Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Actor Worth $714 Million Lives Off Just $100 A Month

Image result for chow yun fat

Fantasising about what you'd do if you won the lottery is one of the main reasons people play the lottery (although the chance of winning loads of money is obviously the main reason).

So what would you do if you won $714 million (£542 million)? Buy a bachelor pad on the moon? Pay someone to sprinkle rose petals wherever you walk? Or live a frugal life, surviving off just $100 (£76) a month?

Hong Kong film legend, Chow Yun-fat, has accumulated this fortune across his four years in the industry and it appears, unlike you, he elected option three.

The wife of the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon star, Jasmine Tan, says he manages to live this inexpensive lifestyle in his pricey home city by eating street food and using public transport, according to the Oriental Daily. He also used the same Nokia flip-phone for 17 years, only replacing it recently after it broke.

He's not arsed about his clothes either, buying most of his clothes from discount stores.

Speaking to Hong Kong film site JayneStars, he said: "I don't wear clothes for other people. As long as I think it's comfortable, then it's good enough for me."

But while the actor's means of living so frugally is in itself impressive and intriguing, the burning question is not how, but why.

Well, that's because he plans on leaving his entire fortune to charity. The actor and his wife set up their own charity a few years ago, but it is understood he will spread his wealth across numerous causes.

According to JayneStars, the 63-year-old said: "The hardest thing in life is not about how much money you earn, but how to keep a peaceful mindset and live the rest of your life in a simple and carefree manner.

"The money's not mine. I'm only keeping it safe for the time being."

• Like 3

Image result for jew thumbs up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't wear clothes for other people. As long as I think it's comfortable, then it's good enough for me."

Wears a suit and a stupid tie. 

17 minutes ago, TheSinisterUrge said:

He is living this spartan lifestyle as penance for appearing in that dumpster fire of a Dragon Ball live action film.

He deserved to join that Persian BBC at the bottom of that Spartan well for that travesty :(

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TheSinisterUrge said:

He is living this spartan lifestyle as penance for appearing in that dumpster fire of a Dragon Ball live action film.

I have a Dragon Ball live action script in my head and will show it to the world when I'm rich and famous

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

I have a Dragon Ball live action script in my head and will show it to the world when I'm rich and famous

DBZ will never work in live action

24y43o.jpg?a423456

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TUF said:

24y43o.jpg?a423456

It will once time travel is invented. 70s martial arts movie stars + modern VFX + Mauro screenplay + Russo brothers directing = masterpiece.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheSinisterUrge said:

It will once time travel is invented. 70s martial arts movie stars + modern VFX + Mauro screenplay + Russo brothers directing = masterpiece.

tbh, I would rather watch the Bill and Ted sequel where they have to unite all deez tings ^ 

Mauro, the fora is gonna need more deets m9. 

• Like 1

The only way DBZ in live action would work is if it got the Marvel treatment. Or stark contrast, following a Randy as the vehicle seeing most of the action through the news. Using the Frieza storyline. A grittier 3rd person account similar to the most recent Godzilla movie or the start of Batman vs Superman. 

Image result for batman vs superman zod gif

Image result for batman vs superman zod gif

or whatever banger script Williamauro Shakespeare has written

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TUF said:

24y43o.jpg?a423456

The only tricky thing to adapt is Goku's hair in my opinion. The rest is quite doable. Kevin Feige would have a blast with it

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

The only tricky thing to adapt is Goku's hair in my opinion. The rest is quite doable. Kevin Feige would have a blast with it

There's probably an app for that. 

2 minutes ago, DoomPatrol said:

Feast your eyes on this if you haven't already!

Does anybody remember a short series Spike TV had on in the early 2000s called something like "Best Fights" and it was just an hours worth of p5p fight scenes from movies cut black to black to black. No host. No commentary. Just 30 or 60 minutes of sheer testosterone. Was glorious. Was how I was introduced to this movie. 

• Like 1