Sign in to follow this  
Bubba_Sparks

Best Biographical MMA film

Hypothetically... if they made a film largely based on a current or recent fighter's life, who do you think would make for a compelling watch and why?

Bisping claiming the title late in life would be pretty cool. Big Nog going from getting run over by a bus to taking the HW title from a GIANT would be pretty cool. And love him or hate him, Conor's rise from welfare to multi - million pound fights with Mayweather could make for a good film.

One about the Diaz bros could be cool too.

Bonus question... who would play the lead? I look forward to reading the creative insights of the fora's many erudite posters.

Hypothetically... if they made a film largely based on a current or recent fighter's life, who do you think would make for a compelling watch and why?

Bisping claiming the title late in life would be pretty cool. Big Nog going from getting run over by a bus to taking the HW title from a GIANT would be pretty cool. And love him or hate him, Conor's rise from welfare to multi - million pound fights with Mayweather could make for a good film.

One about the Diaz bros could be cool too.

Bonus question... who would play the lead? I look forward to reading the creative insights of the fora's many erudite posters.

I think a joint film with Chuck and Tito, their starts, through the fights, to their current placements.

Who to play them I would have no idea. 

• Like 1

I choose Bisping as well but as the protagonist antagonist in Jorge Rivera's movie. Family dealt with a lot of racism. Car jacker/criminal turned top 10 fighter. Has been cut and come back to the UFC more than any fighter. Ironically even featured on the season of The Comeback on TUF. Was facing retirement after his daughter died and came back at nearly 40 years old to win 3 in a row including over a former title contender, culminating in a presumed #1 contender fight against Bisping where even after he took a blatant illegal knee while downed, he nearly came back to win scoring a knock down. Lost. Came back in his retirement fight to lose the first round and came back to finish by KO in the 2nd. Carried out on shoulders as the crowd cheered his name. It's just SJW enough that Hollywood would green light it. 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 1

Bispings got a hell of a story with a uplifting ending. We wouldn't have him losing his last 2 fights. He retires after Manchester 204 for a bit of creative licence.

My choice is another English fighter not so recent. It doesn't carry such an uplifting story, but I can't think of any other fighter whose life story, up to now, would be better as a film. Lightening Lee Murray. If you don't know him just Google his name. There's to much action to write on here.

Synopsis:

Drugs

Dealing

Young offenders institute

Gangster

Professional fighter

Knocking Tito go out in his prime in a street brawl

53 million pound robbery

Fleeing to Morocco

sentanced to 10 years in a morrocan jail to have it extended to 25 years.

Starring Tom Hardy.

Edited by Marble
  • Like 2

Paul Harris I mean fk he literally grew up living under a bridge and ate pig feed to survive. 

All the knees are belong to Paul Harris because he still thinks they are pig feet and wants his revenge. 

Actor suggestions to play the role

Peter Dinklage, Danny Divito or Jack Black

• Like 3

Paul Harris I mean fk he literally grew up living under a bridge and ate pig feed to survive.

All the knees are belong to Paul Harris because he still thinks they are pig feet and wants his revenge.

Actor suggestions to play the role

Peter Dinklage, Danny Divito or Jack Black

Joe Pesci

GSP's legazee from poor polite garbage collector to Rich polite garbage can collector would be quality viewing!

GSP played by Ryan Gosling

• Like 1

GSP's legazee from poor polite garbage collector to Rich polite garbage can collector would be quality viewing!

GSP played by Ryan Gosling

They could do studies with it and see if it helps people with insomnia

Bispings got a hell of a story with a uplifting ending. We wouldn't have him losing his last 2 fights. He retires after Manchester 204 for a bit of creative licence.

My choice is another English fighter not so recent. It doesn't carry such an uplifting story, but I can't think of any other fighter whose life story, up to now, would be better as a film. Lightening Lee Murray. If you don't know him just Google his name. There's to much action to write on here.

Synopsis:

Drugs

Dealing

Young offenders institute

Gangster

Professional fighter

Knocking Tito go out in his prime in a street brawl

53 million pound robbery

Fleeing to Morocco

sentanced to 10 years in a morrocan jail to have it extended to 25 years.

Starring Tom Hardy.

Who also fought Anderson Silva in Cage Rage.

I dont know how true it is but I've heard stories of the crowd for that fight, because he was who he was was full of well known crimals and also some well known model who was dating him or someone else. Might of heard that wrong but makes it more interesting at least. 

Bisping would be good.

DC has a lot of history from the Jones fights and the ups and downs from that, olympic wrestling team, winning the strikeforce grand prix as a huge underdog and offcourse more recently becomming LHW and HW champ. What is it he said, been second a lot of times.

Some Pride stories would be great, and ofcourse you have the Gracie's whole thing.

But i'd be intrested in Dom Cruz. Had to fight at 155 because no smaller weight divisions, unique style, very interesting and intellegent fighter and the whole huge inury set back to coming back and winning the belt again. 

• Like 1

Rich Franklin played by Jim Carrey - maybe end the movie before the Cung Le fight though... 

...or keep the Cung Le fight in there and end it with Bisping Killing Cung Le and have the sequel be about the true GOAT that is bisping.

Royce and Randy could both make interesting bio pics for different reasons.

Royce gives us an insight into the Gracie family, a film in itself, the beginnings of the UFC, and Royce winning. Not sure who Id get to play his role.

Randy has just had an interesting life, HOF and too much to mention here. If Statham could bulk up and learn a Murican accent he'd have the right look, but I don't know if he has the chops for that.

• Like 2

Royce and Randy could both make interesting bio pics for different reasons.

Royce gives us an insight into the Gracie family, a film in itself, the beginnings of the UFC, and Royce winning. Not sure who Id get to play his role.

Randy has just had an interesting life, HOF and too much to mention here. If Statham could bulk up and learn a Murican accent he'd have the right look, but I don't know if he has the chops for that.

Statham is in his 50s now and would still look to young to play young Randy

• Like 2

Fun thread!

Comedy: Hendricks and his weight cuts

Suspense: Till and his saga about cutting to 170 and showing up for his title fight

Romance: Romero and Bisping (I wove you Mike)

****: Tate

Nah, jokes aside:

Im not his fan but I kinda liked how GSP came back to dethrone Bisping.

Needless to even mention Royce tho

• Like 2

If I had to pick 1 fighter, that could keep me entertained though out the entire movie with also something happening post fighting career that matters, Matt Hughes 

If I had to pick 1 fighter, that could keep me entertained though out the entire movie with also something happening post fighting career that matters, Matt Hughes 

Forrest Gump 2 - Staring Matt Hughes.  

• Like 1

Please stop joking about Forrest Gump 2. There really is a sequel book written and I had the grave misfortune of reading it. It was, and always will be, the worst thing ever put on paper. It's really not a joking matter, I try to bury any thoughts of that book into the deepest recesses of my brain and you're activating some PTSD. Seriously, please and thank you.

As far as biographical MMA film... I, and everyone else here, would watch a movie about Megasoup. Some may deny it, but it's a train wreck we'd all tune into.

• Like 3

Please stop joking about Forrest Gump 2. There really is a sequel book written and I had the grave misfortune of reading it. It was, and always will be, the worst thing ever put on paper. It's really not a joking matter, I try to bury any thoughts of that book into the deepest recesses of my brain and you're activating some PTSD. Seriously, please and thank you.

As far as biographical MMA film... I, and everyone else here, would watch a movie about Megasoup. Some may deny it, but it's a train wreck we'd all tune into.

it would basically be catch me if you can except the lead is terrible at everything he pretends to know how to do

Holy ****!  I just read the synopsis, wtf???????????????

Holy ****! I just read the synopsis, wtf???????????????

I assure you, whatever you read in the synopsis doesn't capture the awfulness of the book.

I would seriously rather be forced at gunpoint to read all the twilight and 50 shades books than that pile of **** again

• Like 1