Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Great UFC Fight's That Have Never Happened

One of the main appealing factors for MMA fans is that we generally get to see the best of the best face off against each other a lot more regularly than boxing but sometimes due to injures, allegiances, timing or plenty of other reasons.

So thought I would give my list of potentially great fights we have never seen, will stick to them having to have fought around the same time so no Tito Ortiz vs. Daniel Cormier as they never competed in the UFC at the same time. Like the title says this is for UFC fights so I wont be mentioning Fedor at all since he never fought for them.

Heavyweight

Mark Kerr vs. Randy Couture

Antonio Minotauro Nogueira vs. Andrei Arlovski

Frank Mir vs. Fabricio Werdum

Lightheavyweight

Forrest Griffin vs. Chuck Liddell

Wanderlei Silva vs. Shogun Rua

Randy Couture vs. Dan Henderson

Forrest Griffin vs. Wanderlei Silva

Vitor Belfort vs. Rampage Jackson

Shogun Rua vs. Vitor Belfort

Tito Ortiz vs. Rampage Jackson

Middleweight

Michael Bisping vs. Lyoto Machida

Anderson Silva vs. GSP

Gegard Mousasi vs. Michael Bisping

Welterweight

Demian Maia vs. Rousimar Palhares

Diego Sanchez vs. Mike Perry

Lightweight

Conor McGregor vs. Donald Cerrone

Conor McGregor vs. Edson Barboza

BJ Penn vs. Donald Cerrone

Justin Gaethje vs. Nate Diaz

Edson Barboza vs. Justin Gaethje

Frankie Edgar vs. Anthony Pettis

Are there any I have missed?

What fights do you wish we'd get to or got to see?

• Like 2

New FC seems to be now open for champ vs champ which was not something that happened often in the past.

That being said, prime Anderson vs cocaine Jones should be on that list.

Edited by skillandpower
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, skillandpower said:

I dont think this fight fits the purpose of the thread.

This fight can totally happen still, m8.

Khabib stated he is retiring after his next fight, and realistically, Ortega would have to win his next fight and possibly defend once or twice before the UFC allowed him to fight Khabib, I just don't see Khabib being around at Lightweight long enough for it to happen, that is my thinking anyway

1 minute ago, stehilton94 said:

Khabib stated he is retiring after his next fight, and realistically, Ortega would have to win his next fight and possibly defend once or twice before the UFC allowed him to fight Khabib, I just don't see Khabib being around at Lightweight long enough for it to happen, that is my thinking anyway

Wow. I didnt know that.

Too soon ?

1 minute ago, skillandpower said:

Wow. I didnt know that.

Too soon ?

Yeah that was directly from his Uncle, my guess would be a move up in weight rather than full retirement, but he said full retirement. Far too soon, if he wins one more then retires I can honestly say he will not have a legacy, far too young and has not really achieved anything to give him a legacy. And I am not just saying that because I am Irish, McGregor has no legacy either in my eyes yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Yeah that was directly from his Uncle, my guess would be a move up in weight rather than full retirement, but he said full retirement. Far too soon, if he wins one more then retires I can honestly say he will not have a legacy, far too young and has not really achieved anything to give him a legacy. And I am not just saying that because I am Irish, McGregor has no legacy either in my eyes yet.

If he retires that soon, no .. the word legacy should not apply to him at all .. I agree

Chuck vs Dan Henderson is the 1 fight I always wanted to see, be it in PRIDE or the UFC. Pretty crazy those 2 never crossed paths. 

• Like 3

Lawler vs Diaz re-match

Dern making weight & speaking without a fake accent. 

Not UFC but 

Rickson vs. Saku 

Vovchanchyn vs Fedor

Fedor vs Brock

Randy vs Fedor

Bas vs Wand

Bruce Leeroy vs Jose Aldo, both in their prime and streaking around '13-'14. Aldo was scheduled to fight Pettis in 2013 and Pettis pulled out, next year Caceres subbed Pettis but opted for a superfight with Faber instead

• Like 1