Sign in to follow this  
OzStraya

OFFICIAL NBA 18/19 THREAD

23 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

ESPN is reporting that the Clippers signed Kawhi and traded for Paul George. 

and instantly they become top 2 in the west

• Like 1

Have any news outlets confirmed yet if the earthquake there yesterday was in fact a result of Kawhi's huge balls landing in LA?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cashfl0w said:

LEL @ Kawhi chitting on another team after winning a title. Good stuff.

Toronto's too old imo. Lowry and Gasol are 33-34. Siakam has talent and Van Fleet came out of no where but who knows if he is going to maintain that.

kawhi is a god damn sellout. turning his back on the team that won him a championship

good riddance. the raptors dont need him anyways. kawhi needs the raptors.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

@juice64011 @crangs @TUF @cashflow @idyb

Watch or PERISH

Well done! 

Just an opinion, but I agree with Oz and Stomp, if you want to step up your game, I think you need to throw in some more humor, or at least some stronger personal opinions. I like the artwork, the videos are pleasing to the eye, but you aren't providing anything new to hard core sports fans. You need to make your videos more about Mauro, and not just reporting sports news.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, classicboxer said:

Well done! 

Just an opinion, but I agree with Oz and Stomp, if you want to step up your game, I think you need to throw in some more humor, or at least some stronger personal opinions. I like the artwork, the videos are pleasing to the eye, but you aren't providing anything new to hard core sports fans. You need to make your videos more about Mauro, and not just reporting sports news.

Yeah, something that I found interesting while posting this on the Clippers forum is that most Clippers fans already knew about that stuff. It's tough to find a balance between being too hardcore and too casual, but I'll do my best haha.

I'm trying to figure out what gets more views, and it's not easy to know

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Yeah, something that I found interesting while posting this on the Clippers forum is that most Clippers fans already knew about that stuff. It's tough to find a balance between being too hardcore and too casual, but I'll do my best haha.

I'm trying to figure out what gets more views, and it's not easy to know

Maybe you can create an alter ego, and give contrasting views! That's all you see on sports channels during the morning, 2 different personalities arguing about sports subjects.

Mauro Pedrosa and Stephen A. Pedrosa!MauroPedrosa image.jpeg.19dc410e7dee177d07594588585c7dfc.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, classicboxer said:

Maybe you can create an alter ego, and give contrasting views! That's all you see on sports channels during the morning, 2 different personalities arguing about sports subjects.

Mauro Pedrosa and Stephen A. Pedrosa!MauroPedrosa image.jpeg.19dc410e7dee177d07594588585c7dfc.jpeg

My previous project was a little more opinion based but I moved away from it because I caught myself "rooting against" a guy, if I called him overrated before, just to be right about him, and that's not a type of energy that I want to carry around anymore.

But yes, I'm very much trying to implement some humor elements in my stuff, but I think that it will mostly be on social media. People there like colors and quick laughs, and on YouTube you can have the more serious, long-form stuff. Any suggestions will be appreciated

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

@-idyb- I dedicate this video to you, since you're a long time Raptors fan

D_Nb8qXWwAAcZH4.jpg

hell yeah bro. very long time.

• Like 1

Westbrook traded to OKC for Chris Paul, 2 first round picks, and 2 pick swaps. 

Will be interesting to see Westbrook and Harden together again. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Westbrook traded to OKC for Chris Paul, 2 first round picks, and 2 pick swaps. 

Will be interesting to see Westbrook and Harden together again. 

I hope it's the most glorious of dumpster fires

• Haha 1

Does this feel like it's everybody vs a battered and INJURED GSW in the west now?  They'll be fighting for 4th

• Like 1

Congratulations to the Toronto Raptors for being the best NBA team in Canada every year.

Edited by -idyb-

11 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Does this feel like it's everybody vs a battered and INJURED GSW in the west now?  They'll be fighting for 4th

Is Klay gonna line up at the start of the season?  They could be playing catch up from the start

3 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

Congratulations to the Toronto Raptors for being the best NBA team in Canada every year.

Now Kawhi is gone the best team in Canada is gonna be the team that rolls in and cream pies the Raptors every home game.  Well every team except the Knicks.

• Haha 1

kawhi me a river m8.  we dont need that fool anyways. trust me on this one.  nobody knows basketball like idyb knows basketball. the raptors are in much better shape without kawhi. now they no longer have to carry him on their backs all season

Edited by -idyb-

1 hour ago, crangs said:

Is Klay gonna line up at the start of the season?  They could be playing catch up from the start

Nope. Did his ACL in game 6 -  won't see him until at least the 40-50's if not later than that. If DLo doesn't gel with Steph they're going to find it difficult.  Lost Iguadala too now that bench is shallow

D'Angelo Russell is a legit superstar. He's A LOT more talented than people think he is.

Edited by cashfl0w

4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

D'Angelo Russell is a legit superstar. He's A LOT more talented than people think he is.

Oh he's good no doubt.  He's not Klay though

6 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

He's talented but he always needs the ball and that isn't how GSW plays. I could see Curry moving into more of a shooting guard role until Klay comes back. It's a good move by the warriors, Curry would be gassed by midseason if he had to carry the team. 

• Like 1