Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

The Storm Isn't Settled Over The Lightweight Divison

Well for a long time the Lightweight belt was in a state of flux held between three different fighters. For over a year now there hasn't been a clear cut champion.

Conor McGregor - The champ champ took the belt off former champion Eddie Alvarez in November of 2016 but never defended it.

PRO's: Beat the champion to take the belt

CON's: No Defences

Khabib Nurmagomedov - The undefeated Russian beat last minute replacement Al Iaquinta to be crowned the new Lightweight champ.

PRO's: Undefeated

CON's: Didn't beat a top contender for the belt

Tony Ferguson - Then you have Ferguson who is now riding an 11 fight winning streak and was crowned the Interim Lightweight champ.

PRO's: 11 fight winning streak

CON's: Stripped of interim belt due to injury

With Khabib taking out Conor at the weekend this should have laid a clear path to Nurmagomedov vs. Ferguson to finally end all questions on who the best 155 in the world is. But after the debacle after the fight it could potentially be thrown back in to flux again with predictions for Khabib's punishment ranging from a potential 10% fine ($200,000) to a 6 -12 month suspension. To which Dana has already said “If he gets suspended, it depends on how long his suspension is and yeah, he’s probably going to get stripped if it’s a long suspension.” Meaning any plans of a showdown between Khabib and Tony will be potentially be cancelled for a fifth time.

Do you think Khabib will be suspended? If yes how long?

Khabib didn't beat a top contender for the belt... WHO GIVES A CHIT?  He just embarrassed the drunken clown that held the title before him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Khabib didn't beat a top contender for the belt... WHO GIVES A CHIT?  He just embarrassed the drunken clown that held the title before him.

Did you read the whole thing?

I literally start the second paragraph with that.

The UFC constantly finds innovative new ways to do the wrong thing and make a mockery of any semblance of merit-based title shots.  So I reckon this is what happens:-

Khabib gets no suspension/short suspension - Khabib v Conor II for the LW belt.

Khabib gets a lengthy suspension and Nate wins - Conor v Nate III for the vacant LW belt after they strip Khabib.

Btw, this is all Frankie Edgar's fault.  The LW picture was clear cut and awesome before he turned up and dragged us into a series of endless 5 round rematches.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Your angry obsession with Conor has gotten very strange.

• Like 2

Poirer, diaz, lee, ferguson

any of those will make another great fight. Plenty of top tlaent for Khabib to beat since he kind of missed them all on his climb to the top.

I can see him being suspended up to a year, but who knows. It can go so many other routes because I believe they need to look at this situation deeper than him just jumping over the cage. 

Lol at him being suspended. This is $$$$$ for the UFC. An actual thug doing thug chit instead of just yapping about it. Dana white is cumming in his pants. 

4 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

The UFC constantly finds innovative new ways to do the wrong thing and make a mockery of any semblance of merit-based title shots.  So I reckon this is what happens:-

Khabib gets no suspension/short suspension - Khabib v Conor II for the LW belt.

Khabib gets a lengthy suspension and Nate wins - Conor v Nate III for the vacant LW belt after they strip Khabib.

Btw, this is all Frankie Edgar's fault.  The LW picture was clear cut and awesome before he turned up and dragged us into a series of endless 5 round rematches.

This

Fook Conor and fook a suspension.  Give him a fat fine, and hook him up to defend against T Ferg.

19 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Fook Conor and fook a suspension.  Give him a fat fine, and hook him up to defend against T Ferg.

Defend what, m8 ?

On 10/8/2018 at 5:22 AM, Jolldan said:

Dana has already said “If he gets suspended, it depends on how long his suspension is and yeah, he’s probably going to get stripped if it’s a long suspension.” 

Total doochbaggery nozzle bullshiit from fukkhead Baldy

Edited by Bwana
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 9:11 AM, cashfl0w said:

Your angry obsession with Conor has gotten very strange.

You used to hate on him more than anybody!  lol I knew you were always a fanboy.

You picked against him in every fight including Eddie Alvarez who absolutely sucks.  The exception being that Nate Diaz was going to get killed in the first fight.

Edited by PlatinumClegg
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

You used to hate on him more than anybody!  lol I knew you were always a fanboy.

You picked against him in every fight including Eddie Alvarez who absolutely sucks.  The exception being that Nate Diaz was going to get killed in the first fight.

Cashflow is a fan of the FIGHTER, he was hoping for a double knockout

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Yeah and in his defense he was only Comber's #2 hater here a couple of years ago.  I forgot about 12er.

My esteemed colleague Cashflow was never a Conor hater; he was a Cole hater, and Cole was the most annoying fan of any fighter in the world ever, so it was entirely justified.

There are levels to this ****.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

I was traveling to Conor fights before he even had the belt. lol

Doesn't change your predictions of him losing to all the bums that took a dive.  It also does not change you saying and quote "Even Vegas knows this fight is stupid." regarding Conor vs Nate where you said Conor would smoke him.

And he did until Nate got lucky. He has successfully smashed up Nate's face for about six rounds, and Nate has about two good punches landed in that time.