Sign in to follow this  
OzStraya

🏀🏀 NBA thread 🏀 🏀

On 10/16/2018 at 8:14 PM, Rumbin said:

My dawg Markelle lookin good to. 

This is our year

On 10/16/2018 at 8:18 PM, juice64011 said:

Your year to lose to the Celtics in the playoffs maybe. 

Correct results, wrong team. 

Also lol at Markelle looking good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rumbin said:

Good luck to the Warriors and Trail Blazers

They're gonna need it. Milwaukee is sending Toronto home in five. If KD isn't back soon, that series is going six or seven games. 

Btw, isn't the motto in Philly "trust the process"? I like how you goofs have a ton of highly rated college players, and then Milwaukee shows up with one European dude and some scrubs and is looking like a stronger team for the next five years or so. lol

12 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Kawhi is lucky AF

I like to imagine Drake and Kawhi are still having a moment like this somewhere in Toronto 

Related image

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Drake would allow any of those guys to **** him. FACT.

He also cursed the Craptors. They're out in five. FACT.

• Like 2

Drake is the WORST fanboi to have on your side.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, crangs said:

Drake is the WORST fanboi to have on your side.  

Unless you were a Patriots fan

Image result for drake rams

The overreaction by the Sixers fans and media is funny. 

Trade Ben Simmons. He's 22, get someone to teach him how to shoot and he will be great. Right now he is a great regular season player and mediocre postseason player but a decent shot will change that.  I would be more concerned about Embiid wearing down every season, he is young and can't stay healthy. 

Fire Brett Brown, they were a game away from the Conference Finals.

Butler is going to LA for sure. Maybe but the Sixers have a better chance than LA right now and after that loss I could see him staying. Tobias Harris didn't really fit so if he left they will be ok. 

6 hours ago, juice64011 said:

The NBA draft lottery might be the dumbest way to ever decide a draft order.

I get that it eliminates the chance to tank,  but it also eliminates the chance of the worst 2 teams from each conference to get any better 

Lol @AndyWang though no Zion for you

10 hours ago, juice64011 said:

The NBA draft lottery might be the dumbest way to ever decide a draft order.

It's the only way they can truly rig the league, and ensure talent goes to specific places.

If you think it's just a coincidence that the fanbases who feel most shat on are literally always the ones who get that number one pick, you're retarded. It's no coincidence AD spent the season crying, riding pine, and flicking off the fans..... and then suddenly they get Zion in return. I could have told everybody here he was going to New Orleans a couple months ago.

• Like 1

The Bucks will cover the spread in every single game. Kawhi can't do it all, and Lowry had his one good game for the series, and they still got bodied.

I am The Guy who cries over centers shooting three pointers, and I actually don't cringe when he shoots. It's wild.

3 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Brook Lopez is the best Center in the NBA. Prove me wrong 

karl-anthony-towns.jpg?resize=1400,9999&

Double the points, rebounds, and assists per game

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I get that guys like Towns and Jokic and even Vucevic put up great stats, but they’re soft as hell on the defensive end and teams rarely win anything of value with centers like that.

4 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Towns is easily top 3. Add in Nurkic and AD and just rotate them 

Edited by OzStraya
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Brook Lopez is the best Center in the NBA. Prove me wrong 

LOL 12 points 5 rebounds. There's centres that come off the bench and have better numbers than that 

Sabonis has 14.9 / 9.3 with 5 minutes less per game.  

4 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

I get that guys like Towns and Jokic and even Vucevic put up great stats, but they’re soft as hell on the defensive end and teams rarely win anything of value with centers like that.

I think defense is undervalued today and he is a great fit for the Bucks system but he still isn't at the level of some other centers in the league. If you replace Brook with KAT on that Bucks team and they would be way better. 

KAT's issue is that he isn't a leader. Wiggins plays **** defense and he follows. Covington came over and for the short time that they played together the defense greatly improved. 

Also Thib's defensive system was outdated and he refused to change. 

21 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I think defense is undervalued today and he is a great fit for the Bucks system but he still isn't at the level of some other centers in the league. If you replace Brook with KAT on that Bucks team and they would be way better. 

KAT's issue is that he isn't a leader. Wiggins plays **** defense and he follows. Covington came over and for the short time that they played together the defense greatly improved. 

Also Thib's defensive system was outdated and he refused to change. 

KAT is 23 and in his 4th season,  leadership will come.  He's already top 3 in the league. I'm worried he'll pull an AD and bail at his peak

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

KAT is a born loser. 

Don't @ me.

A lot of people judge basketball players because of STATS zOMG. Westbrook, John Wall, Vucevic are all guys who are amazing in fantasy basketball but in real life they're glorified 1st round exits

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Tyreke Evans USADA’d. 2 year suspension for a non PED

Ninja needs to stay off that nose candy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

A lot of people judge basketball players because of STATS zOMG. Westbrook, John Wall, Vucevic are all guys who are amazing in fantasy basketball but in real life they're glorified 1st round exits

Everyone listed on this page would still take a team farther than Brook Lopez could. Dude is the 6th best player on his team. 

4 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

lol, Raptors getting BODIED

Giannis and some very good contributions from the rest of the bucks.  Raptors are Kawhi with a little help from Lowry.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Everyone listed on this page would still take a team farther than Brook Lopez could. Dude is the 6th best player on his team. 

Vucevic chits on Lopez 10/10 times

• Like 1

The original “Lopez is the greatest post” was kind of humorous, but not crazy. I don’t think he’s the greatest overall Center in terms of skill, but I think he is the ideal Center for today’s NBA. Shoots a ton of 3s, protects the rim and most importantly is not ball dominant and stays out of the star wing’s way.

The comparison I always use is Carmelo and Draymond. Carmelo is much more skilled, but Draymond is a far more valuable player and understands the team game.

I think superstar Centers are too plodding and ruin ball movement, that’s why the Warriors never needed a great Center and DeMarcus Cousins actually makes them worse. Or how the Pelicans looked amazing when Cousins got hurt last year.

This game is about ball movement and shooting, but Harden keeps failing because he doesn’t realize that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

Vucevic chits on Lopez 10/10 times

Yet Lopez is about to be in the Finals and Vucevic will never win a thing. lol

John Wall will never win a thing. Neither will Vucevic.

Talent =/= winning

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Yet Lopez is about to be in the Finals and Vucevic will never win a thing. lol

John Wall will never win a thing. Neither will Vucevic.

Talent =/= winning

It helps a little when playing by the league MVP. Before this I think he had 2 first round exits in his career. 

6 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Oh, and I believe Brook was the first player to ever average 2+ blocks and 2+ three pointers in the same season

He really worked on his shot. I remember in college and the start of his career when he couldn't hit a 3 so he just wouldn't shoot them. 

That Bucks the have a lot of talent and he fits it perfect. Pretty nice for a $3 million player. They are coming together at the right time too. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

He really worked on his shot. I remember in college and the start of his career when he couldn't hit a 3 so he just wouldn't shoot them. 

That Bucks the has a lot of talent and he fits it perfect. Pretty nice for a $3 million player. They are coming together at the right time too. 

Their coaching and front office is top notch

KD could move to the Knicks tomorrow and they'd still win this whole thing without dropping more than 2 more games.  Insane.  Draymont gives me the chits but that was a hell of a game from him today. Beast mode

The warriors who OmG ChEatEd wItH TwO MoRe ALL sTaRs can win this whole thing with Boogie and KD not playing another minute and starting Alphonso Mckinee. Crazy. If Klay gets Max for years go ahead and lock them in for 20/21 as well.  Not even Jennifer Lopez's giant sister Brooke can stop them.  

• Haha 1

Kawhi has a leg injury and played 52 minutes two nights ago. Bucks should win fairly easily tonight. 

Everyone should fade my picks, I'm always wrong. 

4 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Kawhi has a leg injury and played 52 minutes two nights ago. Bucks should win fairly easily tonight. 

Everyone should fade my picks, I'm always wrong. 

You won't be wrong tonight. The Bucks are 5-2 on the season against these cans, with the average win being like 18 points, and Toronto's one win in the series came in 2OT. lol

Bucks by 15 tonight. They'll be ahead by the end of the first quarter and won't relinquish the lead all game.

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

didn't watch it but with so many players in double figures I'd say Toronto played well as a team instead of letting Kawhi carry them?

8 hours ago, crangs said:

didn't watch it but with so many players in double figures I'd say Toronto played well as a team instead of letting Kawhi carry them?

Yep.  Played their best Playoff game so far and finally blocked up the middle when Giannis charges and forced him to take the shot.  Accurate af too.  All of a sudden this is going to be a 7 game series.  Won decent on the raptors today too 😎 

Screenshot_2019-05-22-12-24-28-96.png

Raptors are on fire now.  Time for Giannis to find his big boy pants 

• Like 1

just watched the highlights.   Van Fleet hitting them big 3s and Kawhi just being Kawhi.  Good game 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 8:10 PM, OzStraya said:

It's nearly time again folks. 

Predictions

CHAMPIONS : GSW

RUNNER UP : RAPTORS

MVP

Greek Freak! 

Oz predicts sees tings

• Like 1