Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bringerofrain

UFC should cut down the amount of events

Recommended Posts

Too diluted. Too many whack cards with no talent that nobody watches. If it wasn’t seen did it even happen, etc. 

need fewer events that have mutlitple quality fights and get some hype. This year would be quite pathetic without Conor saving the numbers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No

Unknown fighters need smaller cards to move up the ranks and make a name for themselves.

Having all your talent on a single card would be dumb. You need to stretch it out to make the other cards worth buying. If you put every top dog on the same card you'll sell it great then have nothing left to sell the remaining cards on ppv.

What would you do? Have 40 fights on a singe card?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have enough fighters under contract to fight every weekend, more free fights on FOX/ESPN I say...let them all fight and stay busy, by the time you go through the rotation it'll be time for the fighter to hit the cage again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really can't deal w/ the mindless commercial downtime so I run a delay on the dvr, if I didn't bet ufc, .. I wouldn't watch . Also, I mute all events while watching, the announcing is hideous .....

I don't care what they do ... they suck -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the ufc would do just fine with or without chicken mcnuggets. i mean the dude fights once every couple years, and the ufc is still around and making money. imagine that.  the show will go on.

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -idyb- said:

the ufc would do just fine with or without chicken mcnuggets. i mean the dude fights once every couple years, and the ufc is still around and making money. imagine that.  the show will go on.

The point is too many weak cards that nobody buys. Diluted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bringerofrain said:

The point is too many weak cards that nobody buys. Diluted. 

That's bullchiit, 2/3rds of the fights are free...match making needs more thought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bringerofrain said:

This year would be quite pathetic without Conor saving the numbers.  

casual confirmed

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 PPVs per year, but freaking staked. Up and comers, title contenders, etc on ESPN. That would be nice, but the ufc loves feeding us ****ty PPVs once a month and they love handing out interim belts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do not need to cut down on events, they need to put more effort into promoting other fighters and also have better match making, giving the likes of Till a title shot and Yair getting Frankie was killing off 2 potential big names long before they were ready. Those could have been 2 VERY marketable fighters, instead they gave them fights they were never going to win and exposed their weaknesses.

Key to marketing fighters, make them look unbeatable until they are worth enough to have a title shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

They do not need to cut down on events, they need to put more effort into promoting other fighters and also have better match making, giving the likes of Till a title shot and Yair getting Frankie was killing off 2 potential big names long before they were ready. Those could have been 2 VERY marketable fighters, instead they gave them fights they were never going to win and exposed their weaknesses.

Key to marketing fighters, make them look unbeatable until they are worth enough to have a title shot.

So you wanna go the boxing route and have big names dodge each other for years and pad their records?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be fine with the number of shows if they weren't all so ****ing long.

Not every show needs to be seven hours long. A random nothing Fight Night in some middle of nowhere state that has 100 people in it doesn't need 14 ****ing fights.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm....a bit of both.  Less events, but get your top guys fighting more often.  According to JK, Conor wants to fight every week!

I'd love a bit of structure.  12 PPV's, each one with two title fights and two corresponding number 1 contender fights.  Fill the card with a few other promising fighters from the same division so you've got a bit more back-up.  Then have your UFC Fight Night-esque cards once a month also and either give them one of the less glamorous divisions and fill them full of up and comers, or a solid number 1 contender fight.

That's 36 title fights a year at most.  You've got 12 champs so they need to fight 3 times a year.  That's hardly onerous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think its just overall management of the cards that needs an overhaul.

They go from a massive big main event like UFC 229 where they literally put all of there eggs in one basket then on to a Fight Night that has had little to no promotion. Volkan vs. Smith isn't going to break records I know but man if they had at least put some effort in to promotion there could be a bit of buzz around that fight.

Hell I could have promoted this better, you drop a promo or two during 229 just showing Volkan knocking out Cirkunov and show him knockout out Manuwa. Then you show Smith knockout out Shogun and Smith knockout Evans after each knockout clip you reinforce that these were all first round knockouts. Even stick there finishes together and you can promote it off something cheesy like that "39 finishes combined, who will be number 40?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Hmm....a bit of both.  Less events, but get your top guys fighting more often.  According to JK, Conor wants to fight every week!

I'd love a bit of structure.  12 PPV's, each one with two title fights and two corresponding number 1 contender fights.  Fill the card with a few other promising fighters from the same division so you've got a bit more back-up.  Then have your UFC Fight Night-esque cards once a month also and either give them one of the less glamorous divisions and fill them full of up and comers, or a solid number 1 contender fight.

That's 36 title fights a year at most.  You've got 12 champs so they need to fight 3 times a year.  That's hardly onerous.

I like this idea. The UFC should heavily reward a champ who competes 3 times a year as well for more incentive.

It would also be nice for them to show they can create an event structure that is followed properly just for some organization legitimacy. Since they continuously make a mockery of the one structure they have created, the rankings.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Decompoze said:

It would also be nice for them to show they can create an event structure that is followed properly just for some organization legitimacy. Since they continuously make a mockery of the one structure they have created, the rankings.

From what I've heard, FOX wanted the rankings, not the UFC, so it wouldn't surprise me if they no longer exist by this time next year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mcmax3000 said:

From what I've heard, FOX wanted the rankings, not the UFC, so it wouldn't surprise me if they no longer exist by this time next year.

Interesting. That's ironic since Fox cards basically had almost exclusively unranked fighters lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×