Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Renato Moicano vs Mirsad Bektic added to UFC 231, Moicano expects to be main event alternate

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/renato-moicano-vs-mirsad-bektic-added-to-ufc-231-moicano-expects-to-be-main-event-alternate/

Renato-Moicano

It was reported earlier this month that the surging top featherweight contender Renato “Moicano” Carneiro (13-1-1) was to face Chad Mendes for his next time out. That, however, appears to no longer be the case.

Combate has now reported that the currently No. 4 ranked contender Moicano will now be facing off against a fellow rising contender, Bosnia’s Mirsad Bektic (13-1) at UFC 231 on December 8 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. According to the report, Moicano says he expects to act as the alternate fighter if needed in the case of an injury to either man in the night’s featherweight title fight main event between the champion Max Holloway and the unbeaten challenger Brian Ortega.

Who you got between Moicano & Bektic?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylor_Schonerstedt said:

Alright this is Bektics time to shine! He`ll fight for the belt soon if the casuals like it or not 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

Moicano is gonna be the replacement for when Holloway pulls out.

He aint fighting Bekt

Only issue I have with it is that we already seen that fight, though I guess the madness of it might make a great rewatch

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stehilton94 said:

Only issue I have with it is that we already seen that fight, though I guess the madness of it might make a great rewatch

Both guys have improved the game m8. I actually like rematches between up comers

5 hours ago, Taylor_Schonerstedt said:

You guys obviously don't have a eye for talent. The lose to Elkins was his lone lose and he was smashing him the whole fight. He lose that fight because of his gas tank 

He’s fighting sub par competition. He has skills but not enough yet. Renato will destroy him but they won’t fight. Max is halfway to a vegetative state and Moicano Ortega is the fight that’s going to occur. Mirsad can continue with 6-10