Sign in to follow this  
OzStraya

🏀🏀 NBA thread 🏀 🏀

9 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

The year of the underdog!

getting a choke job out of the Raptors.  I'm no surprised motherfookers!!

Spurs beating the nuggets is to be expected also

1 hour ago, crangs said:

getting a choke job out of the Raptors.  I'm no surprised motherfookers!!

Spurs beating the nuggets is to be expected also

I'm just hoping the trend continues with Pacers/Celtics!

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

DeMarcus Cousins left the game with a possible torn quad. Dude can't catch a break. 

boGOAT got them covered 

The Bucks will roll to the Finals. The East is garbage.

Hopefully the West beats themselves up enough to tire them out by the time they get to the Finals. Otherwise, Milwaukee probably goes down in five or six tops.

31 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

The Bucks will roll to the Finals. The East is garbage.

Hopefully the West beats themselves up enough to tire them out by the time they get to the Finals. Otherwise, Milwaukee probably goes down in five or six tops.

Toronto wouldn’t be a cake walk

14 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Uhhhh.... The Bucks were 3-1 against them this season with the average being an 11 point victory. They also won both games in Toronto.

Yes, they absolutely would be a cake walk. They're toast in five games.

I got the Bucks losing two games on the route to the Finals. Maybe three.

The Pistons aren't winning one. They're out in four. Then the Celtics will be beaten up after their long series in the first round. They're going out in five. Then the Raptors will have played about 12 or 13 games in the playoffs, while the Bucks will have played about nine. So yeah, the Craptors are out in five, max six games.

2 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

They're about to go 2-2

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

I got the Bucks losing two games on the route to the Finals. Maybe three.

The Pistons aren't winning one. They're out in four. Then the Celtics will be beaten up after their long series in the first round. They're going out in five. Then the Raptors will have played about 12 or 13 games in the playoffs, while the Bucks will have played about nine. So yeah, the Craptors are out in five, max six games.

Celtics will get swept by the bucks.  Beating Victor-less Pacers with the worst coach in the east is not a sign of a great team,  even the pistons without Griffen would spank the pacers.  And I like the pacers lol 

Jazz have been disappointing but Warriors Rockets should see either a good series or Harden being salty and getting spanked,  either one I'm perfectly fine with.  

Honestly can't pick a winner between Spurs and Nuggets.  Great match-up all round,  you'd think that Denver has a little more depth to get the job done.  

Either one will be an excellent series against the Blazers who've been epic without their all star C and who should put OKC away in 5

Bucks will sweep the Celtics by no less than 10+ per game

Phili/Raptors should be quality and another which is really hard to pick.  Embiid isn't 100% and Raptors rotation should be difficult to manage.  

My picks from here 

GSW in 5

Nuggets vs Blazers - Nuggets in 6 or 7

Bucks 4-0

Raptors in 6 or 7

The only good to come of the game last night was this absolute unit of a hair cut in the stands

3 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Holy mother of god

that was amazing.  50 point game and that to win it.  OKC were that bad there's now trade rumours for my boy Steven Adams.  My loyalty will shift with him if he does

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Holy mother of god

yea that was cool and all but more importantly he'll forever be a meme now

nUjAM9y.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, crangs said:

that was amazing.  50 point game and that to win it.  OKC were that bad there's now trade rumours for my boy Steven Adams.  My loyalty will shift with him if he does

Rumours I here are about Rusty

FB_IMG_1556110743484.jpg

• Haha 1

is Durant actually the best player in the league?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crangs said:

Yes, I would say the Greek Freak but Durant is a way better shooter. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crangs said:

Either him or LeBron. It’s been that way for many years. We’ll get some more answers when KD gets his own team this offseason

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Yes, I would say the Greek Freak but Durant is a way better shooter. 

You hear Reggie Miller saying "if the Greek Freak gets a jumpshot, he'll be entering Jordan territory"?

As strongly as I hate to make those types of comparisons, man.... I have never in my life seen somebody that can decide within two or three steps up the court whether or not he's going to try to dunk the ball. Nor have I ever seen someone get a pass at the three point line and just decide somebody is getting posterized more than Giannis this year.

I was totally not surprised when they started showing the dunking stats and he was above Shaq, Olajuwon, and a bunch of other people with his stats this year. It's a wild thing to watch when he goes hard at the basket. Prison swole Giannis too goddamn strong.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Either him or LeBron. It’s been that way for many years. We’ll get some more answers when KD gets his own team this offseason

if KD decided to shoot like his name was Harden and dominate the ball is there anyone that can actually defend him?

Edited by crangs

44 minutes ago, crangs said:

if KD decided to shoot like his name was Harden and dominate the ball is there anyone that can actually defend him?

I believe he could average 40 easily. 50 if he went full Westbrook 

1 hour ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Lebron is still amazing on offense but hasn't played defense for about 2-3 years now.

2 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

You hear Reggie Miller saying "if the Greek Freak gets a jumpshot, he'll be entering Jordan territory"?

As strongly as I hate to make those types of comparisons, man.... I have never in my life seen somebody that can decide within two or three steps up the court whether or not he's going to try to dunk the ball. Nor have I ever seen someone get a pass at the three point line and just decide somebody is getting posterized more than Giannis this year.

I was totally not surprised when they started showing the dunking stats and he was above Shaq, Olajuwon, and a bunch of other people with his stats this year. It's a wild thing to watch when he goes hard at the basket. Prison swole Giannis too goddamn strong.

I did and I honestly think he is right. His athleticism is off the charts. If he can shoot then he would be incredibly tough to stop. 

Reggie also offered to teach Ben Simmons how to shoot and the Sixers coach kind of blew it off. If Ben was smart he would take that offer this off-season. 

• Like 1

that nuggets/spurs series was tents.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

I feel like the Sixers won't keep this core together for too long

butler will tap out again at some point

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

The Sixers are a whole team of losers.

The only good player on that whole team is Tobias Harris.

- Embiid at 100% fit is an absolute powerhouse 

- Butler is a G

- Simmo will be an all star for the next 10 years (if he gets a jumpshot)

- Harris does look good but I'm pretty sure he's going somewhere else next year

That said, when you crowd Embiid and close out Simmo they look weak.  Imo their wins are all based on how much fire JJ catches.  If he hits a few 3's early they're good,  if not they struggle.  They'll take 1 or 2 from the Raps but that's all imo

Edited by OzStraya

Just now, OzStraya said:

Embiid at 100% fit is an absolute powerhouse 

Butler is a G

Simmo will be an all star for the next 10 years (if he gets a jumpshot)

Embiid tends to get the ball too close to the three point line, and then get flustered and dump the ball out of bounds as he looks for help. He has a lot of work to do before he's a "powerhouse".

Butler is a Girl. That's the rest of the word you forgot to type.

Simmons is a bum. His penetration skills aren't bad, but that's literally all he has. His jumpshot is pretty much nonexistent. He's not that great of a passer. I don't think he'll ever be much of a factor in the league. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Embiid tends to get the ball too close to the three point line, and then get flustered and dump the ball out of bounds as he looks for help. He has a lot of work to do before he's a "powerhouse".

Butler is a Girl. That's the rest of the word you forgot to type.

Simmons is a bum. His penetration skills aren't bad, but that's literally all he has. His jumpshot is pretty much nonexistent. He's not that great of a passer. I don't think he'll ever be much of a factor in the league. 

I dunno,  he has decent vision for a guy that big. The jumpshot will come,  it's his second season. Plenty of guys develop later.  The fact he gets those numbers this early without a jumpshot speaks volumes.  

But hey don't get it twisted,  I'm not here claiming the 6ers are getting out of this leg lol 

Is Kanter OK??  Nuggets were seriously underwhelming vs the spurs and if Kanter plays the Blazers can take them out.  

I've never been real enthusiastic about big European guys. See our discussion about how terrible Mirotic is.. 

The Blazers will beat the Nuggets either way. Kanter or not.

Headed to Milwaukee to drink some brews, eat some cheese curds and bratwursts, and cheer on the Bucks.

Bucks 108, Celtics 98 today. Put your house on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Headed to Milwaukee to drink some brews, eat some cheese curds and bratwursts, and cheer on the Bucks.

90-112 RIP your house :( well that's out of their system.  Finna put another house on 4-1 bucks. 

Please don't visit Milwaukee on a game day again just in case you jinxed it

8 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Mr Lach would've been proud

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Mr Lach would've been proud

Account bet that the Bucks still take them out?

We're going to see if we can make it a streak of bad predictions.

Sixers haven't won a game in Toronto since 2013 or something like that. They'll win one tonight!

Sixers 100, Craptors 97

15 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Account bet that the Bucks still take them out?

Not gonna work because I had the Bucks making it to the ECF before the playoffs started

129417_1555056047.jpg

10 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

We're going to see if we can make it a streak of bad predictions.

Sixers haven't won a game in Toronto since 2013 or something like that. They'll win one tonight!

Sixers 100, Craptors 97

^^This is going to be pretty close. The Sixers will almost certainly cough up some of this halftime lead.

Might pile on the live line. I see the Raptors at +9.5 points.

2 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

^^This is going to be pretty close. The Sixers will almost certainly cough up some of this halftime lead.

Might pile on the live line. I see the Raptors at +9.5 points.

Dunno, Raps might put the cue in the rack if this lead doesn't close up in the 3rd. Live to fight another day and all that

The Sixers have a ton of turnovers. The Raptors were just missing their shots. It won't take much more than playing smart to close the lead. I think it's 13 right now.