there is no bias.

The rangers held back on the charges till they got caught up to speed is my understanding.

That said, it does sound like there are many different accounts to the stories, and if the neighbors are telling the truth about her banging and yelling at the door, then premeditated does come into play and she could (and if guilty should) try for that.

• Like 2

Somalia is a safer place to live than America and their pirates have eye patches and hook hands instead of neckbeards and every season of Game of Thrones

dvd or blu-ray?

They charged her initially, but they handed over the investigation to the Rangers to ensure there is no bias.

The rangers held back on the charges till they got caught up to speed is my understanding.

That said, it does sound like there are many different accounts to the stories, and if the neighbors are telling the truth about her banging and yelling at the door, then premeditated does come into play and she could (and if guilty should) try for that.

I bet they were banging each other and the guy wanted to leave her or had dirt on her...and that's when she decided to go bat crazy. 

Heard this on Fighter and the Kid and have to be honest was pretty gob smacked at how dismissive Brian & Brendan were on this. Just saying stuff like it was an accident people make mistakes, pretty sure if she'd walked in and done this on a buddy or a family member it would a be a totally different reaction.

People making mistakes to people blowing holes in people is a pretty big jump.

And lets be honest anybody other that a cop used that defence they are going to jail lol.

Witnesses say she was banging on the door, yelling to me let in. SHE claims the door was already ajar and it opened when she tried to put her keycard in. She also has the nerve to say she "issued verbal commands".

Not only was she at the wrong apartment, she was on the WRONG FLOOR.

Trust me, in a building that size, she did NOT mistakenly go to the wrong floor. That's why I knew she was lying the minute I heard that. The media was making excuses for her, saying what I said previously about the floors all looking the same with the same layouts.

Well, the elevator has two separate buttons for 13 and 14. lol.. And she would have definitely known she was on the 14th floor.

• Like 2

Seen some people saying that this shooting was "the worst one yet".  

I dunno about all that.  The one with the drunk kid crying and begging for his life while complying with commands and then getting shot 2038509285098 times when he reached down to pull up his falling pants was pretty ****ing awful.  

• Like 2

This morning:

"Jean’s family also pointed out that it would have been incredibly unlikely for Guyger to mistake Jean’s apartment for her own as he had a distinct red door mat which would have been enough for the cop to know she was at the wrong place."

I have a feeling this was booty call gone bad

• Like 4

Shoot a guy in his own house over a bag of weed ?,,,,, GTFOH

I many states you CAN'T shoot an intruder in your own home, unless your life is in eminent danger...how can you justify shooting someone in their own home over a bag of weed ?.....lol fuuk

holyshit.jpg

• Like 2

So less than a half oz and you're getting blown away? Damn weed isn't even legal here and I wouldn't get in that much **** if I got caught.

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1

So less than a half oz and you're getting blown away? Damn weed isn't even legal here and I wouldn't get in that much **** if I got caught.

Nah one has nothing to do with the other.  The cop murdered the guy.  

• Like 4

Nah one has nothing to do with the other.  The cop murdered the guy.  

They're just trying to muddy the water with BS, no way dropping a guy stiff in his home over weed is going to fly in court...cop or no cop.

Hang the biitch or put her in a cell with Harvey Weinstein for 10 years.

• Like 2