Sign in to follow this  
brunofr418

Did i make a mistake buying tickets for ufc 230?

Ok so i'm a huge lifelong ufc fan and as many of you know the presale tickets for ufc 230 went up yesterday. i live in NY and there's only 2 MAYBE 3 events here a year so naturally i jumped at the chance to see another event live. (i was present for both 205 and 217, i bought tickets for 223 but sold them after 4 fights got pulled). Basically im just wondering if you guys think i made a mistake getting these tickets so soon seeing as the main event isn't finalized and Nate Diaz constantly threatens to pull out. 

• Sad 1

You'll be able to sell them, but given where it's at you 100% paid overs.. better to get a flight and Airbnb for a better card elsewhere you'd probably still be in front on the cost of those tix

All NY cards hold value in the tickets, especially MSG.  Just flip'em if the card isn't what you want.

not totally true, when 217 was incredibly overpriced last year TM ended up cutting P1sand P2s by nearly 30-40% within a few days before the fight

• Like 3

IMO, if Poirier Vs. Diaz is the main event, it's still better than the other two Brooklyn main events (that actually happened). Some good prelims too. I got 2 better seats for this for less than what I paid for 1 at 205. Obviously not on par with that card, but it will be a good night.

• Like 2

Hold off for a week, if you can. I still think Dana has something going on he'll announce by or at the 229 weigh in. If nothing mentioned by then, dump the tickets.

• Like 1

I mean it looks like he's from the city. No travel costs at all

I think you responded to me, but I'm not sure?

Going off of my own experiences, the UFC doesn't add a blockbuster main event AFTER tickets are on sale. That's just not how it happens. So the likelihood of those tickets gaining value is near nonexistent. The only thing stopping them from bumping Weidman vs. Rockhold to the main is their newfound obsession with titles on every PPV. But I wouldn't put it past them to make an interim MW strap.

• Like 1

I think you responded to me, but I'm not sure?

Going off of my own experiences, the UFC doesn't add a blockbuster main event AFTER tickets are on sale. That's just not how it happens. So the likelihood of those tickets gaining value is near nonexistent. The only thing stopping them from bumping Weidman vs. Rockhold to the main is their newfound obsession with titles on every PPV. But I wouldn't put it past them to make an interim MW strap.

I'm not arguing at they'll add anything. That's naive. I'm just arguing that I don't think he "made a mistake". Ticket prices started pretty low, hard to see them going down, but who knows.

Hello, the same situation...And some worst that Im from Russia and get 4 tickets on UFC 229, but my plans changed, and I want sell this.   

ticket prices were only low because they couldnt find a main. the original prices were actually 600 for P1s and moved to 400 the day before when they were scrambling for the event.. or when they realized their initial plan (whatever it was) wouldnt come to fruition

not totally true, when 217 was incredibly overpriced last year TM ended up cutting P1sand P2s by nearly 30-40% within a few days before the fight

yea i agree 217 was overpriced at first but trust me seeing the event live made those tickets earn their value 100 times over. same with 205. that’s the kind of atmosphere you just can’t find at other venues. i’ve traveled to a bunch of cards as well. boston for 220, detroit for 218 and orlando for the fox card and none of them came close to the feeling i got at the 2 msg cards

Edited by brunofr418

I bought tix too. I think its a solid card so far ...4 really good fights on PPV if u ask me.... BUT NOT A WOW CARD........yet

i think there’re a lot of really good sleeper fights on the card. also did you hear about justin gaethje calling to fight kevin lee or al iaquinta. if that fight gets booked that’ll definitely make it a WOW card

I'd never purchase tickets to a card wo a main.

They got you hooked. Cannot demand refund and if doesn't work out they are gonna give you Poirer vs Diaz and while that's a good fight no way that is MSG main event quality after getting Conor and GSP the last 2 years. 

Edited by CanPass

They got you hooked. Cannot demand refund and if doesn't work out they are gonna give you Poirer vs Diaz and while that's a good fight no way that is MSG main event quality after getting Conor and GSP the last 2 years. 

i dont think they would've kept it as TBA vs TBD for this long if dana didnt have something up his sleeve for the main event. my guess is he's waiting for either the weigh ins or the thursday presser to announce the main for msg. if not and the card remains as it stands now ill probably still end up going. but if the card takes a hit and loses a fight or two ima refund the tickets and get my money back

• Like 1

Hello, the same situation...And some worst that Im from Russia and get 4 tickets on UFC 229, but my plans changed, and I want sell this.   

why the hell did this can get bant?

• Like 1

Dude posted a picture of a cake.

blasphemy.   give him the chair!

On 9/30/2018 at 2:16 AM, CanPass said:

ROFL you was warned.

You just got NEWFC'D!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CanPass said:

ROFL you was warned.

You just got NEWFC'D!

Yep, I think we can officially use this expression from now on.

lol

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2018 at 8:43 AM, pjbear05 said:

Hold off for a week, if you can. I still think Dana has something going on he'll announce by or at the 229 weigh in. If nothing mentioned by then, dump the tickets.

Sell, sell, SELL!

a part of me is going to hold out hope for a bit considering theres been no official announcement on the ufc's end. ill see how im feelin in a few weeks and then tossing the tickets using ol' reliable: ticket insurance. so i can get my money back 

19 hours ago, Greasyrasta said:

Take all the advice I offered and throw it out the window.  You’re fooked!  Lesson learned here is fook lol wmma.

Unless Kabob pulls out of the fight in the next few days.

5 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Unless Kabob pulls out of the fight in the next few days.

I doubt they let ****er fight in NYC right now.  I fly out tomorrow so I hope no one drops.  Already got burned by my boy Bones 2 years ago and got stuck watching a cream puff hump a geriatric.