Sign in to follow this  
stehilton94

Post Mortum of McGregor vs Khabib, From an Irishman

So I have slept, I have got my head straight after being up until 8am and I have come to 2 conclusions.

1. Khabib could be the greatest MMA Fighter of all time, the only true test for Khabib I want to see is vs a top level wrestler, I see 1 winner in him vs Tony, I would rather someone like Lee, If Khabib dominates him, like I actually think is possible, he has got to be recognized as the greatest ever. The aftermath of the Conor fight is a sour moment in Khabib's legacy, but I honestly cannot see it take away from how amazing he truly was that night. And yes it hurts me to say that as an Irish man from Dublin who supported McGregor since Cage Warriors, but alas, I am an MMA fan first and always have been. I would honestly like Khabib to either sort out his weight cutting issues, we all know he still has them sadly, or move up and get the 165 belt, he could easily make that division his own.

2. In my opinion Conor McGregor will never be the same fighter he was. McGregor was a UFC fighter until maybe the Aldo fight, since then, he is just a Celebrity fighting in the UFC. Conor looked incredibly slow, sloppy, he offered little to nothing in terms of actual tactics. He pushed at Khabib, throwing wild kicks and punches and got destroyed as a result, this is not the same McGregor who waited on Aldo and used Aldo's weaknesses to his advantage, not the same McGregor who pieced Eddie up by timing his shots. This was a over egotistical McGregor who thought he was all of that when in reality, he is just a good fighter with an amazing ability to hype a fight. He did not look in ANYWAY prepared for that fight, he looked terrible both in physique and skill. Conor has aged about 10 years in 2. This will possibly annoy people thinking "oh look at the fanboy jump ship" but no, I can admit the truth, but I will still watch any fight McGregor takes part in and be like a kid at Christmas.

Edited by stehilton94
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, America said:

Why would Khabib move to a division that doesn't exsist?

If there was ever a reason to create a 165 division, it would be to see Khabib at a better level of fitness

12 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Khabib could be the greatest MMA Fighter of all time

The greatest MMA Fighter of all times doesn't get stuffed and then backed up by Dillon Danis

• Like 7

Just now, carnages said:

The greatest MMA Fighter of all times doesn't get stuffed and then backed up by Dillon Danis

He just went for 20 minutes, then adrenaline dumped himself to even get out of that cage, Dillion would get slaughtered by Khabib, did you not see Dillions debut on Bellator?

Just now, King_! said:

Conor will never be the same fighter he was?

Conor has never had a ground game.

He just got out struck on the feet by Khabib.... I stand by what I said

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

He just went for 20 minutes, then adrenaline dumped himself to even get out of that cage, Dillion would get slaughtered by Khabib, did you not see Dillions debut on Bellator?

I did, and what was wrong with it? He pulled gaurd and subbed his opponent immediately, if he gets mediocre boxing by his next fight he'll be better than Khabib

• Like 4

Spot on analysis on point #2.

MTP, Gaethje, and Ferguson gonna show Kebab what's up tho. He's a long way from being the GOAT imo opinion.

• Like 1

Conor's striking was also really bad,he was pawing at khabib with very little power.HE guessed a couple times hoping an Aldo repeat,hoping that Khabib's momentum moving in would be enough to land a KO uppercut but he wasn't even close.

He held the fence with his toes for about 30 secs,he grabbed the glove several times,he kneed Khabib when down,he really was stretching to be relevant.

Ok now the gut feeling part and i base this on a hunch that i was right several times in the past.I said immediately that when the Gracie student was fighting Hendo he looked jacked,got too big too fast and sure enough he was busted.I said the same thing BEFORE the UFC about Reem because he kept losing to Bojarski and he was looking to CHEAT his way past him so he began roiding.

Where am i going with this?Conor has absolutely NOTHING to lose now,i bet he turns to roids if not already on them "roid rage"because he wants to beat khabib that badly and will risk it all to do it.This has happened several times over the years,including even Jones.I can predict when Jones began roiding,right around the time he fought that deaf wrestler,he was skinny,weak cardio and figured he didn't feel he could be a champ with that build.

My gut yet again says Conor does not fight Khabib clean in their next fight and yes there will be a next.A longshot or maybe not so long,Khabib just wants to have his belt awarded to him then he leaves the UFC for good and fights only in Russia or another org.Mousassi versus Khabib would be MASSIVE,Coker should be on the phone right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, stehilton94 said:

So I have slept, I have got my head straight after being up until 8am and I have come to 2 conclusions.

1. Khabib could be the greatest MMA Fighter of all time, the only true test for Khabib I want to see is vs a top level wrestler, I see 1 winner in him vs Tony, I would rather someone like Lee, If Khabib dominates him, like I actually think is possible, he has got to be recognized as the greatest ever. The aftermath of the Conor fight is a sour moment in Khabib's legacy, but I honestly cannot see it take away from how amazing he truly was that night. And yes it hurts me to say that as an Irish man from Dublin who supported McGregor since Cage Warriors, but alas, I am an MMA fan first and always have been. I would honestly like Khabib to either sort out his weight cutting issues, we all know he still has them sadly, or move up and get the 165 belt, he could easily make that division his own.

2. In my opinion Conor McGregor will never be the same fighter he was. McGregor was a UFC fighter until maybe the Aldo fight, since then, he is just a Celebrity fighting in the UFC. Conor looked incredibly slow, sloppy, he offered little to nothing in terms of actual tactics. He pushed at Khabib, throwing wild kicks and punches and got destroyed as a result, this is not the same McGregor who waited on Aldo and used Aldo's weaknesses to his advantage, not the same McGregor who pieced Eddie up by timing his shots. This was a over egotistical McGregor who thought he was all of that when in reality, he is just a good fighter with an amazing ability to hype a fight. He did not look in ANYWAY prepared for that fight, he looked terrible both in physique and skill. Conor has aged about 10 years in 2. This will possibly annoy people thinking "oh look at the fanboy jump ship" but no, I can admit the truth, but I will still watch any fight McGregor takes part in and be like a kid at Christmas.

Well said mate 

Not sure for how many years I have been saying this but I will again, DC is the real GOAT.

thank you.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TwennyFo said:

Spot on analysis on point #2.

MTP, Gaethje, and Ferguson gonna show Kebab what's up tho. He's a long way from being the GOAT imo opinion.

I forgot about Gaethje. He would give Khabib the ****ing hands!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, fobar said:

Not sure for how many years I have been saying this but I will again, DC is the real GOAT.

thank you.

1. DC 

2. KHABIB

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

I will say this and I mean no disrespect ok ?

Conor shined against guys that presented to him a good match up.

Sorry m8.

I tend to agree to be honest, Nate was the first bad matchup and look what happened

If conor gets a rematch it will be a complete sham. Guys like poirer and Ferguson deserve it more than mcgregor. Hell even kevin lee deserves it more than mcgregor.

Khabib should outright refuse a rematch with conor for the simple fact that if conor had won, khabib wouldn't in a million years be getting a rematch.

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PunchBag said:

If conor gets a rematch it will be a complete sham. Guys like poirer and Ferguson deserve it more than mcgregor. Hell even kevin lee deserves it more than mcgregor.

Khabib should outright refuse a rematch with conor for the simple fact that if conor had won, khabib wouldn't in a million years be getting a rematch.

Conor doesn't deserve it, TFerg or winner of Poirer and Diaz should be next, that said, Khabib will no doubt accept that rematch, he just destroyed McGregor, why not make another huge amount of money for when he would consider easy work

1 hour ago, PunchBag said:

Conor wont want a rematch with Khabib simply because he knows he aint beating Khabib m8.

I still think Khabib will be a victim of baldy's way to make sure Conor is somehow on the spot light

.. you guys should also stop this nonsense that baldy wont give Conor whatever he wants.

Thats just silly. You guys are acting like you dont watch NewFC chit

Copig mechanisms...

I don't see two conclusions, I see two ways you've managed to warp reality to make the definite loss of your hero a bit more bearable.

1- let's now turn khabib into the next best thing of all time.

2- it's not the same Conor that I used to idolize.

None of which are backed by evidence, especially the second one, unless you're into circular thinking.  

3 minutes ago, Furiousmat said:

Copig mechanisms...

I don't see two conclusions, I see two ways you've managed to warp reality to make the definite loss of your hero a bit more bearable.

1- let's now turn khabib into the next best thing of all time.

2- it's not the same Conor that I used to idolize.

None of which are backed by evidence, especially the second one, unless you're into circular thinking.  

Lol. You're another one with a weird chip on their shoulder. I don't even remember you posting before this fight. 

You need to hang out with a few more of the Irish. Their coping mechanism is a couple of pints of Guinness. Not trying to 'warp reality '.

The haterz get weirder and more delusional every day. Stating that khabib is better than Conor is now a 'coping mechanism'. Lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol. You're another one with a weird chip on their shoulder. I don't even remember you posting before this fight. 

You need to hang out with a few more of the Irish. Their coping mechanism is a couple of pints of Guinness. Not trying to 'warp reality '.

The haterz get weirder and more delusional every day. Stating that khabib is better than Conor is now a 'coping mechanism'. Lol.

Mate, just look at his post to rep ratio, the guy is clearly a tosser 😂

• Like 1

I agree with most of what you're saying but it always tickles my angus when somebody gets beat and all the "day 1 doubters" come out. Not you specifically but he went 10 rounds with the best boxer of all time and 4 rounds with possibly the best grappler of all time and stole rounds from both of them. Something most boxers haven't done and something no MMA fighters have ever done. For people to say "he'll never be the same", he spent 2017 refining his boxing and 2018 refining his grappling. Logically, that was the best version of Conor we've seen, he was just up against the worst match up we've seen. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Mate, just look at his post to rep ratio, the guy is clearly a tosser 😂

His thanks: confused face ratio is also quite laughable. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I don't care much what you think Irish in general tend to do. I'm talking about the one i'm responding to. And the picture is quite clear. "Alright my hero lost but it's only because he's been pinned against some new force of nature".

Fact is, everyone (exclude fanboyz) always said that Conor would get smashed by top grapplers. Khabib been sitting in this division undefeated for this whole time McGregor was fast-tracked to the title and could've always smooshed him from day one. That's what this posts is attempting to dodge: mcgregor was never the legit champ in this div, his dual belts achievement is  complete makebelieve and that's got nothing to do with him having supposedly aged 10 years in 2 and now being over the hill. What we saw this weekend is the state oofMcGregor's skills and physical condition in what is actually his prime. 

14 minutes ago, Furiousmat said:

I don't care much what you think Irish in general tend to do. I'm talking about the one i'm responding to. And the picture is quite clear. "Alright my hero lost but it's only because he's been pinned against some new force of nature".

Fact is, everyone (exclude fanboyz) always said that Conor would get smashed by top grapplers. Khabib been sitting in this division undefeated for this whole time McGregor was fast-tracked to the title and could've always smooshed him from day one. That's what this posts is attempting to dodge: mcgregor was never the legit champ in this div, his dual belts achievement is  complete makebelieve and that's got nothing to do with him having supposedly aged 10 years in 2 and now being over the hill. What we saw this weekend is the state oofMcGregor's skills and physical condition in what is actually his prime. 

My hero? Nah, a guy from my country lost, as opposed to a guy not from my country. Be like the English when Bisping loses, he is one of their own, we support our own no matter what, its called national pride. **** cares if he is good or not. I support my national team, they couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag, but I will ****ing sing at the top of my lungs when they are playing.  I never stated McGregor would beat Khabib, in fact I stated the complete opposite, many times, McGregor had the chance to win if he caught Khabib early, it didn't happen, it went exactly like me and many others thought, still doesn't change the fact McGregor is Irish, and we support our own, simple as that. Khabib now has his rightful place in the top p4p rankings, no one is debating that.

You need to find someone to support and stick with them, stop sucking off who ever wins fights. My guys are still McGregor, Reyes, Katona, Burgos and Whittaker. No matter how many times they all win or lose I will support those fighters, simple

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

My hero? Nah, a guy from my country lost, as opposed to a guy not from my country. Be like the English when Bisping loses, he is one of their own, we support our own no matter what, its called national pride. **** cares if he is good or not. I support my national team, they couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag, but I will ****ing sing at the top of my lungs when they are playing.  I never stated McGregor would beat Khabib, in fact I stated the complete opposite, many times, McGregor had the chance to win if he caught Khabib early, it didn't happen, it went exactly like me and many others thought, still doesn't change the fact McGregor is Irish, and we support our own, simple as that. Khabib now has his rightful place in the top p4p rankings, no one is debating that.

You need to find someone to support and stick with them, stop sucking off who ever wins fights. My guys are still McGregor, Reyes, Katona, Burgos and Whittaker. No matter how many times they all win or lose I will support those fighters, simple

My years on the fora have led me to believe that the way we follow sports is very different this side of the Atlantic. The idea of shrugging your shoulders and saying ah well, the better man won is seemingly an anathema. 

• Like 1

Conor looked like garbage but his "legacy" is only done if he wants it to be done. He could recover by becoming the standard humble fighter. People love a redemption story, but with 100 million in the bank I can't blame him for giving up. I barely have any motivation and I'm broke

As soon as Conor started his walk out, I knew something wasn't right.  He didn't have the same look or swagger to him.  Now, that may not mean anything at all, but it is what it is.  As others have pointed out, his footwork wasn't nearly the same, which trickled down to everything else.  Is he done? Was it the two year lay off? Time will tell.  Khabib was obviously the better man Saturday night and congratulations to him & his fans. 

Rogan's podcast interview with Kavanagh is a good one if you haven't seen/heard it yet.  It certainly doesn't sound like Conor is going anywhere.  I'm interested to see him fight again, now that he has one under his belt after such a long lay off.  Does he deserve a rematch? Eh, that's not for me to decide.  I'd personally like to see him have a "tune up" before hand (if it happens), but I doubt that happens as well.

16 minutes ago, f00kin said:

As soon as Conor started his walk out, I knew something wasn't right.  He didn't have the same look or swagger to him.  Now, that may not mean anything at all, but it is what it is.  As others have pointed out, his footwork wasn't nearly the same, which trickled down to everything else. 

Apparently something happened in the back before he came out, Jon Anik was talking about it on a podcast. He didn't specify what went down but he said McGregor was involved

• Like 1