Photo

Nicco Montano reacts to ‘uncalled for’ stripping of title and ‘egomaniac’ Valentina Shevchenko

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:03 AM

https://www.bjpenn.c...ina-shevchenko/

Capture6y-Cropped-696x399.jpg

The last two days have gone exactly the opposite of how Nicco Montano had planned that they would. And unfortunately, it was all out of her control.

After failing to make it to the scale and be hospitalized on weigh-in day, the inaugural UFC flyweight champion Montano’s scheduled title defence against top contender Valentina Shevchenko would be canceled.

Later that day after the ceremonial weigh-ins, we would find out that the UFC had stripped her of her title that she won through season 26 of The Ultimate Fighter in December

"I want to say thank you to all my continued supporters, unfortunately my first time ever missing weight means the loss of my title that I’ve worked my **** off for. And if you ask me is completely uncalled for, there have been plenty other fighters who have not been punished for a lot more, unfortunately I’m not one to be running my mouth so I don’t bring in the big bucks.

I had stopped sweating early, my kidneys shut down, and I had an imbalance of electrolytes, my sodium levels were way too high. When I got to the hospital the doctor had told me that it was the best idea, that if I had waited even 30min longer it could’ve led to cardiac issues. With that said I had no intention to drop out of the fight. I looked good at open workouts. There have been multiple occasions where athletes after the TUF show have been metabolically impaired. It take a little longer to allow yourself the time to bounce back to your proper weight. In my case it was that with the accusation of illness and injury.

I had asked for a fight in October knowing this and had some legit people on my side also asking on my behalf, however the matchmaker and whoever else only gave the September at to choose from. So with no other choice and with the internet backing a lying bully (Valentina), I was forced to accept the date or have the threat to get stripped anyway.

This was the only time I signed a contract the statements this egomaniac (Valentina) has said are completely false and nowhere near the truth. Her idea of the reality is so far fetched so the fact that she trained for me 3 times must mean a couple things, she’s obsessed with me and has too much time on her hands. Not only has she been disrespect and jealous of my efforts and accomplishments also blocking me first on Instagram during her first fight at 125, but the fact that she takes pride in kicking a person while their going through surgery and having their kidneys shut down truly demonstrates what a martial artist should not be!

I did everything I could to make weight in the amount of time offered to me, I had no choice but to. Luckily I have a documentary being made following this entire process and it will soon be available for everyone to witness themselves.

When you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place you stick up your dukes and get down to it and that’s precisely what I do and will continue to do.

The plan for now is to be able to live a healthy lifestyle for the longevity of my career and livelihood. Until I can confidently adapt my body and walk around at a lighter weight I will keep doing all that I can when it comes to making indigenous lives matter and will not be hushed in terms of the wrong doing that has been established, not only with my people but also with me.

Never have I experienced working with an opponent who is so heartless and disrespectful, you can absolutely guarantee I’m coming back to make my stamp and take back my belt."

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#2 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,560 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:25 AM

We need to put a limit on the amount of Nicco Montano threads.
  • pjbear05, Eclipse76, Bubba_Sparks and 11 others like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#3 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,906 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:42 AM

it's not all out of your control if you have a chitty camp that leaves you so desperate to make weight that you'll die from it. That's 100% in your control. This bish is tew much
  • DoomPatrol, Eclipse76, skillandpower and 3 others like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#4 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,906 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:42 AM

We need to put a limit on the amount of Nicco Montano threads.

also this
  • Eclipse76 and sobercuban like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#5 I_Take_Roids_m8

I_Take_Roids_m8

#1 DC fan since day #1

• Free
  • 9,016 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:51 AM

Just get rid of WMMA.
  • MoZZez, Druncle_Polo and -idyb- like this
Khabib bodies all your favorite fighters.
Daniel Cormier = P4P GOAT

#6 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:57 AM

Just get rid of WMMA.

Arguably best finish of the night came in a women's fight lol

• Eclipse76 and skillandpower like this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#7 I_Take_Roids_m8

I_Take_Roids_m8

#1 DC fan since day #1

• Free
  • 9,016 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:07 AM

So 1 fight out of 8,323 WMMA fights was entertaining and that's supposed to justify this chit?
  • Eclipse76, sobercuban, Druncle_Polo and 1 other like this

#8 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:09 AM

So 1 fight out of 8,323 WMMA fights was entertaining and that's supposed to justify this chit?

Not see Aldana vs. Pudilova either lol? That was fight of the night

• jaybird86 likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#9 I_Take_Roids_m8

I_Take_Roids_m8

#1 DC fan since day #1

• Free
  • 9,016 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:50 AM

You're fake news
  • Druncle_Polo and cashfl0w like this

#10 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:52 AM

You're fake news

Bonus awards

The following fighters received $50,000 bonuses:

• Fight of the Night: Irene Aldana vs. Lucie Pudilová
  • Performance of the Night: Tyron Woodley and Jéssica Andrade

Did you even watch the card?

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#11 I_Take_Roids_m8

I_Take_Roids_m8

#1 DC fan since day #1

• Free
  • 9,016 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:07 AM

Bonus awards
The following fighters received $50,000 bonuses:

• Fight of the Night: Irene Aldana vs. Lucie Pudilová
  • Performance of the Night: Tyron Woodley and Jéssica Andrade

Did you even watch the card?

What does me watching the card have to do with me saying that WMMA is garbage you idiot?

I've watched this chit longer than you've been alive and it's in the worst state it's ever been.

Just because some roided up tranny knocked out some idiot doesnt mean that "OMG WMMA IS AMAZING" fruit loop.
  • PATSTER, Druncle_Polo and PlatinumClegg like this

#12 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,560 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:08 AM

Geoff Neal is not a woman. lol

And we saw two kneebars from back mount on the same event. Andrade's finish wasn't even top three on the event. 

• pjbear05, Eclipse76, I_Take_Roids_m8 and 3 others like this

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png

amazin

#13 I_Take_Roids_m8

I_Take_Roids_m8

#1 DC fan since day #1

• Free
  • 9,016 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:13 AM

Geoff Neal is not a woman. lol

And we saw two kneebars from back mount on the same event. Andrade's finish wasn't even top three on the event.

Dude comes here and copies and pasted articles like some idiot and then wants to step upto me and question if I watch this chit? Lmfai
  • Eclipse76, PATSTER, cashfl0w and 2 others like this

#14 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,560 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:19 AM

I will give him that Pudilova vs. Aldana was worth watching, but your point about one fight in three million being worth my time still stands.

The sad part is that they hid the one watchable womens fight I can remember on the Fight Pass prelims. Nobody even saw it.
  • DoomPatrol, PATSTER, I_Take_Roids_m8 and 1 other like this

amazin

#15 Furiousmat

Furiousmat
  • Free
  • 4,242 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:24 AM

How many times in the past have champions defending their titles failed to make weight?

Hasn't happened that much at all. And if it did i would expect no less than them being stripped.

#16 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:00 AM

What does me watching the card have to do with me saying that WMMA is garbage you idiot?

I've watched this chit longer than you've been alive and it's in the worst state it's ever been.

Just because some roided up tranny knocked out some idiot doesnt mean that "OMG WMMA IS AMAZING" fruit loop.

You said I was fake news when I told you Aldana vs. Pudilova was FOTN and you were wrong lol, simple as that.

I can also tell you if are referring to simply the UFC your second statement is also wrong.

If you wish to discuss the legitimacy if WMMA should be in the UFC fine im happy to discuss that.

However if you do just say something that is just completely wrong about the card that just passed yeah im going to ask if you even watch this ****. You would have done the exact same if I had said Dodson was robbed or Kowalkiewicz was stopped prematurely. Don't get mad.

• Kookork likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#17 I_Take_Roids_m8

I_Take_Roids_m8

#1 DC fan since day #1

• Free
  • 9,016 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:15 AM

You said I was fake news when I told you Aldana vs. Pudilova was FOTN and you were wrong lol, simple as that.

I can also tell you if are referring to simply the UFC your second statement is also wrong.

If you wish to discuss the legitimacy if WMMA should be in the UFC fine im happy to discuss that.

However if you do just say something that is just completely wrong about the card that just passed yeah im going to ask if you even watch this ****. You would have done the exact same if I had said Dodson was robbed or Kowalkiewicz was stopped prematurely. Don't get mad.

Get a life kid. You're not going to lose your virginity for white knighting for WMMA. Take the **** hat off your head and do something productive with your life.
  • Eclipse76 and PlatinumClegg like this

#18 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:28 AM

Get a life kid. You're not going to lose your virginity for white knighting for WMMA. Take the **** hat off your head and do something productive with your life.

Yeah or just know the results and bonuses before comments next time lol.

Stay mad.

• Marble likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#19 I_Take_Roids_m8

I_Take_Roids_m8

#1 DC fan since day #1

• Free
  • 9,016 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:44 AM

Yeah or just know the results and bonuses before comments next time lol.

Stay mad.

Mad? Lol. You got triggered because I started that WMMA is a joke and started attacking me with "results". If anyone was mad, it was you snowflake, all because someone shot down your precious womens division.

Once again, your v-card wont be taken because of your white knighting. Save that chit for whatever fruity feminist rallies you goto on the weekends butterlips
  • PlatinumClegg likes this

#20 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:57 AM

Mad? Lol. You got triggered because I started that WMMA is a joke and started attacking me with "results". If anyone was mad, it was you snowflake, all because someone shot down your precious womens division.

Once again, your v-card wont be taken because of your white knighting. Save that chit for whatever fruity feminist rallies you goto on the weekends butterlips

I think the phrase you're looking for is "I told you facts". And im sorry after all this feminist white knight drivel you said to me you come away with that lol? That's some **** a feminist would say lol "I felt attacked because he told me the truth" do you need your own little forum safe space haha?

Yeah im mad that's why I chatted back and fourth with you calmly and every reply you shot back was full of insults and im mad haha its you who's clearly just mad I called you on not knowing the results and you very clearly didn't like it.

• Kookork likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#21 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:03 AM

Nicco on MMA hour right now

#22 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:08 AM

ITR v Jollidan...

After three rounds we go to the judges scorecards for a decision...

Vert scores 29-28 for ITR

Can we get three other posters to score this so we can get a decision?

• PATSTER and I_Take_Roids_m8 like this

#23 America

America
  • Free
  • 7,252 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:38 AM

I'm going with ITR. WMMA is trash unless the two wimmin fighting are hot.
  • I_Take_Roids_m8 likes this
34pz2qh.jpg

#24 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:39 AM

I'm going with ITR. WMMA is trash unless the two wimmin fighting are hot.

score please?

#25 DoomPatrol

DoomPatrol
  • Free
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:43 AM

Just how long did she have time to get ready for this fight? Sounds like she had to drop weight overnight, but surely that's not the case?

And where does she get that Shev-is-a-lying-cold-hearted-egomaniac thing?

#26 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:54 AM

Just how long did she have time to get ready for this fight? Sounds like she had to drop weight overnight, but surely that's not the case?

And where does she get that Shev-is-a-lying-cold-hearted-egomaniac thing?

The fight was announced like in mid July....she had at least a month and a half to prepare....from her interview she had no clue what she was doing. Looking at interviews there were no visible signs of weight cutting going on until like maybe the last night when she complained she had kidney failure (LOL).

She said today on mma hour that Valentina is afraid to fight her Lol

• DoomPatrol and I_Take_Roids_m8 like this

#27 DoomPatrol

DoomPatrol
  • Free
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:00 AM

A shame really. I liked her on TUF, she was scrappy.

#28 Bwana

Bwana
  • Free
  • 305 posts
  • LocationSW Pa.

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:24 AM

She said today on mma hour that Valentina is afraid to fight her Lol

Hahaha, Nicco would have died in the octagon.

• pjbear05 and Eclipse76 like this

#29 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,580 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

ITR v Jollidan...

ITR won 2 rounds but jolldan's was a 10-8.

28-28 for me. Helps if you read all jolldan's comments in a thick Glaswegian accent tbh.
  • Decompoze, skillandpower and VertFTW like this

#30 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:44 PM

ITR won 2 rounds but jolldan's was a 10-8.

28-28 for me. Helps if you read all jolldan's comments in a thick Glaswegian accent tbh.

hmmm so its a majority draw I think.

• Bubba_Sparks likes this

#31 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 12,989 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:47 PM

This bish is clearly delusional lol

• Decompoze likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#32 Kookork

Kookork
  • Free
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:42 PM

I don't know what fight between Jolldan and ITR you watched but I score the fight a solid 30-27 for Jolldan. He stayed calm and answered with solid facts while ITR just spewed pissed off comments and still he called Jolldan Mad?

In our neck of the woods it is a UD for Jolldan and a ascend to top 15 right away.

Edited by Kookork, 10 September 2018 - 01:45 PM.

• VertFTW and Marble like this

#33 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 12,989 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:51 PM

I see ITR vs Jolldan as a clearly draw.

They are both da bess .. they should shake hands and do it again soon.

• Decompoze and Bubba_Sparks like this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#34 Kookork

Kookork
  • Free
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:54 PM

I wish UFC does the same to every champ that has too much issue to fight either weight cut issues or tonsillectomy or kidney shot down.She stretched her championship time long enough without defending it.

Navajo People can say they had a UFC champion .Mission accomplished. I give her TUF performance credit. 

• Bubba_Sparks and skillandpower like this

#35 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:52 PM

Marc RaimondiVerified account @marc_raimondi

Nicco Montaño said she checked in for fight week at 144 pounds. That’s 15.2% above the weight class. UFC’s guidelines ask fighters to be within 8% on check-in day. That should have been a red flag immediately.

• skillandpower likes this

#36 PATSTER

PATSTER

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ ᕗ

• Free
  • 21,712 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:44 AM

ITR v Jollidan...

29-28 Roids
  • Eclipse76 and carnages like this

"Harley Davidson changed my life." - Dana White, 2015

photo-thumb-406774.jpg?_r=1533751392photo-thumb-406774.jpg?_r=1533751392photo-thumb-406774.jpg?_r=1533751392photo-thumb-406774.jpg?_r=1533751392photo-thumb-406774.jpg?_r=1533751392photo-thumb-406774.jpg?_r=1533751392

#37 f00kin

f00kin
  • Free
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:26 PM

Sucks tew suck

#38 PlatinumClegg

PlatinumClegg

Somebody might die!

• Free
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:31 PM

Roids BODIED that can 30-25

• Eclipse76 and I_Take_Roids_m8 like this

LikableLittleGuernseycow-max-1mb.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before

#39 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:48 PM

Roids BODIED that can 30-25

you are the Adalaide Byrd of judging on this board bro

• PlatinumClegg likes this

#40 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,560 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:56 PM

you are the Adalaide Byrd of judging on this board bro

No, that's PunchCan and Oz. Neither of them know how to score a fight.
  • PlatinumClegg and VertFTW like this

amazin

#41 Druncle_Polo

Druncle_Polo

8/8

• Free
  • 27,282 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:14 AM

Who tf is Nicco Montano?

Edited by Druncle_Polo, 12 September 2018 - 10:14 AM.

• Decompoze and Eclipse76 like this

410686994.jpg

#42 pjbear05

pjbear05
  • Free
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOn the train to Bangkok

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:11 PM

DC and KenFlo sure chopped her up on UFC Tonight.

Edited by pjbear05, 12 September 2018 - 09:11 PM.

"Can't help about the shape I'm in,

I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.

But don't ask me what I think of you,

I might not give the answer that you want me to."