Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Tatiana Suarez confident she can beat Rose Namajunas more decisively than she just beat Carla Esparza

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/tatiana-suarez/tatiana-suarez-confident-she-can-beat-rose-namajunas-more-decisively-than-she-just-beat-carla-esparza/

Tatiana-Suarez-696x399.png

Tatiana Suarez is now just a few short steps away from a title fight with UFC strawweight champion Rose Namajunas. And while she might have to take another fight in the meantime, she feels she’s more than capable dispatching Namajunas when they inevitably share the cage. In fact, she believes she can thump Namajunas even more decisively than she just beat Carla Esparza. Esparza, after all, is a wrestler, and Suarez soundly out-wrestled her. Namajunas, meanwhile, is not a wrestler.

“I think I’ll do the same thing I did to Esparza, I’ll do the same thing to Rose,” Tatiana Suarez told the Top Turtle MMA Podcast on FloCombat. “It actually might be worse because Rose isn’t nearly as good of a wrestler as Esparza. She’s longer, but that’s about it.”

“We saw what Esparza did to Rose,” she added. “And I think I’m the best wrestler in the division.”

Tatiana Suarez also compared her own skills to those of other top strawweight contenders like Jessica Andrade and Claudia Gadelha. While she considers her rivals dangerous, she believes her wrestling makes her even better than they are.

“I think [people in my division] know how to shoot, they’re powerful—like Claudia [Gadelha] and [Jessica] Andrade,” she said. “There’s a difference between knowing how to shoot and actually knowing how to wrestle. I know how to wrestle.”

“I know second, third, fourth, chain wrestling—chain wrestling and scrambling—that’s what I’m known for,” Suarez said. “Even when they think they’re going to get out, they’re not.”

Who do you thinks wins in a potential fight with Rose vs. Tatiana?

Obvious stab at a title shot is obvious.

Obviously its obvious. But just how obvious is obviously the question to ask?

giphy.gif

I don't think anyone would say she wouldn't beat Rose, if you watched the first Episode of TUF that Suarez was on you knew she was going to be holding that belt in the future 

• Like 1

I don't think anyone would say she wouldn't beat Rose, if you watched the first Episode of TUF that Suarez was on you knew she was going to be holding that belt in the future 

She's a beast and it looks like her head is made of granite, break a few hands on that grande cabeza of hers . One of the few woman I can tolerate watching.

Chit getting competitive in that Strawweight division.

Moai-At-Quarry-Easter-Island-Statue-Pict

Edited by Marble
  • Like 3

She would murder Rose. But she'll have to wait, cause Andrade is getting next shot at Thug. Perhaps beat the chit out of Joanna Non Champion as a tune up.

Edited by pjbear05

I just hope Rose's living room is big enough to hold an Octagon, Tatiana will beat her so bloody Rose never leaves the house again.

• Like 1

Rose is terrible. Andrade will crush her, and then she'll defend against Suarez.

Bet money if Rose goes out and loses the title there she'll file that lawsuit she's been prepping for against Conor

• Like 5

How hard would it be to beat Rose.

Get yourself wheeled to cageside on a dolly, and wear a McGinger mask at the staredowns.

She will be crying in a ball before the cage door is even closed.

• Like 3

People forget she beat JJ's a$$ less than 24 hours after it happened. Evidently being traumatized doesn't hurt her ability to run through these cans.

People forget she beat JJ's a$$ less than 24 hours after it happened. Evidently being traumatized doesn't hurt her ability to run through these cans.

Andrade is on the Dos Nachos undetectables now.  If she doesn't clean KO Pedo Pat's little boy toy she will slam her on her dome and run fists and elbows down until Rose taps to strikes.

Roided Andrade is just too powerful.

I see a 'triangle' on that division .. some sort of vicious cycle where Andrade beats Rose, JJ beats Andrade then Rose beats JJ ...

Rose got JJ's number and maybe showed Andrade who to do beat JJ

Rose beats jj all the time.

Andrade struggles but beats rose and jj.

Suarez gets that chin checked by all if she dont land early takedowns.

Suarez vs andrade for title is the fight.