Photo

Evan Dunham “dealing with collections” after UFC fails to pay post-fight ambulance bill

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:36 AM

https://www.bjpenn.c...ambulance-bill/

Evan-Dunham-696x399.pngAfter his rousing draw with Beneil Dariush, which occurred at UFC 216 in October of 2017, Evan Dunham was sent to the hospital by ring-side physicians. Though Dunham absorbed considerable damage in this fight, he didn’t actually want to board an ambulance, as he’d  had a very hard time getting the UFC to cover the ambulance bill after his 2013 scrap with Gleison Tibau.

All the same, Evan Dunham heeded the advice of the UFC’s doctors, and boarded an ambulance to the hospital, keen to make sure he didn’t sustain any serious damage in his fight with Dariush. Two fights later, he’s now “dealing with collections” as the UFC has still failed to pay his ambulance bill for that fight.

"Dealing with collections right now,” Dunham said in his first Tweet on the matter. “UFC never paid my ambulance bill from two fights ago. Even though I sent the bill in multiple times to whoever is supposed to be handling it.”

“Funny thing is that I didn’t want to go in the ambulance in the first place,” he added in a second Tweet, touching on the lesson he learned after his fight with Tibau. “Because it took them so long to pay the bill from the Tibau fight, but they insisted. One more fight and I am done.”

Sad treatment of a guy who will be entering his twentieth UFC fight next time, I know he's not a champ or anything but doesn't sound like the best treatment of a long time company man.

• Yerbo, Kookork and Teemu like this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#2 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 12,989 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:56 AM

1456422222804.png

• Decompoze, King_Can!, carnages and 3 others like this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#3 Bwana

Bwana
  • Free
  • 305 posts
  • LocationSW Pa.

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:16 AM

Pay the bill out of those bs Fight Club fees

Mike_Tyson_****_pic.jpg

• Decompoze, King_Can!, Teemu and 4 others like this

#4 carnages

carnages

Fall

• Free
  • 54,266 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:25 PM

2dj3ymp.jpg

• Eclipse76, King_Can!, Teemu and 1 other like this

Prediction Tournament XVI Champion

Gamblers Prediction League Season 4 Champion

Last one to post Champion

UFC Forum Fight Camp Champion

UFC Predictions Tournament 5 - unofficial Champion

PSN - DrPaul

#5 Bwana

Bwana
  • Free
  • 305 posts
  • LocationSW Pa.

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:33 PM

2dj3ymp.jpg

Melvin mauled him like a random drunk in a bar.

• carnages and Teemu like this

#6 PlatinumClegg

PlatinumClegg

Somebody might die!

• Free
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:46 PM

Melvin mauled him like a random drunk in a bar.

Those are the only fights he can win.  It's like he's trying to set a record for most knockout losses in a row.

• Bwana likes this

LikableLittleGuernseycow-max-1mb.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before

#7 Bwana

Bwana
  • Free
  • 305 posts
  • LocationSW Pa.

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:01 PM

Those are the only fights he can win.  It's like he's trying to set a record for most knockout losses in a row.

I just saw him on Bellator I think, he got cracked...haven't seen him win in years. Always seemed to have speed and talent, but his fight strategy sucks.

#8 PlatinumClegg

PlatinumClegg

Somebody might die!

• Free
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:08 PM

I just saw him on Bellator I think, he got cracked...haven't seen him win in years. Always seemed to have speed and talent, but his fight strategy sucks.

All he does is miss weight and lose... literally.  He just got knocked out by a 40 year old Takanori Gomi who was riding a 6 fight losing streak himself.

• Bwana likes this

LikableLittleGuernseycow-max-1mb.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before

#9 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 21,666 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:29 PM

I would think Dunham has his own personal ambulance on stand-by by now,

• King_Can! and skillandpower like this

#10 Teemu

Teemu
  • Free
  • 8,676 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:08 PM

All he does is miss weight and lose... literally.  He just got knocked out by a 40 year old Takanori Gomi who was riding a 6 fight losing streak himself.

Gomi is a legend tho and was only on a 6 fight losing streeak cause no one would just stand and trade with him. Melvin stood and traded like a real man and paid the price.

Edited by Teemu, 11 September 2018 - 11:08 PM.

• Eclipse76 and carnages like this

Teemu just made Ignition grab the comb.

Teemu and I regularly play poker together, you've never had the honor of playing with the great one, now **** off you casual.

BLgAINK.png

#11 the_vagenius

the_vagenius
  • Free
  • 898 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:21 PM

Talent or no talent, if anyone else got hurt at any other place of employment and required an ambulance, workplace covers that even if you fail drug test and get fired, so why wouldn't ufc.....
  • Bezerker101 and skillandpower like this

#12 CanPass

CanPass
  • Free
  • 8,454 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:27 PM

Not inside a bar he is undefeated.

#13 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 14,316 posts
  • Location💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐GSP's #1 Fan ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🏒🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:19 PM

Teemu was loving every minute of that fight

Edited by -idyb-, 14 September 2018 - 11:21 PM.

• Teemu likes this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping.

#14 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:59 AM

Talent or no talent, if anyone else got hurt at any other place of employment and required an ambulance, workplace covers that even if you fail drug test and get fired, so why wouldn't ufc.....

Because they are not employees?
If I'm at work and get hurt, the general contractor is not on the hook to pay the ambulance, nor would a homeowner.

I'm contracted to do x,y,z and they pay me a sum for it.

Not saying it's not in his contract that they do pay, but just because he fights under their banner doesn't mean he gets the perks of a regular Joe blow employee.

#15 the_vagenius

the_vagenius
  • Free
  • 898 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:58 PM

Because they are not employees?
If I'm at work and get hurt, the general contractor is not on the hook to pay the ambulance, nor would a homeowner.

I'm contracted to do x,y,z and they pay me a sum for it.

Not saying it's not in his contract that they do pay, but just because he fights under their banner doesn't mean he gets the perks of a regular Joe blow employee.

Well I actually am a general contractor and everyone on my payroll is covered when on my site receiving a company check from me.
I get the whole independent sub and what not, but ufc fighters are signed exclusively to work(fight) only for the ufc, therefore they are not subs but rather employees under contract, thus why they want a union or something similar. The ufc has it worded to where they are bending the laws from the exclusivity of fighters fighting outside ufc all the way to medical coverage and even to a 1099 independent contractor filing status its all corkscrewing the laws of the land, the only thing making it possible is its hq in nevada allowing them to fall under right to work laws
  • pjbear05 likes this

#16 CanPass

CanPass
  • Free
  • 8,454 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:28 PM

So if you die in the octagon the UFC will not pay your funeral expenses?

That's nice to know.

#17 pjbear05

pjbear05
  • Free
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOn the train to Bangkok

Posted Yesterday, 05:40 AM

Well I actually am a general contractor and everyone on my payroll is covered when on my site receiving a company check from me.

Good for you,m8! The IRS has a field day with GC's running afoul of that chit.

"Can't help about the shape I'm in,

I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.

But don't ask me what I think of you,

I might not give the answer that you want me to."

#18 I_Take_Roids_m8

I_Take_Roids_m8

#1 DC fan since day #1

• Free
  • 9,016 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted Yesterday, 07:17 AM

Get a real job.
  • Eclipse76 and cashfl0w like this
Khabib bodies all your favorite fighters.
Daniel Cormier = P4P GOAT

#19 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,560 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:30 AM

Get a real job.

He'll be in Bellator getting brain damage after he nearly dies again on Saturday.
  • I_Take_Roids_m8 likes this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#20 Bwana

Bwana
  • Free
  • 305 posts
  • LocationSW Pa.

Posted Yesterday, 01:20 PM

I get the whole independent sub and what not, but ufc fighters are signed exclusively to work(fight) only for the ufc, therefore they are not subs but rather employees under contract, thus why they want a union or something similar. The ufc has it worded to where they are bending the laws from the exclusivity of fighters fighting outside ufc all the way to medical coverage and even to a 1099 independent contractor filing status its all corkscrewing the laws of the land, the only thing making it possible is its hq in nevada allowing them to fall under right to work laws

As a General Contractor you should already know, that sub's are hired under the General's contract...but carry their own health insurance and liability. Generals oversee sub's work and deadlines, the UFC contract with sub fighters is no different.

#21 the_vagenius

the_vagenius
  • Free
  • 898 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:02 PM

I get all that, I was saying anyone receiving a check from me is covered while on my site,i know subs carry their own, but if my guy gets injured outside of my site hes not covered by me. I'm saying that the ufc has it worded so they get the best of both situations, they get all the perks of being an employer (pay scale no bids,exclusivity,dates ect)and all the perks of hiring subs (no liability, insurance, guarantees on anything) they are bending the system