Sign in to follow this  
OzStraya

OFFICIAL NBA THREAD

Per ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Pelicans are trading the No. 4 pick in the 2019 NBA draft to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the No. 8, 17 and 35 picks in the draft. The Pelicans are also reportedly sending Solomon Hill, the No. 57 pick and a future second-rounder to the Hawks.

9 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

i am rather disappointed that this didnt win the NBA Moment of the Year:

bkn-raptors-fans-20190613.jpg

Promoting drink driving. Typical lowlife prick move by Gobbles Semen Permanently 

3 hours ago, -idyb- said:

we've been over this already, oui?

Je t'encule!

21 minutes ago, TUF said:

Harden was robbed

ChangeMyMind.jpg

78-23

3 hours ago, TUF said:

Harden was robbed

ChangeMyMind.jpg

Houston dropping to the 4 seed at the end of the year cost Harden the MVP.

16 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

Houston dropping to the 4 seed at the end of the year cost Harden the MVP.

Communism at it's finest. 36 PPG shouldn't be negated by post seasons. 

Harden was MVP last year, Giannis is a good story and a new guy to give a trophy too. Seems like they were pushing international players this year.

2 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Harden was MVP last year, Giannis is a good story and a new guy to give a trophy too. Seems like they were pushing international players this year.

Giannis is the nicest guy in the league and would be a lock if they ever hand out a Mr Congeniality award but not MVP,  and I basically hate what they've done with the MVP award.  Having an individual award heavily influenced on a teams regular season record was dumb enough but not awarding it till after the post season and basing it on how deep a team goes is silly. 

• Like 1

Harden is a cheating, greedy,  ballhog grub. He travels, flops, fakes getting hit and fakes shooting 3's to get those 36 points.  He also steps in on 3point shooters in the air. He's a miserable cuck and as an individual he choked in the playoffs.  He doesn't make players around him better,  he's a glory hunter. Fook him  and his 36+. MVP shouldnt be based on scoring alone.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Harden is a cheating, greedy,  ballhog grub. He travels, flops, fakes getting hit and fakes shooting 3's to get those 36 points.  He also steps in on 3point shooters in the air. He's a miserable cuck and as an individual he choked in the playoffs.  He doesn't make players around him better,  he's a glory hunter. Fook him  and his 36+. MVP shouldnt be based on scoring alone.  

I agree with this but not based on what you said but because of his chitty wok defense. Giannis is a more complete player but Harden is like top 10 in assists in the league so he does make his team better and has a solid shooting % so he isn't just a ball hog. We all know the one true king anyways. 

Teemu Lin

Image result for jeremy lin

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

All hail King Harden. The greatest non-canadian born basketball player to play on a non-canadian NBA team.

Edited by -idyb-

Giannis wants to win championships, Harden just wants 30+ points a game... 

Theres a reason Ibaka won a championship before Harden and Westbrook. The main one is he landed on a good team with a great player but my point is that iso players like Harden and Westbrook don’t win championships. 

• Like 2

Harden is a bum. He isn't even a top five player in the league. I would take him about 8th if I was starting a team from scratch. I'm taking Curry, Durant, Giannis, even Westbrook before Harden. He pads his stats and worries more about individual accolades before winning.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Harden is a bum. He isn't even a top five player in the league. I would take him about 8th if I was starting a team from scratch. I'm taking Curry, Durant, Giannis, even Westbrook before Harden. He pads his stats and worries more about individual accolades before winning.

Agreed.  Throw PG13 and Kuhwai in there too.  

• Like 1

Houston are always going to float around that 4/5 seed. Harden is skilled enough to get points for them to win games but it’s not sustainable. Capela is a good player and Paul’s contract is ridiculous. Not a fan of D’antoni either. They will never win and constantly complain abaout it. 

Apparently going after Butler 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JSW said:

Houston are always going to float around that 4/5 seed. Harden is skilled enough to get points for them to win games but it’s not sustainable. Capela is a good player and Paul’s contract is ridiculous. Not a fan of D’antoni either. They will never win and constantly complain abaout it. 

Apparently going after Butler 

Butler should add to the consistently complaining prereq

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

until fighting is allowed in the NBA, i have a hard time considering basketball as a real mans sport.

i guess thats the kind of shit that happens when theres only one canadian team and the other 29 teams are too afraid to engage in fisticuffs

Edited by -idyb-

32 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Butler should add to the consistently complaining prereq

Butler is somewhere complaining to somebody right now.

• Like 2

I used to be a huge Harden fan but I have to agree. He always seems more fired up during the regular season when he’s padding stats and screaming “two time MVP”, but when the playoffs come he shrinks and hurts his team. There’s nothing worse than playing with a ball hog.

Ball movement is one of the most important parts of the game, that’s why the old **** Spurs were able to beat the Miami Heat who had 3 superstars 

Who was it that said "just like the playoffs, James Harden didn't turn up tonight" at the awards?  He needs a medal

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Who was it that said "just like the playoffs, James Harden didn't turn up tonight" at the awards?  He needs a medal

Hasan Minhaj. Pretty good comedian

The Shaq bit of the awards did make me laugh. You guys see Birds aids dig at magic? 

If anyone should be complaining it’s not the Rockets it’s me for following the Pistons. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JSW said:

The Shaq bit of the awards did make me laugh. You guys see Birds aids dig at magic? 

If anyone should be complaining it’s not the Rockets it’s me for following the Pistons. 

What I saw that whole speech I didn't hear that at all 

No chit, people in the rest of the world watch that NBA awards show and Americans act like it'll give you AIDS through the screen??? Too funny. I don't know anybody that watches that stuff.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

No chit, people in the rest of the world watch that NBA awards show and Americans act like it'll give you AIDS through the screen??? Too funny. I don't know anybody that watches that stuff.

All the good sports are finished m8 and I have league pass til the end of the much.  I wanted to see Giannis' MVP speech. I got home from work about 5 mins before the tew GOATS got their awards,  I didn't sit through the whole thing lol

• Like 1

Ah ha! I can excuse that. I could watch Giannis. I just have no desire to watch a bunch of millionaires flaunt their wealth and act like they're comedians when they're collectively about as funny as a kidney stone.

6 hours ago, OzStraya said:

What I saw that whole speech I didn't hear that at all 

Someone pointed it out to me. Bird gets up says lifetime means we’ve been around too long certainly in magics case. Sounds like a aids joke. I’m sure they’re cool with each other it’s good to see the way they talk about each other with respect but still some trash talk. 

KD not taking the player option. Not that means anything he’d be better off taking the 5 year super max if he stays. But with Ig coming out about them behind the scenes and Klay also going down I hope KD goes. I actually would love to see him and Kyrie go to the Knicks 

33 minutes ago, JSW said:

KD not taking the player option. Not that means anything he’d be better off taking the 5 year super max if he stays. But with Ig coming out about them behind the scenes and Klay also going down I hope KD goes. I actually would love to see him and Kyrie go to the Knicks 

They're going to the Nets if they're going mate. Knicks ain't getting chit lol

15 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

They're going to the Nets if they're going mate. Knicks ain't getting chit lol

KD is out the year. Kyrie going to play 10 games and take 72 off for "load management" to make sure he doesn't get hurt again. Both come back healthy in 2021. Nets get the #1 pick in 2020. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bohemoglu13 said:

KD is out the year. Kyrie going to play 10 games and take 72 off for "load management" to make sure he doesn't get hurt again. Both come back healthy in 2021. Nets get the #1 pick in 2020. 

pas-sanja.gif

Edited by OzStraya
  • Like 1

so what do you guys think about Canada going all the way this year and sticking it to the 29 american teams, who are mostly black and can jump?

Fair play to Toronto.

But they win and their best player who’s final MVP will also then leave, when’s that ever happened before. 

Just twice both Jordan through retirements. 

kawhi aint going anywhere m8. i've been following basketball for like a month now so i know whats going on, and i swear this to be true. raptors for life baby!

Edited by -idyb-

Brooklyn did that thing where they buy themselves into relevancy for a few years again. They like to try that once a decade.

They'll get bounced in thr first round for a year or two, then they'll ship out Jordan. Then Kyrie will be crying, as usual, and he'll leave for Utah or something. They won't ever win a thing in Brooklyn.

@OzStraya

Would you like to admit I was right about Nikola Mirotic now? Guy is a bum. That's why he ran back to Euroleague. He can't cut the mustard in with the big boys.

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

@OzStraya

Would you like to admit I was right about Nikola Mirotic now? Guy is a bum. That's why he ran back to Euroleague. He can't cut the mustard in with the big boys.

He got injured this year and opted out of surgery.  He'll do a year over there and come back good.  But yeah he's no Doncic that's for sure