Sign in to follow this  
bostoncrab

how can mcgregor demand a rematch, he needs to earn one by beating someone else!

Already mcgregor is asking for a rematch, and he will most likley get it, before any other fighters who deserve a title shot before him

did anyone see how dana white didnt want to let khabib get the belt and hold it in the ring? I think his excuse was "people will get mad and throw stuff""

if I was a fighter at the UFC, I would be thinking twice about it because there is favoritism if mcgregor doesnt EARN a rematch by fighting someone before the khabib rematch

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1) Conor hasn't demanded a rematch.  

2) Dana had reason to be concerned, it was chaos.  You make it sound like he was intentionally denying Khabib his moment.

3) Considering Conor makes the company the most money, he gets special treatment.  The same as any work environment, you make the money, you get special rules.  

• Like 5

Just now, sobercuban said:

They're all Vert.  

They might as well be because in my head everytime a new name pops up I think it's vert lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sobercuban said:

I just tweeted vert and told him to make an alt

Even if he only has you on Twitter he has more followers than Brian.

Also, please don't do that chit.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The only reason a rematch would happen is if they think they can trick people into thinking Conor can win again. Conor is already hinting at a rematch on Twitter but it makes zero sense because he's a contender that got finished, it would be like giving Darren Till a rematch.

Edited by Yesterdays_Hero
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, America said:

Even if he only has you on Twitter he has more followers than Brian.

Also, please don't do that chit.

I'm not even following him, but he's got 9 followers, so he's crushing Brian

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

2) Dana had reason to be concerned, it was chaos.  You make it sound like he was intentionally denying Khabib his moment.

3) Considering Conor makes the company the most money, he gets special treatment.  The same as any work environment, you make the money, you get special rules.  

he had no real concern, he got what he want and thats more eyes and people wanting a rematch lol

EVERYONE that wants to make money wins OP.  Conor is paying the UFC's bills right now

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, carnages said:

THE DOUBLE CHAMP DOES WHAT THE FOOK HE WANTS

Trooof, Cormier can do it all 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fobar said:

he had no real concern, he got what he want and thats more eyes and people wanting a rematch lol

EVERYONE that wants to make money wins OP.  Conor is paying the UFC's bills right now

He didn't want to be responsible for a drunken riot.  But I agree, Conor is driving the #s like no other.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sobercuban said:

He didn't want to be responsible for a drunken riot.  But I agree, Conor is driving the #s like no other.  

then he should have either (a) not allow things to get out of hands with the promotion and (b) paid for proper security at an event he knew would probably get out of hand because of said promotion.  that was all on the UFC 

1 hour ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

The only reason a rematch would happen is if they think they can trick people into thinking Conor can win again. Conor is already hinting at a rematch on Twitter but it makes zero sense because he's a contender that got finished, it would be like giving Darren Till a rematch.

well then how did conor get a title shot right away after a 2 year absence from fighting? Were there not more people fighting and competing for a title shot during this 2 year period?

yes, yes there were. but somehow mcgregor jump the line, infront of everyone, sure, everyone wanted to see the fight and khabib defended his title,  and he could have killed conor if the ref didnt pull his hands off, it took mcgregor some time to recover. But if mcgregor gets a rematch without fighting someone else first to earn a shot? then something a very wrong

30 minutes ago, fobar said:

yes but that means the UFC is not a true sport and is moving more towards a WWE way of doing business, just give the people what they want, forget about the fighters who deserve a chance.

its like giving the world series to a team that didnt win the playoffs to get to the world series  a chance at the title just because the people want to see that rematch and letting the team that won go home.

1 hour ago, sobercuban said:

1) he has

Conor McGregor CONFIRMS rematch after Khabib 'FRIENDS' jump in cage, PUNCH him from behind

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/ufc/1027950/Conor-McGregor-Khabib-UFC-229

2) dana is already talking about stripping khabib belt and suspending him

Nurmagomedov expected to be STRIPPED of belt and SUSPENDED from UFC

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ufc/734812/McGregor-vs-Khabib-Nurmagomedov-expected-STRIPPED-belt-SUSPENDED-UFC-229

3) so since conor makes they most money forget about anyone who deserves a shot. even though clearly conor is washed up, 2 years without fighting and hes coming back huffing and puffing and tapping out yet he deserves ANOTHER shot at the title after he didnt defend it and didnt fight for 2 years? oh yeah, and dont give the belt to khabib in the ring? What do other UFC fighters thing about this favortism?

Edited by bostoncrab

3 minutes ago, bostoncrab said:

well then how did conor get a title shot right away after a 2 year absence from fighting? Were there not more people fighting and competing for a title shot during this 2 year period?

yes, yes there were. but somehow mcgregor jump the line, infront of everyone, sure, everyone wanted to see the fight and khabib defended his title,  and he could have killed conor if the ref didnt pull his hands off, it took mcgregor some time to recover.

yes but that means the UFC is not a true sport and is moving more towards a WWE way of doing business, just give the people what they want, forget about the fighters who deserve a chance.

its like giving the world series to a team that didnt win the playoffs to get to the world series  a chance at the title just because the people want to see that rematch and letting the team that won go home.

1) he has

Conor McGregor CONFIRMS rematch after Khabib 'FRIENDS' jump in cage, PUNCH him from behind

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ufc/734812/McGregor-vs-Khabib-Nurmagomedov-expected-STRIPPED-belt-SUSPENDED-UFC-229

3) so since conor makes they most money forget about anyone who deserves a shot. thats a great spot

His title shot could be justified by the fact that there were 3 people claiming to be the LW champ, now it is just Khabib and Tony because Conor tapped like he always does when put under pressure

Edited by Yesterdays_Hero
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bostoncrab said:

you must be new here, welcome to the UFC they give no fooks about any fighter apart from the money maker

2 minutes ago, fobar said:

you must be new here, welcome to the UFC they give no fooks about any fighter apart from the money maker

so how DOES a fighter earn a title shot? is there racism is the UFC like the WWE? The WWE has never had a black heavy weight champion for as long as I rememeber.

the fact that dana white didnt want to give khabib the belt makes it seem like he has a thing against muslims

Just now, bostoncrab said:

so how DOES a fighter earn a title shot? is there racism is the UFC like the WWE? The WWE has never had a black heavy weight champion for as long as I rememeber.

the fact that dana white didnt want to give khabib the belt makes it seem like he has a thing against muslims

follow Conor's lead about be a terrible example is the best way these days.  don't start with racism lol

16 minutes ago, bostoncrab said:

The Rock- Booker T both multiple times wwe champions. VERT alts dont have to be more reatrded than your old account

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, fobar said:

then he should have either (a) not allow things to get out of hands with the promotion and (b) paid for proper security at an event he knew would probably get out of hand because of said promotion.  that was all on the UFC 

okay

55 minutes ago, bostoncrab said:

3) so since conor makes they most money forget about anyone who deserves a shot. even though clearly conor is washed up, 2 years without fighting and hes coming back huffing and puffing and tapping out yet he deserves ANOTHER shot at the title after he didnt defend it and didnt fight for 2 years? oh yeah, and dont give the belt to khabib in the ring? What do other UFC fighters thing about this favortism?

1) both of your sources are British tabloids.  LMAO.  No giant font size is going to make them credible.  You obviously didn't read either article considering the one about the "confirmed" rematch says nothing about a rematch being confirmed.  LITERALLY, the only thing Conor said was "looking forward to the rematch", which is not a confirmation that an immediate rematch is happening.  And there is nothing, whatsoever, to support Conor is demanding anything.  

2) It's in the hands of the athletic commission, not Dana.  You do know that, right?  The article quotes some BBC Sports guy (Nick Peet) as saying that Khabib could be suspended and/or stripped.  

3) Show me where I said he should get a shot rather than someone else.  I'll wait.  I'm not even going to address that strawman ****.  

4) If you're going to just run to google and grab the first article that seems to support your argument, you should at least read them .  

6 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Conor,,,,the gift that keeps on giving

yYwChyN.jpg

how about

THE UFC, holding back talent is the name of our game? thats all thats going on here, dana and conor are holding back UFC talent as they keep pushing mcGregor on everyone

Edited by bostoncrab
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bostoncrab said:

how about

THE UFC, holding back talent is the name of our game? thats all thats going on here, dana and conor are holding back UFC talent as they keep pushing mcGregor on everyone

Conor is a cash cow, just like Ronda was...they are milking whomever they have to keep the PPV's up, that's the game...that's business. They're a privately owned organization, they make the rules for the fighters...don't like it leave. Unlike other large sports organizations a controlling body dictates players rights, when the union moves in the sport will change drastically...and probably not for the better.

It is all about the money. The UFC is a fight promotion and a corporation and as such their primary goal is to make money. If Ferguson can sell the fight they will make that fight happen. 

10 minutes ago, freedom said:

It is all about the money. The UFC is a fight promotion and a corporation and as such their primary goal is to make money. If Ferguson can sell the fight they will make that fight happen. 

Vert alt number 2098

conor doesnt need to earn title shots. he brings in the money.  thats why the ufc gave him a title shot at 155 after going 1-1 (arguably 0-2) against nate diaz at 170 lbs when hes never even competed at lightweight prior to fighting eddie for the title

conor got smashed the other night. nothing controversial at all about that one sided fight from start to finish. there is no reason for a rematch to happen, other than potential revenue.  but with the new ufc, we all know money is all that matters, which is why the rematch will happen first and foremost, while tony, and everybody else whos actually competed to get to the top gets screwed.

Edited by -idyb-

I saw him with Helwani, on UFC Tonight, they had the Embedded crew with him, he did a couple press conferences...

No media?

If i'd just paid $4.2 billion for a company trust me, my ONLY concern would be how to maximise revenue, lol.

At some point McGregor's star will fade and he'll stop drawing the record numbers but until then, what Conor wants, Conor gets

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TwennyFo said:

If i'd just paid $4.2 billion for a company trust me, my ONLY concern would be how to maximise revenue, lol.

At some point McGregor's star will fade and he'll stop drawing the record numbers but until then, what Conor wants, Conor gets

It's a win win. The UFC keeps making money and we keep getting to see Conor get stomped

• Haha 1

John Kavanagh was on JRE earlier, he gave some good insights without really asking the question on everyone's lips "Why Conor Sucked".

He suggested that Khabib should not be harshly punished for what happened after the fight and that he understands what happened, he also said Danis did not say anything after the fight, which I agree with, the video clearly shows that, but that Danis is a troll on Twitter or what ever. John did say that the 3 who attacked Conor in the octagon, and in particular the one from behind should be punished.

John suggests that Conor wants the rematch badly, that Conor knows where he went wrong and that he could see the rematch happening but would not step in the way of TFerg and would be open to other fights.

Conor is expecting another baby around Christmas so will likely return by March. John also went on to praise Khabib for the monster he is, suggesting that no amount of training can prepare you for the real deal and that the overhand shot he hit Conor with was one of the hardest shots Conor has taken and he took it because they just did not expect it.

If anyone ever listens to John you will see he is the complete opposite of Conor, he is a kind and gentle man with incredible intelligence and is very positive towards past and future opponents.

Edited by stehilton94
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

John Kavanagh was on JRE earlier, he gave some good insights without really asking the question on everyone's lips "Why Conor Sucked".

He suggested that Khabib should not be harshly punished for what happened after the fight and that he understands what happened, he also said Danis did not say anything after the fight, which I agree with, the video clearly shows that, but that Danis is a troll on Twitter or what ever. John did say that the 3 who attacked Conor in the octagon, and in particular the one from behind should be punished.

John suggests that Conor wants the rematch badly, that Conor knows where he went wrong and that he could see the rematch happening but would not step in the way of TFerg and would be open to other fights.

Conor is expecting another baby around Christmas so will likely return by March. John also went on to praise Khabib for the monster he is, suggesting that no amount of training can prepare you for the real deal and that the overhand shot he hit Conor with was one of the hardest shots Conor has taken and he took it because they just did not expect it.

If anyone ever listens to John you will see he is the complete opposite of Conor, he is a kind and gentle man which incredible intelligence and is very positive towards past and future opponents.

First of all, Im not a fan of either guy but I do believe Conor was not 100% ready for this fight mentally.

He overlooked Khabib's striking (got knocked down) and could not hit Khabib with clean shots as he expected. It seemed to me that Conor's plan was just to throw punches and acted like he was gonna finish Khabib easily.

If a rematch happens I think we will see a whole different scenario.

1 minute ago, skillandpower said:

First of all, Im not a fan of either guy but I do believe Conor was not 100% ready for this fight mentally.

He overlooked Khabib's striking (got knocked down) and could not hit Khabib with clean shots as he expected. It seemed to me that Conor's plan was just to throw punches and acted like he was gonna finish Khabib easily.

If a rematch happens I think we will see a whole different scenario.

I am not making excuses, Khabib won, but apparently Conor only found out 10 weeks before fight it was going to happen and that is when training started, that is a stupidly small amount of time to prepare for Khabib if you ask me. If a rematch does happen, I only see 1 winner though, Khabib, I just don't see how Conor can deal with the ground game Khabib has

1 minute ago, stehilton94 said:

I am not making excuses, Khabib won, but apparently Conor only found out 10 weeks before fight it was going to happen and that is when training started, that is a stupidly small amount of time to prepare for Khabib if you ask me. If a rematch does happen, I only see 1 winner though, Khabib, I just don't see how Conor can deal with the ground game Khabib has

Yeah but I still believe Conor can catch Khabib.

Lets not forget also that Conor's last MMA fight was in Nov 2016

3 minutes ago, America said:

Lol excuses.

Why do you bother being part of a forum is you have no interest in discussion but rather suck fighters ****s to the point you post pointless bollox like this?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Why do you bother being part of a forum is you have no interest in discussion but rather suck fighters ****s to the point you post pointless bollox like this?

You're making excuses for McGregor then following it up with a positive about Khabib to make it look like you're not making excuses. There's nothing to discuss there. You're basically trying to justify a rematch by saying "oh, well Conor was X,Y,Z" 

8 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Why have friendly discourse, when you can be a jerkoff for self serving attention ?...it checks all the boxes for some people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, America said:

You're making excuses for McGregor then following it up with a positive about Khabib to make it look like you're not making excuses. There's nothing to discuss there. You're basically trying to justify a rematch by saying "oh, well Conor was X,Y,Z" 

19 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

If a rematch does happen, I only see 1 winner though, Khabib, I just don't see how Conor can deal with the ground game Khabib has

Maybe you should learn to ****ing read, like seriously, I am completely stating that Khabib wins the fight no matter what, stop talking **** and actually type something constructive for once

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stehilton94 said:

Maybe you should learn to ****ing read, like seriously, I am completely stating that Khabib wins the fight no matter what, stop talking **** and actually type something constructive for once

I included the positive about Khabib to make it look like you're not making excuses when you actually are. So it was noted, I'll also not that at the beginning you said "Not making excuses" so that must make it true.

1 minute ago, America said:

I included the positive about Khabib to make it look like you're not making excuses when you actually are. So it was noted, I'll also not that at the beginning you said "Not making excuses" so that must make it true.

24 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

As in this? This is not an excuse, this is Conor being stupid, he knew damn ****ing well he was going to be fighting Khabib, why on earth he only started training for him when he found out the fight was happening is stupid. An excuse would me being saying Conor lost because he didnt have time to train, no, Conor lost because Khabib kicked his ****ing **** in every aspect of the fight, stop trying to twist words to make yourself look smart, America your clearly just a **** with an axe to grind so you post pointless arguments on Forums, we get it, you have a small penis, you deal with those issues

"Conor only found out 10 weeks before the fight that he was fighting Khabib which is a small amount of time to train for someone like Khabib"

Preceeded by, I'm not making excuses, but....

You're making excuses, it's up to you to accept that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, America said:

"Conor only found out 10 weeks before the fight that he was fighting Khabib which is a small amount of time to train for someone like Khabib"

Preceeded by, I'm not making excuses, but....

You're making excuses, it's up to you to accept that. 

Yep, axe to grind and a small penis confirmed

• Like 2