Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Antonio Carlos Junior out of UFC 231 fight against Elias Theodorou

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/antonio-carlos-junior/antonio-carlos-junior-out-of-ufc-231-fight-against-elias-theodorou/

usa_today_9778003.0.jpg

Antonio Carlos Junior and Elias Theodorou were supposed to fight on Sept. 22 in Brazil, but Carlos Junior had to pull out due to injury. However, the fight was quickly rescheduled for UFC 231 on December 8, this time in Theodorou’s hometown of Toronto.

Even with the fight being pushed back almost four months it still wasn’t enough time for Carlos Junior. The injury he sustained was more severe than he originally thought as he tweeted at Theodorou that he will be out of their matchup on Dec. 8 for UFC 231.

Hey @EliasTheodorou Really sorry man! The injury I had is a little more serious then I thought. I’ll need a surgery, so won’t be able to fight Dec 8th. Pity, I was going to give you a bjj lesson, and not hurt you cause your cool!!! @Alexdavismma” – Antonio Carlos Junior on Twitter

Theodorou will be waiting to see if he will remain on the card, and if so who his next opponent will be.