Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Khabib Nurmagomedov to UFC: If you cut my teammate, ‘you’ll lose me too’

4 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Popularity and PPV doesn't interest actual fight fans. Performing does. If Conor actually had any sort of success in the fight, I'd give him some credit. He laid on the ground in the second BEGGING for the fight to be stopped. He was taking that beating willingly because he didnt want to be in there. He also said in between rounds, "Its just business" because he was getting mauled. 

When fighters talk a lot of chit and then show up with no balls, they're a joke. Sure it takes some kind of balls to take a fight but when it's all said and done and you're getting smashed and you quit without even trying because you know your a far inferior fighter, hang up the gloves. 

The days of Conor being the draw are dwindling and maybe we can get back to talented fighters facing other talented fighters. Even the casuals are starting to see through the bullchit. Only the hardcore nutswingers will continue to gobble up all of his semen because they're blind and wish they could be like him, ball less. 

Hell, look at The Black Beast getting a shot at DC and Stipe being shunned. Look at how Aldo was treated. The UFC is more like WWE than WWE is. 

I'm a little conflicted about all of that and Khabib's stance. < I hope he doesn't stick to it because i doubt Dana changes his mind although i see his point of dbl standards and can respect he would want to push for that. 

I don't want what Khabib is asking for i.e. for sportsmen to have this high moral code of honor to be respectful at all times. I think he needs to grow thicker skin. If someone is going to stoop talking about religion, politics, culture, countries, family etc. let them do their thing and you do your talking in the octagon & only the octagon. Trying to give justification for bad actions is on you. Even Putin scolded him about that. If Conor wants to stoop like that the real fight fans know it's provocation because of desperation and it makes him look bad making blanket statements to try to get someone's goat. 

I think Conor taking Chaels lead has almost single highhandedly turned the UFC into a bit of a circus and a joke with his antics but there is plenty of blame to go around with the UFC, the media, the fighters that clone him, and largely the fans that eat it up & believe everything he says. 

That said me personally i would like for there to be a balance between the entertainment side and the martial arts sportive honor code. For me there is only one line. They should not be fighting outside of the cage or the gym because innocent people can get hurt. This is the only line that need be enforced by the UFC and they need to adhere to that regardless of sales & special treatment for fighters that generate more sales. They need to be clear that behavior won't be tolerated no matter who you are or what's at stake event wise. If they try to enforce a code of sportmanship this is headed into PC police territory and i don't agree with that at all. 

• Like 3

Here in se asia, I've become aquainted with a few Russians (not necessarily Dagestanis),

they think completely different, they do not have our sense of humor, they hold a grudge,

they rarely lie, and if they say they're gonna do something > they do it -

the only area of life we have in common is love of money & women (in that order)

• Like 3

On 10/11/2018 at 7:33 AM, bringerofrain said:

Khabib is worst title holder ever. His press conference is boring, his fighting style is boring, he doesn't sell tickets or draw interest, he has no personality. Only really hardcore UFC fans appreciate his fighting style. Thats not enough to draw big PPV numbers that Dana wants. All the UFC brass were hoping and praying Conor would pull of the upset I guarantee you that. Let him go. 

your boy got destroyed. get over it

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2018 at 8:18 AM, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I'll let you guys cry in peace. I'm gonna go **** my woman for the third time today while wearing my papakha.

oh so thats what its actually called. i always called it a khabib hat.