Photo

Jose Aldo hoping to fight on UFC 231, was offered Donald Cerrone at UFC Sao Paulo

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:02 AM

https://www.bjpenn.c...-ufc-sao-paulo/

jose-aldo-ufc-194-weigh-in-Cropped-696x3

The legend of Jose Aldo may only be on the verge of reaching greater heights. After an ultra-impressive win over Jeremy Stephens, it’s onto what’s next.

The former longtime featherweight king and consensus greatest 145er to ever compete, Aldo has essentially done all there is to do in the weight class that he’s found all of his success in. So is it time to test new waters…?

It seems that that may be the case as when speaking with Brazilian media recently (via MMAFighting), Aldo claimed he has no more interest in fighting at featherweight unless it’s for the title. Which means facing Brian Ortega or a third bout with Max Holloway.

“Right after the fight [with Stephens], Dana [White] talked about the big possibility of fighting on December 8, in Canada again.

I’ve had already asked for that fight, I said I wanted to be on that event. I really enjoyed fighting in Canada, where I made my UFC debut, and I hope to fight there again. It’s up to [Andre] ‘Dede’ [Pederneiras] now, he’s looking into that and talking to the Dana and [UFC matchmaker] Sean [Shelby] to get my next fight done.

[Anthony] Pettis was a request from fans, I got many messages saying he would be a great fight for me next. They also asked me to fight in Sao Paulo, but there was not enough time to get it done at lightweight. They even put me to fight [Donald] Cerrone, but it wasn’t done. I’m waiting for ‘Dede’ now, talking to him, and when he finds a good name and they agree to it, we’ll fight.”

Aldo continued on about the possibility of fighting Cerrone at the upcoming UFC Sao Paulo event.

“The UFC [offered it]. When Glover [Teixeira] pulled out and they had no main event, they asked if there was a possibility for me to fight. We accepted, depending on the opponent, and they offered Cerrone right after, and he had already agreed, and ‘Dede’ didn’t think it would be good because there wasn’t enough time. We needed some time to rest before we started another camp again, so it didn’t happen. But now we’re waiting for ‘Dede’ to talk to them again so we know who we’re fighting.

It was actually funny. Sean called ‘Dede’ talking about the fight, and ‘Dede’ asked who would be the opponent, and they called back moments after offering Cerrone. It would be 155 for sure, right? No way it’s 170, it’s too heavy. But it was tough because we didn’t have enough time to prepare, especially against Cerrone, a very tough guy, someone who fights hard in his losses, so there was no possibility. Maybe the possibility of fighting in Brazil got me overexcited, I said it was possible, but thinking clearly there was no way we could fight, especially someone like Cerrone. I have to be very well trained to fight him.”

Do you like the idea of Aldo vs. Cowboy?

Who do you think wins?

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#2 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,906 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:06 AM

cowboy is a WW now what division would the fight be set? Id LOVE to see Aldo at 155
  • skillandpower, Jolldan and f00kin like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#3 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:16 AM

cowboy is a WW now what division would the fight be set? Id LOVE to see Aldo at 155

Yeah I think that's what he's saying. I could be wrong but pretty sure I even heard Cerrone say he wants to go back to 155 after the Perry fight.

• skillandpower likes this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#4 JSW

JSW
  • Ultimate
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:42 AM

Aldo would body Cerrone. We all love Cowboy but he’s not a top top guy.

Some great fights for him at lightweight. Pettis, Poirier, Gaethje or even Conor if he loses to Khabib. He knows it what’s next being 0-2 to Max.

Edited by JSW, 12 September 2018 - 12:42 AM.

#5 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:27 AM

Aldo would brootalize Kevin too. Send him up

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#6 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,561 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:49 AM

Aldo still has a concussion from the Stephens fight. lol
  • sobercuban and jaybird86 like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#7 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 21,667 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:25 AM

no interest in Cerrone or this senior league chit -

#8 Decompoze

Decompoze
  • Free
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:11 AM

Aldo would be a pretty small lightweight. Could be some good match ups against some other small lightweights but all the bigger top competition would just walk through his shots.

• Kookork likes this

Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb...they refuse, they cling to the realm or gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

#9 Druncle_Polo

Druncle_Polo

8/8

• Free
  • 27,282 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:34 AM

Aldo would brootalize Kevin too. Send him up

LoL You are literally a bad takes machine.

• cashfl0w and PlatinumClegg like this

410686994.jpg

#10 Kookork

Kookork
  • Free
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:58 AM

somehow with one win over Jeremy Stephens Aldo thinks he is a superman.

• sobercuban and skillandpower like this

#11 PATSTER

PATSTER

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ ᕗ

• Free
  • 21,712 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:25 AM

Cowboy would get destroyed
  • Eclipse76, carnages, PlatinumClegg and 1 other like this

"Harley Davidson changed my life." - Dana White, 2015

photo-thumb-406774.jpg?_r=1533751392photo-thumb-406774.jpg?_r=1533751392photo-thumb-406774.jpg?_r=1533751392photo-thumb-406774.jpg?_r=1533751392photo-thumb-406774.jpg?_r=1533751392photo-thumb-406774.jpg?_r=1533751392

#12 stehilton94

stehilton94
  • Free
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:42 AM

Aldo vs Justin, id watch that

• skillandpower and f00kin like this

#13 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 12,989 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:47 PM

somehow with one win over Jeremy Stephens Aldo thinks he is a superman.

Aldo is a question mark right now m8. Gotta give him some credit and respect.

His loses were against Conor and Holloway. One turned out to be a multi division champ and the other one is a huge FW who might not be able to even cut 145 anymore (WCC but Im not saying Holloway is any joke either).

He came to fight and bang against a real killer like Jeremy. Ate some shot and managed to get a TKO. Please give the guy a break.

I still believe, after the Jeremy fight. Holloway is that guy who got his number (every fighter has that guy who got his number) and the Conor fight is up for debate imo.

• Kookork likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#14 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 12,989 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:48 PM

I really would like to see Aldo fighting Ortega tho.

PS. Moicano beats Aldo and Ortega at this moment

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#15 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:49 PM

LoL You are literally a bad takes machine.

Who would win, prime Edgar or Kevin Lee?

actually, just Edgar. Today even

Edited by OzStraya, 12 September 2018 - 12:49 PM.

v4MjFdj.png

#16 JSW

JSW
  • Ultimate
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:36 PM

I really would like to see Aldo fighting Ortega tho.

PS. Moicano beats Aldo and Ortega at this moment

Still think Ortega edges it. He stood in front of Edgar and knocked him out. And he tapped Renato.
  • Bwana likes this

#17 TheBigD

TheBigD
  • Free
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:31 AM

Aldo v Dominic Cruz would be the best fight ever.

#18 Kookork

Kookork
  • Free
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:46 AM

Aldo is a question mark right now m8. Gotta give him some credit and respect.

His loses were against Conor and Holloway. One turned out to be a multi division champ and the other one is a huge FW who might not be able to even cut 145 anymore (WCC but Im not saying Holloway is any joke either).

He came to fight and bang against a real killer like Jeremy. Ate some shot and managed to get a TKO. Please give the guy a break.

I still believe, after the Jeremy fight. Holloway is that guy who got his number (every fighter has that guy who got his number) and the Conor fight is up for debate imo.

I am not really questioning Aldo. I am questioning Aldo thinking he has a chance against a big 155 like Cowboy. 

#19 America

America
  • Free
  • 7,252 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:49 PM

Like both fighters but Cowboy sends him back to 145 with ease.
34pz2qh.jpg

#20 GoToGuy

GoToGuy
  • Free
  • 6,926 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:50 PM

lol, no.

• carnages, PlatinumClegg and f00kin like this

#21 PlatinumClegg

PlatinumClegg

Somebody might die!

• Free
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:04 PM

Aldo would body Cerrone. We all love Cowboy but he’s not a top top guy.

Some great fights for him at lightweight. Pettis, Poirier, Gaethje or even Conor if he loses to Khabib. He knows it what’s next being 0-2 to Max.

Max gets stripped of his title December 8th when he's hospitalized for water loading.  Little Frank steps and serves Ortega the hands which puts Jose right back in the mix.

• carnages likes this

LikableLittleGuernseycow-max-1mb.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before

#22 Bwana

Bwana
  • Free
  • 305 posts
  • LocationSW Pa.

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:46 PM

Aldo breaks Cowboy's legs with kicks, then busts a liver shot for the highlight films....he's too fast for Cowboy

• carnages and PlatinumClegg like this

#23 PlatinumClegg

PlatinumClegg

Somebody might die!

• Free
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:53 PM

Aldo breaks Cowboy's legs with kicks, then busts a liver shot for the highlight films....he's too fast for Cowboy

He'll never get the chance.  Plank has earned that beautiful death and Mike Perry is gonna give it to him.  Jorge and Darren softened up that chin and now Granny Cerrone has to witness the death of her entitled grandson.

• carnages, f00kin and Bwana like this

LikableLittleGuernseycow-max-1mb.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before

#24 Bwana

Bwana
  • Free
  • 305 posts
  • LocationSW Pa.

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:56 PM

Granny Cerrone has to witness the death of her entitled grandson.

:D

#25 carnages

carnages

Fall

• Free
  • 54,266 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:57 PM

Every fighter wants that EASY Cerrone payday, mainly because randoms like you think he is good lmao

• PlatinumClegg likes this

Prediction Tournament XVI Champion

Gamblers Prediction League Season 4 Champion

Last one to post Champion

UFC Forum Fight Camp Champion

UFC Predictions Tournament 5 - unofficial Champion

PSN - DrPaul

#26 Bwana

Bwana
  • Free
  • 305 posts
  • LocationSW Pa.

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:59 PM

I've always been a fan of Cowboy, but after listening to his long **** rendition of almost dying in a cave...I lost all respect for him. If he would have taken that cowboy hat off, he could have seen which way to go to the surface.