Sign in to follow this  
sobercuban

UFC considering booking Cormier/Lewis for UFC 230 Main Event

Cormier vs Lewis  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• DC
    • The Black Beast

Man I hope they paid Lewis well for this one. Dude just had a three round fight where he admittedly said his cardio wasn't up to standard and took some heavy shots and now less than a month later you're giving him 5 rounds with DC.

Not saying results would be different but I doubt we get the best version of Lewis in this fight.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Man I hope they paid Lewis well for this one. Dude just had a three round fight where he admittedly said his cardio wasn't up to standard and took some heavy shots and now less than a month later you're giving him 5 rounds with DC.

Not saying results would be different but I doubt we get the best version of Lewis in this fight.

Vegas says it all -825

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I don't really get the argument that this is a bad match to make because TBB matches up horribly against DC. So what? He's earned his shot. Plus given that DC just koed the hw champion you could argue that Lewis has as good a chance as most heavyweights at the moment. 

No. Aaaand no.

He did NOT earn his spot. They needed someone to fight Cormier so they shoved the first candidate they could find in there. But one minute of fighting in the last 30 minutes of matches for him says he doesn't deserve a damn thing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

No. Aaaand no.

He did NOT earn his spot. They needed someone to fight Cormier so they shoved the first candidate they could find in there. But one minute of fighting in the last 30 minutes of matches for him says he doesn't deserve a damn thing.

Meh.  He's 9-1, on a 3 fight win streak.  He's not the most deserving of a shot, but not the least.  I mean at least he's coming off a win!

I don't have a problem with the match itself; more the way a match for the top belt in the UFC has been cobbled together in a last minute panic.

• Like 1

I don't see the point in this fight really. Didn't DC say he wants to fight twice more and then retire? Is this basically a snub of the nose to Jones? Is that all this really is?

I refuse to believe this sells a ton of tickets that are still sitting there. Sure, it sells more than the six tickets Valentina vs. Eubanks sold, but you could announce Megasoup vs. Me and do better than that.

• Like 1

It's certainly one of the more perplexing fights.  Suspect someone just got a bit giddy about Lewis' "Statistically biggest comeback" win that has been plastered all over MMA websites and thought they would cash in.  Suspect they will ultimately lose money on this though.

Gotta respect DC for taking the fight btw.  Could break his hand on Lewis' thick skull and blow his big pay-day with Brock. I guess he's being a company man.  I don't really see what he gains.

5 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

I don't see the point in this fight really. Didn't DC say he wants to fight twice more and then retire? Is this basically a snub of the nose to Jones? Is that all this really is?

I refuse to believe this sells a ton of tickets that are still sitting there. Sure, it sells more than the six tickets Valentina vs. Eubanks sold, but you could announce Megasoup vs. Me and do better than that.

Agreed. If he does only have 2 fights left, this is an easy way to

A.  Get an easy win and stay champ
B. End his career with a huge fight against Brock

If he fought Brock next and then still had one fight left, I don't know what match up would be left that would have any meaning for him other than Jones.

Also, would pay for the soup vs cash event. Not free streamz...I'd PAY!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Decompoze said:

Agreed. If he does only have 2 fights left, this is an easy way to

A.  Get an easy win and stay champ w/ just a wee bit o respectibility
B. End his career with a huge fight against Brock/ jeez, if he's near -900 vs Lewis, he'll close @ -4000 vs Brock

If he fought Brock next and then still had one fight left, I don't know what match up would be left that would have any meaning for him other than Jones.

Also, would pay for the soup vs cash event. Not free streamz...I'd PAY!

A few things to remember here.....

1. Cormier weighed more than stipe in title Fight.

2. Lewis eye was tatered by Sam's club drago.

3. DC Cant avoid the bbc he got caught by rumble and jones.

4. We need a "and new" post fight interview by Lewis 

• Like 1