Sign in to follow this  
sobercuban

UFC considering booking Cormier/Lewis for UFC 230 Main Event

Cormier vs Lewis  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• DC
    • The Black Beast

What happened to the supposed Jones v Gus that LayDownDead posted? Have to be honest I have no real interest in Cormier vs Lewis, way to easy of a fight for Cormier, Lewis will get taken down and tire in about 3 minutes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

What happened to the supposed Jones v Gus that LayDownDead posted? Have to be honest I have no real interest in Cormier vs Lewis, way to easy of a fight for Cormier, Lewis will get taken down and tire in about 3 minutes

he was full of ѕhite

• Like 2

Lewis w/ the horseshoes no-more, .. back to reality/ Cormier  -500     -900/ vegas just posted

tenor.gif?itemid=7853496

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 2

Just now, sobercuban said:

he was full of ѕhite

Whats your opinion on Lewis vs Cormier? Am I wrong in thinking it will basically be Lewis on the ground for 3-4 rounds then a KO from lack of stamina? Also, Lewis stated after the fight he wants some time off to work on his Cardio, I HIGHLY doubt a single month is enough

• Like 2

Just now, stehilton94 said:

Whats your opinion on Lewis vs Cormier? Am I wrong in thinking it will basically be Lewis on the ground for 3-4 rounds then a KO from lack of stamina? Also, Lewis stated after the fight he wants some time off to work on his Cardio, I HIGHLY doubt a single month is enough

Lewis has that punchers chance.  That's a real threat with a guy who cuts to 265.  That said, Cormier takes it, IMO.  

I don't like the match up because I hate when two fighters I have an affinity for fight.  

• Like 3

Just now, sobercuban said:

Lewis has that punchers chance.  That's a real threat with a guy who cuts to 265.  That said, Cormier takes it, IMO.  

I don't like the match up because I hate when two fighters I have an affinity for fight.  

I don't like the matchup because really it just doesn't give Lewis enough time to get ready, Literally all advantages are DC's.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

I don't like the matchup because really it just doesn't give Lewis enough time to get ready, Literally all advantages are DC's.

Lewis doesn't get ready/   home > kfc > cage

• Like 1

I just don't see a way for Lewis to win this outside of a fluke (puncher's chance). I'd rather see him knock out bums than get into a title fight to be honest. He's much needed comic relief for the UFC and should be treated with kid gloves.

Cringe

In his last two fights, Lewis has had about 60 seconds of action. The last thing he deserves is a title shot. He needs a goddamn gym membership.

• Like 2

I was looking for reasons to say no to this but you know what **** it!

Lewis is 9-1 in his last 10 fights with 7 stoppages give the big man his shot.

I know he will have little more than a punchers chance but would be interesting for however long its on the feet.

2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

You'd have thought the guy with the longest EVER HW reign would be at least considered for a rematch wouldn't you? 

I want to see Stipe get his rematch as well but didn't he say he was having some time off after his baby was born?

• Like 1

This fight interest me for about 1 min. Oh the possibilities in 1 min. DC only has to avoid a haymaker and clinch once and the fight is over. 

Would rather see DC destroy Brock then retire. 

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

I want to see Stipe get his rematch as well but didn't he say he was having some time off after his baby was born?

Dunno.  No sooner had his head hit the canvas then they wheeled in someone who's 0-2-1 in his last 3 fights as the next challenger.  It was dishespectful in the extreme.

• Like 1

Just now, Bubba_Sparks said:

Dunno.  No sooner had his head hit the canvas then they wheeled in someone who's 0-2-1 in his last 3 fights as the next challenger.  It was dishespectful in the extreme.

I know what you mean, Stipe seems like such a genuinely nice dude you do feel bad for the lack of respect shown to him.

I don't think he should have to do it but he should call out Lewis or Blaydes and make himself undeniable for a rematch.

Lesnar will sell PPV's so I suppose that's all they really care about. 

7 hours ago, agtx said:

Lewis already said he doesnt want a title shot as he admits he has no cardio for DC. 

^^^This.  Beast need to get the cardio and endurance up b4 he bangs with DC.  Imho I don't see it happening if  DC says Brock, Jones, done.

what a stupid and terrible match up especially after he admitted he is so out of shape all he can think of is going on Joes shows and smoking weed after gassing 

He should never fight DC, has zero chance 

• Like 4

Just now, LayDownDead said:

BLACK BEAST IN THIS HO. 9-1 in his past ten, 2 top 5 wins, and a bunch of sick KOs. He deserves this, **** what y’all talkin bout

if he says he dosen't deserve it, which he has done more than once, he dosen't deserve. 

sorry bro 

15 minutes ago, LayDownDead said:

BLACK BEAST IN THIS HO. 9-1 in his past ten, 2 top 5 wins, and a bunch of sick KOs. He deserves this, **** what y’all talkin bout

TBB might KO him from the bottom

• Like 2

Literally no interest, got to be honest, horrible matchup for Lewis, makes no sense, DC will have the easiest first defense ever, but fair play to them both for at least trying to save 230 from total disaster

1 hour ago, sobercuban said:

I don't like the fight because I like both guys, but I'm excited for it.  

I don’t have a problem with the fight itself, but I think doing it on three week’s notice when Lewis just took a beating and Cormier is apparently recovering from a hand injury is dumb.

(also, from a business perspective, I’d call doing anything to jeopardize the Cormier/Lesnar fight to be pretty dumb too, but that doesn’t affect me)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Greasyrasta said:

So Jones gets Brock now?

Brock can’t fight until late January. As long as Cormier doesn’t get injured, or lose, he could still do the Brock fight.

4 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

Brock can’t fight until late January. As long as Cormier doesn’t get injured, or lose, he could still do the Brock fight.

This fight reminds me of DC vs Silva, I see the same result too

DC would send Lewis back to the cotton fields. I don't like him but DC beats 99.9% of the fighters not named Jon Jones.

Dc should definitely win, but there’s some things in Lewis favor.  Dc likes to pressure and if he gets to close that 1 punch can land.  Jon scrambled Dcs brains, Lewis may put him in a coma if he connects.

I don't like the fight because it's a very low % punchers chance for Derek that probably last 2 min tops till DC grabs a hold dumps him and punishes him on the ground then chokes him out. 

Whoever wins though at least it will be fighters i like and both of them from my home state. 

1 minute ago, juice64011 said:

Lol 3-2 plus missed weight for a title fight and says she earned this.

Sit down

Racist

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Lol 3-2 plus missed weight for a title fight and says she earned this.

Sit down

**** shouldnt even be on the main card of an FS1 show.... she needs to **** off now

• Like 4

its official now.  DC vs Black Beast at ufc 230

cormier should win this easilly via 3rd round heart attack.

I don't really get the argument that this is a bad match to make because TBB matches up horribly against DC. So what? He's earned his shot. Plus given that DC just koed the hw champion you could argue that Lewis has as good a chance as most heavyweights at the moment.