Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Michael Chiesa says his family has been receiving hateful messages from Conor McGregor fans amid lawsuit

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/michael-chiesa-says-his-family-has-been-receiving-hateful-messages-from-conor-mcgregor-fans-amid-lawsuit/

Michael Chiesa

Back in April, Conor McGregor went ballistic in Brooklyn, and launched dolly through the window of a shuttle bus carrying several fighters on the UFC 223 bill. One of those fighters was Michael Chiesa, who was lacerated by a piece of flying glass, and forced out of his UFC 223 fight with Anthony Pettis as a result.

Given the injury he sustained, and the fact that he was deprived of his expected UFC 223 payday, Michael Chiesa and his team elected to pursue legal action against Conor McGregor. And while it’s very possible Chiesa receives a nice chunk of cash at the end of this ongoing case, he says he and his family have been faced with the wrath of McGregor’s ornery fans as it all unfurls.

“I’m gonna tread lightly with this, obviously I can’t say a whole lot. But it just has not been good,” Michael Chiesa on The MMA Hour on Monday (transcript via MMA Fighting). “Even my girlfriend and my mom get messages and comments. They’re not a part of this and it’s kind of a shame when — my mom’s a sensitive lady and I do my best to protect her and stuff. And when she tells me about some of the mean things that are getting sent her way it’s really, it’s a shame.

And chit you remember what happened last time someone went after Chiesa's mom

Related image

“Anybody can say whatever they want to me,” he added. “This is about me, this isn’t about my family. And, you know, today hasn’t been great.”

While it is certainly unfortunate that Michael Chiesa’s family has been targeted by MMA fans, the lightweight turned welterweight says he’s reluctant to hold it against MMA fans as a whole.

“I hate hearing people say, ‘MMA fans are the worst.’ It’s like, I don’t want to say that because I think MMA fans are great but in the same sense I don’t ever see people that don’t like LeBron James say volatile, mean **** s**t about him,” he said. “But for some reason MMA fans, they throw a lot of shade to a lot of the athletes and it can be pretty bad.”

All jokes aside it seems a bit fooked up to be harassing a fighter's mother or partner

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

"I hate hearing people say, ‘MMA fans are the worst.’ It’s like, I don’t want to say that because I think MMA fans are great but in the same sense I don’t ever see people that don’t like LeBron James say volatile, mean **** s**t about him, he said. “But for some reason MMA fans, they throw a lot of shade to a lot of the athletes and it can be pretty bad.”

lol apparently this guy wasn't around for when Lebron signed with Nike, or when Lebron choked again the Magic in the Eastern finals, or when Lebron left Cleveland, or when Lebron choked in the finals 4 times, or when Lebron left Cleveland again, or when Lebron became black 33 years ago. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TUF said:

lol apparently this guy wasn't around for when Lebron signed with Nike, or when Lebron choked again the Magic in the Eastern finals, or when Lebron left Cleveland, or when Lebron choked in the finals 4 times, or when Lebron left Cleveland again, or when Lebron became black 33 years ago. 

Didn't somebody spray paint the n-word on Lebron's gate or something?

Chiesa is so far detached from reality that it's amazing. He has to be a Hillary supporter.

• Like 5

the lebron comment is hilarious... because 1. its so incredibly incorrect, people were burning his jersey and sending him many death threats & 2. Is he really comparing himself to LeBron?! 

Chiesa is more like a miles plumlee or some player like that.. where if miles cost his team the game, the fans would burn his house down

• Like 2

if he is so sensitive then he shouldnt be punching people in the face for a living. That is fooked up though some mma fans are dumb as fook

Edited by pound4poundG

2 hours ago, BigDaddyDelta said:

Maybe he shouldnt have filed a frivolous lawsuit

It’s the American way.  I think little ceasars is getting sued right now cause a kid burned the roof of his mouth on hot pizza. Damn shame

4 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

what was he expecting ? love letters .... #realworld

For real though. That's to be expected. 

2 hours ago, BigDaddyDelta said:

I wouldn't quite call it frivolous. He lost out on a fight & money. Fair enough it does seem like he's taking a bit of a money grab approach due to pissed so he's probably trying to take advantage to milk this for all it's worth. 

He should absolutely be compensated for at least for his fight purse & maybe a little bit extra but that's all. Conor owes him that much. No more no less. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Greasyrasta said:

It’s the American way.  I think little ceasars is getting sued right now cause a kid burned the roof of his mouth on hot pizza. Damn shame

Some woman won $150,000 in a suit for dumping McDonalds coffee in her lap...the cup lid didn't say "hot"

1 minute ago, Bwana said:

Some woman won $150,000 in a suit for dumping McDonalds coffee in her lap...the cup lid didn't say "hot"

She thought it was iced coffee, totally McDonalds fault. 

LOL @ the LeBron comment. I've said horrible, horrible things about that guy. 

3 hours ago, Bwana said:

Why are some people equating this situation to a scenario like that? 

I'm not saying he's not out for a money grab because there is a i go high you go low game with lawyers until a settlement can be agreed upon but he did go through a whole camp and had expenses that he totally had a loss on as a direct result of this this incident. 

You don't think he should be compensated for that at all? 

Edited by StompGrind

8 hours ago, pound4poundG said:

if he is so sensitive then he shouldnt be punching people in the face for a living. That is fooked up though some mma fans are dumb as fook

the thing is, he'd prefer to sue conor for lots of money claiming emotional distress and all that, rather than to have to get punched in the face for that money

to be fair, i'd probably do the same thing. i cant imagine that getting punched in the face would be a pleasant experience. but sueing somebody just to take some of their money piss them off and pretend that i'm emotionally traumatized?  hell yeah

if i lived in the USA i'd be swimming in piles of money from being able to sue anybody over anything that offends me.  i'll wait for some rich guy to forget to shovel the snow off his part of the sidewalk and then i'll accidentilly trip and fall on it and hurt myself.  i'd get a hell of alot more money out of it then i would here in canada with our judicial system. we cant just go sue happy on everybody over petty little things.  unless of course, we hurt ourselves breaking into somebody elses house and then we can go to town on the homeowners, because that kind of chit happens in canada

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

While he is a ****, I would bet near every person on this forum, if given the opportunity to have some millionaire do something so stupid as to throw a dolly through a bus window that hit you and potentially cost you money. Everyone of you would see the dollar signs and find the sleaziest lawyer who could maximize profits.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

This dude is clearly trying to, somehow, promote a fight with Conor so he can get one decent paycheck. So obvious to me.

the dolly hits harder than conor, so i can see him signing off on it

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Why are some people equating this situation to a scenario like that? 

I'm not saying he's not out for a money grab because there is a i go high you go low game with lawyers until a settlement can be agreed upon but he did go through a whole camp and had expenses that he totally had a loss on as a direct result of this this incident. 

You don't think he should be compensated for that at all? 

He got paid $48,000 for UFC 223 despite the fight being cancelled. Then he showed up overweight at UFC 226 for the exact same fight with Showtime, lost, and got paid $33,000.

He's been compensated. What more does he deserve?

7 hours ago, MoZZez said:

While he is a ****, I would bet near every person on this forum, if given the opportunity to have some millionaire do something so stupid as to throw a dolly through a bus window that hit you and potentially cost you money. Everyone of you would see the dollar signs and find the sleaziest lawyer who could maximize profits.

Not a chance mate. I'm from the dignity culture era, not the victim culture. 

He got paid his due and given another fight. Shrug your shoulders and move on. 

4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

He got paid $48,000 for UFC 223 despite the fight being cancelled. Then he showed up overweight at UFC 226 for the exact same fight with Showtime, lost, and got paid $33,000.

Never knew he actually got paid despite the fight being cancelled  that does definitely make it sound worse.

Yes, his ****assness is egregious. This lawsuit is over the top, even for him. Anybody justifying his behavior is ridiculous. 

7 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

In that case i agree he's been compensated. 

I h8 lawsuits but i do think had he not been then fair is fair & people need to take responsibility. It would have been even better if UFC made all the cancelled fighter pay come out of Conor's last paycheck. UFC shouldn't have to pay for someone else's fk up. 

• Like 2

In that instance, what would happen is that the UFC would have to sue Conor for their money back. Do you see that coming any time soon? 

Conor is basically paying their bills at this point. If he beat Michael Chiesa to death with a dolly, they'd ask him to fight while he was going to trial.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

In that instance, what would happen is that the UFC would have to sue Conor for their money back. Do you see that coming any time soon? 

Conor is basically paying their bills at this point. If he beat Michael Chiesa to death with a dolly, they'd ask him to fight while he was going to trial.

True enough i'm just saying I believe in making things right if you do something really fked up that's no accident. I believe some major karma is headed his way if he keeps it up with the i'm above everything mindset and my attitude is kinda like good you get what you put out there. 

On 10/17/2018 at 1:16 PM, BigDaddyDelta said:

How's it frivolous? Your hero McGregor engaged in criminal conduct and injured people, costing them money. totally appropriate lawsuit.    

28 minutes ago, Furiousmat said:

How's it frivolous? Your hero McGregor engaged in criminal conduct and injured people, costing them money. totally appropriate lawsuit.    

It's frivolous because it's based on the assumption that a) chiesa would have been given the title shot against Khabib and b) that he would have won it and thus earned MILLIONS of dollar. 

Both of those assumptions are erroneous and frivolous. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Furiousmat said:

But he didnt cost them money. Chiesa was paid hos win and show money. Which is actually more than what he wouldve made cause Pettis wouldve bodied that fool.

Rose fought.

And Borg had ****ing googles on he didnt get no glass in his eye he was looking for a reason to back out cause of family issues hence why he didnt sue.

Edited by BigDaddyDelta

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

It's frivolous because it's based on the assumption that a) chiesa would have been given the title shot against Khabib and b) that he would have won it and thus earned MILLIONS of dollar. 

i would have to agree with your opinion, but you are a suspected ginger, therefore your opinion on this matter is invalid and lacking a soul.

Edited by -idyb-

20 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

i would have to agree with your opinion, but you are a suspected ginger, therefore your opinion on this matter is invalid and lacking a soul.

I'd rather be a suspected ginger than a confirmed mullet wearer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I'd rather be a suspected ginger than a confirmed mullet wearer. 

the people who confirmed such are confirmed to be legally blind. either that or they are confirmed retarded that do not know what a hat, long hair, or a mullet is.

have another pickled herring and some lingonberries, you filthy UK deserter.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

On 10/17/2018 at 8:52 PM, Bwana said:

Everyone brings this up. Do you know what actually happened? McDonalds has a preset thermostat for their coffe machines, means it switches off at a certain temp. So workers sometimes have to wait for it to reheat before serving. Anyway, one dude broke the thermostat deliberately so it stayed hot all day, the byproduct of that was the water was always boiling hot. So woman took the cup, dropped it in her lap because the cup was hot, the cup opened and the boiling water stripped all the skin from her lap. I fking hate victim culture, but that case was legit.

P.S. fk Chiesa

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

As far as I know all the lawsuits mentions is loss of opportunities. Whether this specific opportunity was lost is debatable but quite obviously the time off and inability to fight on that card was a setback for his careerr. That he made frivolous claims about how much this incident cost him doesn't mean that this is the sole foundation of this lawsuit.

40 minutes ago, Furiousmat said:

As far as I know all the lawsuits mentions is loss of opportunities. Whether this specific opportunity was lost is debatable but quite obviously the time off and inability to fight on that card was a setback for his careerr. That he made frivolous claims about how much this incident cost him doesn't mean that this is the sole foundation of this lawsuit.

Even his mullet is frivolous. @idyb has a much more serious one. 

• Haha 1

Canor's fans were also harassing Rose's IG account; everytime she posted a pic where she was outside the house, some a-hole posted something about "you're not supposed to leave the house".

Like idol, like fans.

Most of them disappeared after Canor got choked out.

59 minutes ago, Los_Polo_Hermano said:

I see what you did there. 😁😁😁😁

Hey Polo.

Does your AV name got anything to do with Breaking Bad by any chance ?

Nice choice m8 

• Like 1