Sign in to follow this  
Kmendoza95

Mcgregor has called Dana about rematch

It would be the biggest sham in UFC history when u have guys like ferguson and porier with huge win streaks putting on entertaining fights. Even Kevin Lee deserves it more than mcgregor.

I dont think Khabib will accept a rematch. I don't think he even should consider it.

• Like 2

Everybody forget what kebab said before the fight? He wants to beat conor & retire, guy earned 2 million....assuming they cant withold his money because of what happened, they may take a money fine out of his packet? Guy lives in Russia, its probably worth 5 times as much over there. 

Did khabib get ppv points as well?

As for mcnugget,  why on earth would they let the challenger, who lost handily, get an immediate rematch being 2-2 in his last 4 fights.

I know the UFC is a joke when it comes to titles and all, but this would be beyond retarded from a sport stance. Great for making money, but makes the sport look like its Mickey Mouse bull****.

WWE has less scripted title fights for **** sakes.

Whos to say the ufc wont bury kebob, dana is great mates with trump, he even got that idiot Colby into the oval office lol he can get someone a visa if he wants, he could see to it that kebob never gets back into the usa, strip him of the title, overturn the decision & have conor fight t-ferg for the title, hoping he does better against him, hes definitely a much better matchup for colin.

1 hour ago, PunchBag said:

It would be the biggest sham in UFC history when u have guys like ferguson and porier with huge win streaks putting on entertaining fights. Even Kevin Lee deserves it more than mcgregor.

I dont think Khabib will accept a rematch. I don't think he even should consider it.

I GOAT like you should know better, m8. If Conor really wants it he will get it.

... and why would Khabib pass a bunch of $$ not to smash Conor again ?

I dont think Conor will get an IMMEDIATE rematch because he is smart. He knows about the possibilities of Khabib losing against Lee or Ferg.

He will wait. Probably do the trilogy with Nate then yeah pursuit a rematch with Khabib IF KHABIB IS THE CHAMP STILL (which I think he will be anyways).

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDelta said:

No rematch not now.

Kabib vs Furg

Conor vs winner of Diaz and Dustin

Then one more win for Conor then he can start asking

This makes sense

I think it's the last ditch effort of a clown who knows his only chance at retaining any kind of credibility for his own brand is to get that rematch and win it. Even if he would probably get mauled the exact same way again. Conor is hoping to get a rematch (which, you'll notice, would be two losses in a row that he's given a chance to avenge right away even as it disturbs the course for a division's title) because it gives him another roll of the dice on his puncher's chance.

I mean just think about it. What's the future of McGregor's character after a devastating loss like that? Play it like Sonnen? Just act clownish during fight promotion and hope that the sheer entertainment value of your trash talk will carry the sales even though nobody believes you can back it up anymore? His only way out of the ridicule is to get to avenge that loss.

At this point since leaving the FW division (to which he probably can't cut anymore), McGregor is 2-2, and 0-1 in boxing. That means since he left his FW belt undefended to go on his trips, people have seen him lose more often than win. How much longer do you think his arrogant antics can carry him.

8 minutes ago, Furiousmat said:

McGregor is 2-2, and 0-1 in boxing. That means since he left his FW belt undefended to go on his trips, people have seen him lose more often than win. How much longer do you think his arrogant antics can carry him.

Conor is the King of the UFC, like it or not,,,win or lose, he's never been in a boring fight.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Conor is the King of the UFC, like it or not,,,win or lose, he's never been in a boring fight.

well except for the one two days ago....

2 minutes ago, carnages said:

well except for the one two days ago....

Win or lose, few people would say that was a boring fight....lot of energy leading up to the bout, and the fight delivered.

I've paid for a hell of a lot worse that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, America said:

Lol, no he wont.

Lee is strong as fuk, and a great ground game...he won't get taken down as easily as CMG. Good hands, good speed, hits hard.

Yes, he'll give Khabib a good fight...might even win IMHO

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guess what... guys would rather fight conor and get paid more than fight khabib.. 

even ferg in the post-fight show was asking for mcgregor saying he didnt care whos next, meanwhile his past 5 fights all he talked about beforehand was the title LEL

The green on money is more enticing than the gold on that belt

• Like 3

Even if Dana said yes to an immediate rematch it would be extremely foolish for Conor to take it.  As a Conor fan, I feel like he's compare this loss to the Diaz loss and is going to believe he can come back and get it done.  But at this point, Conor needs to crush a can or two and then see how the title picture pans out.  

I don't want to see Conor spend the rest of his career only doing money fights even if they make zero sense (like fighting Woodley, GSP or Silva).  I want to see him try and regain a title (either FW or LW) , not go after some other division.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shkrelz said:

Guess what... guys would rather fight conor and get paid more than fight khabib.. 

even ferg in the post-fight show was asking for mcgregor saying he didnt care whos next, meanwhile his past 5 fights all he talked about beforehand was the title LEL

The green on money is more enticing than the gold on that belt

Yeah I noticed this too, Tony kept mentioning McGregors name and not really Khabib's, its interesting to see how huge of a draw Conor actually is, even if he CLEARLY is not the best fighter

1 minute ago, Bwana said:

Lee is strong as fuk, and a great ground game...he won't get taken down as easily as CMG. Good hands, good speed, hits hard.

The guy lost to a real estate agent, then choked in the biggest fight of his career. Lee doesn't have the heart to be a champion.

3 minutes ago, America said:

The guy lost to a real estate agent, then choked in the biggest fight of his career. Lee doesn't have the heart to be a champion.

3 minutes ago, America said:

“Lee doesn’t have the heart to be a champion.” Speak for yourself 

• Like 1

Al is the real deal. IDK why everyone chits on him. He's a much better fighter than people give him cred for. He doesn't always fight the smartest but he's hell for anyone when he brings his A game. 

Lee needs to beat another top contender IMO before he deserves a shot. Stylistically i do think he can pose some problems for Khabib but i think Khabib beats him everywhere even standing because Lee isn't a KO artist and his best skill ( top GnP .) he's not gonna be able to do that against Khabib and i very srsly doubt he can handle the pace. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

Lee is going to knock Khabib down on the feet, mount him, and pound the life out of him.

I'll bet my account on that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bwana said:

Hits hard? Where? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Hits hard? Where? 

I didn't mean 1 punch KO power, but definitely solid striking game that allows his take downs to happen,,,Jake Mathews & Barboza are examples,,,and the Ferguson was a close match considering his staph infection issues, not making excuses. But he gave Tony all he could handle, and a healthy Lee would make for an interesting rematch...he out stuck and took him down 3 times.

• Like 1

Just now, Bwana said:

I didn't mean 1 punch KO power, but definitely solid striking game that allows his take downs to happen,,,Jake Mathews & Barboza are examples,,,and the Ferguson was a close match considering his staph infection issues, not making excuses. But he gave Tony all he could handle, and a healthy Lee would make for an interesting rematch...he out stuck and took him down 3 times.

Ferguson is garbage and Khabib laid the groundwork on how to beat Barboza. He stood with Barboza and almost died. I'm not rehashing this chit again because people have eyes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Ferguson is garbage and Khabib laid the groundwork on how to beat Barboza. He stood with Barboza and almost died. I'm not rehashing this chit again because people have eyes. 

My original point was that Lee will give Khabib a good fight, probably better than what we watched at 229....will he win., probably not,,,but it's MMA he could.

• Like 1

This isn’t a side show like 170lb Nate or Mayweather.

Conor was decisively beaten by the division champion. 

The only way McGregor recovers his hype is if he works his way back into contention and then beats Khabib. Until then his numbers are going down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Dana can't afford for McGregor to get destroyed twice in a row

I wouldn't be so sure.  He let him go straight from getting his *** whipped by Floyd to getting his *** whipped by Khabib.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just got off the phone with Dana, he agreed to my rule changes for the rematch

Drake and I will be laughing front row in the next one!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

This isn’t a side show like 170lb Nate or Mayweather.

Conor was decisively beaten by the division champion. 

The only way McGregor recovers his hype is if he works his way back into contention and then beats Khabib. Until then his numbers are going down.

doubt it. he could just start throwing some more dollys around and they could promote the footage a little harder the next time around

10 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I think Tony gets his shot at Khabib unless there is a long suspension.

I think that's the fight that needs to happen next finally. No other fight makes sense. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Conor face Pettis next.  Winner fights winner of N8 & Dustin

Maybe give Lee an Al rematch, or have him fight Gaethje or Eddie to set-up another contender

• Like 1

Would be a better fight with Conor having at least one win before a rematch.

It doesn't quite work the same as the Nate fight.

Against Nate the first time

• He had great success on the feet out striking Nate
  • At times looked to have the ponetial to finish Nate
  • Looked to be on course to a victory until he gassed.

Now none of those things happened in the Khabib fight so while I would still easily watch it I don't think its as easy a sell as before.

Hmm. There are 2 reasons for a rematch, and one why it's ridiculous.

From a fight perspective, it's a no brainer.  It was not a close fight.  It was only Conor's second fight at LW, and there are a plethora of credible challengers for the LW belt.  It's ridiculous to even consider a rematch.  There's little evidence to suggest the outcome would be any different.

From a money/entertainment prespective, what title fight will make the most money? Khabib v Ferguson or Khabib v Conor II?  It's not even close.  They will sell 10x as many ppvs if Conor fights Khabib than any other viable challenger.  They've already got all the material they need to make one heck of a promo, regardless of DFW's supposed outrage.  It's another no-brainer.

And from a fora perspective....it's just a lot more fun on here when Conor fights.  Traffic doubles, sometimes even triples.  Alliances are forged, broken and forged anew.  No other fighter polarises the fora quite like Conor (unless it's prime Jones).  He needs to fight again.  He needs to fight Khabib.

So there we have it. 2-1 in favour of a rematch.  If the UFC was a pure meritocracy, then Conor's at least 3 fights away from fighting for a title.  But we all know that it never has been, and never will be.  If Khabib is not suspended, next fight is Khabib v Conor II.