Sign in to follow this  
King_!

NHL 2018/2019 OFFICAL THREAD

the leafs are actually 4-0 in the preseason (not that it matters)

Mathews and Johny T are already lighting it up though. Nylander hasn't resigned but he will, he's not about to throw his career away for 2 million short 

Edited by King_Can!

Bold strategy bumping this during the apparent football vs football turf war going on at the moment

• Like 2

yo CB  my coworker whos a sens fan was so rustled about the karlsson trade as well as last years dismal season (they even finished worse than my canucks for f*ck sakes)  that hes buying a karlsson sharks jersey and cheering for san jose this year!

what a f*cking sellout! im not switching allegiances just because of a bad year. or a bad string of years.   youll never catch me wearing a luongo panthers jersey.   f*ck that, ill just buy a bigger crying towel just to soak up another years worth of tears of disappointment

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

the leafs are actually 4-0 in the preseason (not that it matters)

Mathews and Johny T are already lighting it up though. Nylander hasn't resigned but he will, he's not about to throw his career away for 2 million short 

weve played 4 games and got pounded by edmonton, twice by calgary, yet somehow we managed to beat LA. imagine that

• Like 1

respect to classicboxer's original nhl thread from last year

link: http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/topic/194380-2017-18-nhl-thread/page-4?hl=nhl&do=findComment&comment=4708903

it actually reached 410 posts (People here actually care about hockey too apparently)

who's winning the cup?

KING_CAN!: Toronto Maple LEAFS

I'd love to see my Oilers use their skill and potential for a good push to the cup.

Would love to see Toronto vs Edmonton, game 7, over time and McJesus scoring the winner.

But I would guess that this year itll be Nashville getting back there and finishing it.

Bold strategy bumping this during the apparent football vs football turf war going on at the moment

Canadians assemble !

121113_Anchorman-Horn_600.jpg

• Like 3

I'd love to see my Oilers use their skill and potential for a good push to the cup.

Would love to see Toronto vs Edmonton, game 7, over time and McJesus scoring the winner.

But I would guess that this year itll be Nashville getting back there and finishing it.

Oilers have had all the opportunities in the world but they don't take care of anything that goes on behind the scenes (GM's, owners, coaches etc.)

it's sad to see all this talent leave the organization, could you imagine if Mcdavid got to play with Malkin or a marner? he could potentially be the best player of all times 

• Like 1

Didn't Toronto make the playoffs last season? You can probably take a few years off. They won't be back.

they set a franchise record for season wins and they acquired the best free agent in a decade, all they need is a solid D man and there chances are VERY good 

• Like 1

Oilers have had all the opportunities in the world but they don't take care of anything that goes on behind the scenes (GM's, owners, coaches etc.)

it's sad to see all this talent leave the organization, could you imagine if Mcdavid got to play with Malkin or a marner? he could potentially be the best player of all times

Oh I know about the issues with all the fools who dont put skates on.

Get a good first line D man or two, get rid of Lucic, and find a solid back up goalie so Talbot can rest here or there and I think we would pull together.

Or, we will be out of the playoffs before Christmas again. Who knows.

• Like 2

karlsson just got traded to vancouver in exchange for alex edler and a 3rd round draft pick.

cut.jpg

GOAT mask/movie!

Hate to say it but Sharks may take it this year. 

So many teams have the potential to get it done though. Lot of power houses. Will depend on hot goaltending and powerplay down the stretch.

Can't wait to see the Habs be a dumpster team.

Edited by Decompoze
  • Like 1

Oh I know about the issues with all the fools who dont put skates on.

Get a good first line D man or two, get rid of Lucic, and find a solid back up goalie so Talbot can rest here or there and I think we would pull together.

Or, we will be out of the playoffs before Christmas again. Who knows.

The guys I drive to hockey with (one a Flames fan, and one an Oilers fan) have a tall can wager every time one of their teams plays my Kings. Oilers have been hooking me up with all the beer last few years, lets keep it going lol.

• Like 1

anyone see phillys new mascot? lmao

let him play goal for vancouver and weve probably got a better shot.  we just got pounded again by edmonton 6-0.

• Like 2

montreal surprisingly actually holding their own, 4-1 in the pre season, beat toronto 5-1 (even though they didn't play there top 8 guys), and are competing well with them RN

mitch marner and John tavares looking LETHAL together

Too bad corey perry got injured for the ducks for the first half of the season before the season even starts, not a ducks fan though so give no ****s

• Like 1

With the 2018-2019 NHL season just about to begin, EA Sports has released the results of its annual simulation of the season within the latest NHL game. The biggest takeaway? The Toronto Maple Leafs will beat the San Jose Sharks to win the 2019 Stanley Cup.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nhl-19-predicts-stanley-cup-winner-and-its-a-surpr/1100-6462223/

• Like 1

18 hours ago, -idyb- said:

With the 2018-2019 NHL season just about to begin, EA Sports has released the results of its annual simulation of the season within the latest NHL game. The biggest takeaway? The Toronto Maple Leafs will beat the San Jose Sharks to win the 2019 Stanley Cup.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nhl-19-predicts-stanley-cup-winner-and-its-a-surpr/1100-6462223/

very accurate

Mathews and Tavares got on the bard with goals tn

I hate to say it, because I love ripping on those die hard leads fans. But they have a good team and should go far this year. Same as CB's gay sharks.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

I hate to say it, because I love ripping on those die hard leads fans. But they have a good team and should go far this year. Same as CB's gay sharks.

safe_image.php?d=AQBYnxHi3rZsCC22&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcsports.com%2Fbayarea%2Fsites%2Fcsnbayarea%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F10%2F03%2Fek_9_65.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&sx=0&sy=26&sw=1920&sh=1003&_nc_hash=AQAFQ0YqvjlNnoMG

Edited by classicboxer
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, classicboxer said:

Sharks give up a goal in the first minute!

first home opener ive seen in years where my canucks didnt get scored on on the first shot!

at this rate my canucks and king can's leafs are on pace for an 82-0 season, and cb's sharks are on pace for an 0-82 season.

we're currently tied for first place in the league. WOOOOOO what a feeling!   yeah we're f*cking winning again!  we're on top,  just like your mom!

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

first home opener ive seen in years where my canucks didnt get scored on on the first shot!

at this rate my canucks and king can's leafs are on pace for an 82-0 season, and cb's sharks are on pace for an 0-82 season.

we're currently tied for first place in the league. WOOOOOO what a feeling!   yeah we're f*cking winning again!  we're on top,  just like your mom!

I think you said the same thing last year.

1 minute ago, classicboxer said:

I think you said the same thing last year.

but look at the probability.  if we keep playing the way we were playing against calgary, we will end up with a perfect 82-0 record!   and we will successfully kill all 656 penalties at a rate of 8 per game, and we are still on pace for 82 shorthanded goals. that elias petersson dude we drafted the other year is on pace for 82 goals and 82 assists.   this is going to be a glorious year. this is going to be our year!

funny how calgary was the only team we were able to beat in the preseason, but they spanked the sharks a couple of times last week.  then again, who hasnt?

24 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

but look at the probability.  if we keep playing the way we were playing against calgary, we will end up with a perfect 82-0 record!   and we will successfully kill all 656 penalties at a rate of 8 per game, and we are still on pace for 82 shorthanded goals. that elias petersson dude we drafted the other year is on pace for 82 goals and 82 assists.   this is going to be a glorious year. this is going to be our year!

funny how calgary was the only team we were able to beat in the preseason, but they spanked the sharks a couple of times last week.  then again, who hasnt?

2jdoza.jpg

i'd be worried if i was tied for dead last in the league.  especially right at the start of the year.  you guys just might never have a hope of catching up. your season is pretty much over already bro

u guys better start trading away your players and firing your coaches.  if vancouver and anaheim keep this up, your sharks will be competing for draft picks.

praise be to the unbeaten canucks.  and the maple leafs, who EA predicted to deliver a fresh creampie to san jose and go all the way this year.

tavares signing > karlsson trade

Edited by -idyb-

1 hour ago, Decompoze said:

Won't be the last time I say this, this season.

Fook you cb and your sharks!

Least we got a point out of it.

I can see Vegas going down this year, and the Sharks, Kings, and Ducks fighting for the division.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

I can see Vegas going down this year, and the Sharks, Kings, and Ducks fighting for the division.

I agree. Vegas needs to outwork other teams and they are still high from their playoff run. Think they will slump for a while in the early going at least.

• Like 1

my canucks are back to their old ways again. played calgary again the other night and got scored on in the first 12 seconds.   ended up coming back and getting ahead.  choked half way through the 3rd period and lost.  story of last years season!

and tonight carolina scores on them in the first 40 seconds. we almost came back,  we tied it at the start of the 2nd but then decided to not play defense and the goalie fell asleep while carolina started lighting up the lamp, so that was all she wrote.

nice to see the canucks havent missed a beat.  if i only had a dollar for every time they let in a goal on the first shot way early on in the game

Edited by -idyb-

Leafs looking DOMINANT

Austin Mathews is killing it right now undeniably so

still desperately need ****ing defence, Andy is a brick wall but he can only do so much

• Like 1