Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Uncle claims Khabib Nurmagomedov turned down $15 million payday for Conor McGregor rematch

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/uncle-claims-khabib-nurmagomedov-turned-down-15-million-payday-for-conor-mcgregor-rematch/

Khabib Nurmagomedov

Alex Nurmagomedov, the uncle of Khabib Nurmagomedov, claims the UFC lightweight champion turned down a $15 million dollar offer to eventually rematch Conor McGregor, the man he just submitted in the UFC 229 main event. Apparently, Nurmagomedov has no interest in fighting McGregor again, and instead wants to fight Tony Ferguson and then retire from competition.

“From the start, they offered him 15 million if he agrees,” Alex Nurmagomedov told  Russia’s Sport Express (via MMAjunkie). “But Khabib said no. Let Conor stand in line, let him fight with others. Khabib wants to fight Ferguson, and then finish his career.”

That, of course, all depends on Khabib Nurmagomedov staying with the UFC. While he is currently locked up in a contract with the promotion, he has recently threatened to leave the UFC if they release his friend and training partner Zubaira Tukhugov.

Apparently, this threat from Khabib Nurmagomedov sparked offers from several other promotions, such as Akhmat MMA and Fight Nights Global.

“We planned [a Ferguson fight], but it can pass only if Khabib remains in the UFC,” the champion’s uncle told Sport Express. “Many organizations with large prize funds offered him to sign a contract: Bellator, Akhmat, Fight Night. If Khabib remains in the UFC, then in April or May there will be a battle with Ferguson.”

Khabib Nurmagomedov also received an offer from rapper 50 Cent, of all people, who has recently been linked to Bellator MMA. The rapper offered Nurmagomedov $2 million to jump ship and sign with the Viacom-owned promotion. Apparently, however, that’s just not enough. After UFC 229, Nurmagomedov’s minimum wage is now $5 million.

“For $2 million [from Bellator and 50 Cent], Khabib will not fight,” the fighter’s uncle said. “Now he is ready to go into battle for no less than $5 million. In Bellator we were told to name our amount and they are ready to sign a contract. If Khabib leaves UFC, another eight people can leave with him. I can not list them all, but they are powerful, good fighters. I will not yet call their names. The UFC asked Khabib not to hurry, because they have not yet made a final decision.”

If uncle Alex is to believed there is no further developments on Khabib's next fight yet although I have to question his understanding of contracts.

Khabib gone up in my books, turning down this fight was the best thing that could happen for the fans.

Let a real contender fight for the belt.

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 2

Kebob is real, its not about the green sheets with him. Also biggest way to flip the bird to McTapper, he was beaten, not even close, doesnt even require a rematch, conor will never get a second chance, money wont buy his way to the top this time, get back in the queue & fight some contenders you ****ing mouth on legs. Tony waited long enough for his shot, good on kebab for restoring order to the ufc. 

Lol they wont offer more than 15 million, conor will probably demand the same as what kebab gets if not more. 

24 minutes ago, PunchBag said:

Khabib gone up in my books, turning down this fight was the best thing that could happen for the fans.

Let a real contender fight for the belt.

Yeah, who's fighting Al Iaquinta next?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, bringerofrain said:

LMAO. This is just negotiating tactics. He will take the fight. Khabibi is not above money. 

His family is wealthy. He doesnt need money. 

20 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Yeah, who's fighting Al Iaquinta next?

no idea, probably some random nobody who lost to iaquinta in the past.

14 minutes ago, bringerofrain said:

Everybody wants more money including and sometimes especailly the wealthy

Money doesnt mean everything. Some people want a legacy.

4 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

guys like jon jones

3 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Legacy? Khabib is still just the guy who beat McGregor to all but the hardcore UFC fans. Lets not forget Khabibs highest PPV was 350K buys before they brought in the goat to try and bring up Khabibs profile. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bringerofrain said:

He's dodging Conor. Afraid he'll get put to sleep by that powerful left hand. @-idyb-

Conor has a better chance of throwing a TD than landing that featherweight left hand on Khabib.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hamaliafreud said:

Conor is old news.Let's just hope he fights Tony next.Then he should pull a GSP , smashing some washed up fighter on his return in 2023 .Retire again .

Such old news he got more PPV buys then every other card combined this year 

Edited by bringerofrain

Oct 7 is old news, no matter the PPV, time have his own rule. Also he got destroyed , UFC is not going the rematch way, unless they go full retard.

Edit:maybe you dont know the ''go full retard'' :

Edited by hamaliafreud

lol yeah right like theyd ever offer khabib 15 million to fight anybody.    khabib needs to be paid his purse for ufc 229 first and deal with his suspension before they can even discuss a potential fight for him

2 hours ago, bringerofrain said:

He's dodging Conor. Afraid he'll get put to sleep by that powerful left hand. @-idyb-

oh yes. im sure khabib is ever so terrified of what might happen if he ever fought conor.  hell, khabib would probably start doing the chicken leg and get tired of getting punched in the face and give up and  run out of gas and quit fighting in the 2nd round and eventually tap to a neck crank just begging for the fight to end so he can get another rematch or something silly like that.

Edited by -idyb-

3 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

oh yes. im sure khabib is ever so terrified of what might happen if he ever fought conor.  hell, khabib would probably start doing the chicken leg and get tired of getting punched in the face and give up and quit fighting in the 2nd round and tap to a neck crank or something silly like that.

khabib probably afraid of what he might do after the fight, he would probably start diving into the crowed ripping conors team mates to pieces.

• Like 2

conors teammate landed more punches in 10 seconds than conor did in over 20 minutes.  they should give that dillon danis dude a contract. 

if not, if they ever have this pointless rematch, it should be a WWE style Lumberjack Match. Where Conor and Khabibs teammates are all crowded around the cage carrying steel chairs and dolly's, while khabib and mcnuggets fight. the first guy to go over the cage gets lynched.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bringerofrain said:

Legacy? Khabib is still just the guy who beat McGregor to all but the hardcore UFC fans. Lets not forget Khabibs highest PPV was 350K buys before they brought in the goat to try and bring up Khabibs profile. 

Not many fighters retire undefeated randy

9 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Not many fighters retire undefeated randy

gsp and the great khabib both have at least 27 professional fights and have defeated every opponent that they have ever faced. thats greatness right there.

Im not picking on Khabib (and his fans) at all but are you guys really believing he 'just does not want' 15 million payday ?

Give me a *** break you guys.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

Im not picking on Khabib (and his fans) at all but are you guys really believing he 'just does not want' 15 million payday ?

Give me a *** break you guys.

well conor wasn't even his hardest fight in the ufc. would be easy money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PunchBag said:

well conor wasn't even his hardest fight in the ufc. would be easy money.

I agree.

Reason why I dont believe Khabib would pass that paycheck.

Fake news, the UFC isn't going to be negotiating fights until they know what will happen with the NSAC. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he turns it down though. He doesn't seem like someone that cares about the money.

• Like 2

the ideal match to give khabib right now is tony. its the most logical anyways. but it makes sense for khabib to take the rematch with conor just cause he'll get paid alot more for a much easier fight.

If they do rematch, i hope when conor hands his neck to khabib again khabib ignores it and continues the gnp. I felt cheated last time cause conors defense was finally giving way and then he gives up a neck crank.

7 minutes ago, PunchBag said:

If they do rematch, i hope when conor hands his neck to khabib again khabib ignores it and continues the gnp. I felt cheated last time cause conors defense was finally giving way and then he gives up a neck crank.

That is when Conor taps to strike m8

3 hours ago, PunchBag said:

no idea, probably some random nobody who lost to iaquinta in the past.

Very not witty, as usual. And you totally missed the point. 

I swear my dog is capable of more interesting discussion than you are.

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 1

considering the amount of idiots positng about ufc 229, a week after ufc 229, the worst thing that could possibly happen to this forum is a rematch between Khabib and Conor

NEXT!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, King_! said:

considering the amount of idiots positng about ufc 229, a week after ufc 229, the worst thing that could possibly happen to this forum is a rematch between Khabib and Conor

NEXT!

I agree.

Time to move on.

UFC 230 actually looking good

Hugbib is rolling around in his white privilege.  "I don't need money because mommy and daddy have money, well, just daddy, women can't own anything."  

Someone get Antifa out here to put this white cisgender male in his place.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Hugbib is rolling around in his white privilege.  "I don't need money because mommy and daddy have money, well, just daddy, women can't own anything."  

Someone get Antifa out here to put this white cisgender male in his place.  

Antifa would get bodied in Dagestan. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Would be great to see a protest walking up screaming and yelling over there. Those wanna be thugs would see how far their megaphones, painted signs and hurt feelings really go 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Takedowns aren't legal in street fighting though.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Antifa would get bodied in a nursing home

where do i sign up?