Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Valentina Shevchenko vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk back on for UFC 231, Sijara Eubanks reacts

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/valentina-shevchenko-vs-joanna-jedrzejczyk-back-on-for-ufc-231/

Joanna Jedrzejczyk

The shiftings surrounding UFC 230 seem to be settling down. After one canceled flyweight title bout, it has led to another.

Originally, the currently vacant flyweight title was to be fought over between the current top-ranked contender and former bantamweight title challenger Valentina Shevchenko and the former strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk at UFC 231 on December 8.

However, due to the UFC’s desperation for a title main event to top their return to Madison Square Garden, the fight was taken from Jedrzejczyk and given to No. 4 ranked flyweight contender Sijara Eubanks at the earlier UFC 230 date.

The flip-flopping has happened once again… With the announcement that Daniel Cormier will now be defending his heavyweight title vs Derrick Lewis in the UFC 230 main event, the confirmation has also come through that Shevchenko vs Eubanks is off and the Jedrzejczyk fight is back on for UFC 231 as was initially planned.

I asked Dana White via text if this means he'll move Valentina Shevchenko back to Toronto, against Joanna Jedrzejczyk. He responded "yes."

— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) October 9, 2018

I asked Dana White via text if this means he’ll move Valentina Shevchenko back to Toronto, against Joanna Jedrzejczyk. He responded “yes.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/sijara-eubanks-reacts-to-valentina-shevchenko-fight-cancellation-quit-running-this-thing-like-a-circus/

Image result for sijara eubanks

It’s pretty safe to say that today the No. 4 ranked flyweight contender and Ultimate Fighter season 26 finalist Sijara Eubanks didn’t get the news that she was expecting.

That news, of course, being the announcement that her UFC 230 vacant flyweight title bout main event with Valentina Shevchenko was now canceled and Shevchenko vs former strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk was back on for UFC 231 in December.

This all came after the news that a heavyweight title clash between champion Daniel Cormier and Derrick Lewis was now set as the Madison Square Garden headliner.

As quickly and randomly as Eubanks had gotten the title shot, she just as quickly and randomly got it taken away. Which didn’t sit well with the top flyweight contender as she took to Twitter to vent her frustration.

"Put me under card. Put me co main. I don’t care. But put me in for the Flyweight title shot! @danawhite @Mickmaynard2 IVE EARNED MY SHOT. THIS IS MY TIME. Quit running this thing like a circus"

"This is my life you’re playing with" @danawhite @Mickmaynard2

"@BulletValentina Me and you mutha****a we gonna fight. @joannamma stay ya **** on vacation you not ready for the big dogs. I want my ****in belt yo"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

I saw that earlier : on that card,

Laprise vs Lima

Anders vs Theodorou

Burns vs OAM

Clark vs Rakic'

Anybody that bought tickets for that card just now will be like....

Image result for this some bull gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who this Sijara bish anyway? First announcement of this fight was the first I heard of her.  Go home!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Who this Sijara bish anyway? First announcement of this fight was the first I heard of her.  Go home!

she's a big flyweight lezbo, .. Ladd kicked her butt,

... she was on the Moraes/ Rivera card vs some old bish -

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Anybody that bought tickets for that card just now will be like....

Image result for this some bull gif

For 231?

Pre-sale starts today, so nobody has bought tickets for it yet.

I just realized I'm about to get rich on this fight.

Isn't Valentina 3-0 or some chit against JJ in kickboxing or Muay Thai or whatever specialized fighting competition they competed in?

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Kurtisa said:

Do you know how much tickets are?

No idea. I just saw an email saying that the pre-sale was starting today. I imagine a price range at the very least is posted on Ticketmaster.

4 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Isn't Valentina 3-0 or some chit against JJ in kickboxing or Muay Thai or whatever specialized fighting competition they competed in?

Yeah they competed in Muay Thai and Bullet one. I don't know how many but i think i recall it was more than once. 

5 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

I know Valentina has beat her in their pre-MMA days, but I don't know if it was multiple times or just once.

As much as I'm a fan of Joanna, I have trouble not favouring Shevchenko given that and the fact that she's coming down from 135 compared to Joanna moving up from 115.

• Like 2

Valentina is 3-0 and the video I just watched was fairly one sided. Shevchenko was tossing her around like a child. Unless I'm an idiot, this ends the same way because Joanna doesn't wrestle, and she's going to be outweighed by a solid 15-20 pounds most likely..

What a pointless fight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Valentina is 3-0 and the video I just watched was fairly one sided. Shevchenko was tossing her around like a child. Unless I'm an idiot, this ends the same way because Joanna doesn't wrestle, and she's going to be outweighed by a solid 15-20 pounds most likely..

What a pointless fight.

I like seeing Joanna get beat up. I used to be a fan but she's been acting like a tool.  

War Bullet. She's my fav female fighter. 

1 hour ago, Mcmax3000 said:

For 231?

Pre-sale starts today, so nobody has bought tickets for it yet.

Oh really? I thought with these big cards the tickets went on sale months in advance ah well least nobody will have been screwed over.

4 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

What a pointless fight.

Yeah as much as I think this will be a better fight than Eubanks I cant see Joanna getting past Valentina. She was outmatched when it was purely striking and now its MMA. Not a massive difference but Valentia actually seems to have a good ground game while Joanna is just a anti-wrestler so cant see anywhere where she's got the advantage.

Maybe cardio over 5 rounds depending on how Valentina looks after a weight cut but I doubt it.

This fight is simply parlay padding for the free money I'm getting on Holloway beating the brakes off of Brian Ortega. W00t

15 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

What a pointless fight.

3-0 two dominant performances and one closer, but typical Val gave zero fooks and JJ pillow boxed for points 

15 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

This fight is simply parlay padding for the free money I'm getting on Holloway beating the brakes off of Brian Ortega. W00t

Far too risky mate.. but yeah I will for sure be adding Val into every parlay and likely put a sizable single bet on her just incase. 

• Like 1

Firstly....good fight.  I don't really see how JJ can win this one though.  Valentina ragdolled her in a Muay Thai fight; can only imagine what she'll do to her in an MMA fight.

Secondly...i really hate entitlement.  When you are 3-2 in your career, missed weight when you were booked to fight for the title, and only have 1 win in the UFC over Barb you should be thankful you get any fight, not demand a title shot over a former champ who is 9-2 in the UFC.  The UFC doesn't owe Eubanks a living, and she messed with her own career when she missed weight and didn't fight for a year.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RadLad said:

Far too risky mate.. but yeah I will for sure be adding Val into every parlay and likely put a sizable single bet on her just incase. 

It's far too risky to take the champion at near even money against a guy who had never won a round in the UFC?