Sign in to follow this  
brunofr418

McGregor Had Staph during the Khabib fight?

Ok so keep in mind everything i'm saying has been pulled straight off the twitter rumor mill so take all this information with a grain of salt. also im not saying all the information is true or that i agree with it. im just here to present the information and see what you guys think. ill post screenshots of the original posts i saw on twitter 1614779_ScreenShot2018-10-12at9_06_43AM.thumb.png.ef8dcd9f63a2df32102bf270be880bab.png

1062445022_ScreenShot2018-10-12at9_28_39AM.thumb.png.506249ea2ab2333e310df7e40af0d3dc.png 14377791_ScreenShot2018-10-12at9_28_54AM.thumb.png.986c3b5f4e15dd5e37afbdb02c9b80ae.png

DpQv_lGXgAAFSIH.thumb.jpg.8139af48eb7d393d663054e1be427bda.jpg

what do you guys think? does this rumor hold any weight? or are we seeing more Conor fanboys find excuses for their golden boy getting royally whooped? i will admit that conor did not look like his old self but rather a tired sluggish underconfident shell of what he used to be. 

Can't say I have noticed but coming from a Conor fan I very much doubt it.

Rogan still called it even when he had people from the truck in his ear telling him not to mention it in one of Kevin Lee's fights.

So if he did I think they would have called it especially after losing the fight it would have been a gift wrapped excuse.

So now people are inventing things that the 'Conor fans' are using as an excuse so they can have a go at them for making excuses even though they're not. 

What would vert say??

This is a non - story. I don't think Conor's cardio is particularly bad btw, he just fights in a way that is quite tiring. Think Cruz once did some good analysis on this. 

• Like 3

This is never gonna end. This fight is damn near a week old now. Hell it's so old that Roids is bringing Vert back from purgatory. 

• Like 1

All of this coming from a random named FrontRowBrian, these Brians are sure fukkn up the world's shiit....no he didn't have a staph infection, Lee definitely did tho.

• Like 1

I doubt it. But if he did I hope he never brings it up. Will just give the perception he’s making excuses for his getting dominated. 

Just come back strong in 19’ and put the lackluster Performance behind. 

Conor Mogs. 

He was breathing heavy at the presser because he was likely on his second bottle of whiskey.  Alcohol increases the heartrate and raises blood pressure.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, jaybird86 said:

He was breathing heavy at the presser because he was likely on his second bottle of whiskey.  Alcohol increases the heartrate and raises blood pressure.

thats what i was thinking plus if the man really was on antibiotics would he really show up sauced for the first presser? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

I believe it. That's the only reason Tony Ferguson was able to squeeze Lee in a homerun sub. 

I agree, Lee's staph definitely effected the outcome of the fight in my opinion...love to see a rematch.

• Like 3

I just watched all of Kavanagh's appearance on JRE. Guys as honest as the day is long and he didn't even so much as hint at anything like that. 

There was no staph infection. He lost to the better fighter on the night. 

• Like 7

No.

He tore his acl against Max and although he won I don’t remember hearing him bang on about it. Like look at me.

He’ll take no excuses and I don’t think he had it. Ring rust for me. Hope he comes back possessed like 202. 

More and more I see these rumors (excuses) about Conor being ill on that fight.

It could be true BUT still it sounds to me that will be one way baldy will find to make an immediate rematch.

58 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

More and more I see these rumors (excuses) about Conor being ill on that fight.

It could be true BUT still it sounds to me that will be one way baldy will find to make an immediate rematch.

its not true. its just his fanboys making excuses for him in hopes of earning conor yet another pointless rematch.   the doctors have to clear everybody before they can fight. if anything serious was wrong with conor they wouldnt have allowed him to fight. life goes on. if they dont want to reveal that information ahead of time in fear of the fight getting called off,  thats fine but they lose all credibility after its all said and done and their camp starts herping out excuses well after the fact.

clearly staph infection is short for no cardio.  or khabibs punching bag.

and besides, i doubt anybody ever goes into a fight 100%. for **** sakes  these guys punch each other in the face just to prepare for a fight.

Edited by -idyb-

12 hours ago, -idyb- said:

its not true. its just his fanboys making excuses for him in hopes of earning conor yet another pointless rematch. 

I think the millions of PPVs that he sells does that. I don't think the Cole alts have much to do with it.

14 hours ago, -idyb- said:

and besides, i doubt anybody ever goes into a fight 100%. for **** sakes  these guys punch each other in the face just to prepare for a fight.

Good point, m8.  How much under 100% is TBB going to be against DC? 

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

Good point, m8.  How much under 100% is TBB going to be against DC? 

%30-%40,,,TBB has never been in shape, his back hurts driving in the van to fight night.

8 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

I think the millions of PPVs that he sells does that. I don't think the Cole alts have much to do with it.

no doubt. its definately not his skill, or lack of it that grants him pointless rematches.   if it took him 2 tries to barely squeek out a decision over a diaz brother, then he's probably going to spend the next 2 decades trying to win the title from the great khabib while the rest of the real fighters in the division competing for a shot have to wait for mcnuggets to retire.

Edited by -idyb-

Sorry OP, here's the original quote

"McGregor said Stahp during the Khabib fight"

Tappity tap

tenor (2).gif

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

Sorry OP, here's the original quote

"McGregor said Stahp during the Khabib fight"

Tappity tap

tenor (2).gif

ahhhhh ok i see how i was confused