Sign in to follow this  
VertFTW

Breaking news Demetrius Johnson sent to ONE for ben askren

DJ wili beat fighters nobody has heard of and Askren gets 1st pro loss in ufc,

if this happens ... DJ will not like Singapore - Ace Franklin/ One have ties to the

UFC somehow guaranteed imo $

10 hours ago, America said:

I could see a lot of fighters jumping ship because the UFC continues to put all their eggs in one basket over and over again.

Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

Good deal for both parties.

DJ has accomplished pretty much everything he can at Flyweight in the UFC he's even got the most consecutive defences of any champion and the second overall longest reign ever. He's never been a really big draw which I think is down to being in the lowest weight class. A move over to ONE FC and he can go and body Geje Eustaquio (Insert who da fook is that guy gif) for another Flyweight belt. I thought you would potentially even seen him move up to Bantamweight there and look to become a double champ but since current champ Bibiano Fernandes is his main sparring partner I doubt you see that.

Ben I don't know as much about but know he's always wanted to prove himself in the UFC and now he's got his chance. I think if the UFC wanted to they could book him against Woodley right away in a champion vs. champion style match.

2 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Good deal for both parties.

DJ has accomplished pretty much everything he can at Flyweight in the UFC he's even got the most consecutive defences of any champion and the second overall longest reign ever. He's never been a really big draw which I think is down to being in the lowest weight class. A move over to ONE FC and he can go and body Geje Eustaquio (Insert who da fook is that guy gif) for another Flyweight belt. I thought you would potentially even seen him move up to Bantamweight there and look to become a double champ but since current champ Bibiano Fernandes is his main sparring partner I doubt you see that.

Ben I don't know as much about but know he's always wanted to prove himself in the UFC and now he's got his chance. I think if the UFC wanted to they could book him against Woodley right away in a champion vs. champion style match.

Ben Askren would ride our terrorist champion like a pony. Much like he did to Koreshkov in Bellator.

That's the point of this signing. He's not being sent after Woodley. They'll make him take Khabib's belt.

6 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Ben Askren would ride our terrorist champion like a pony. Much like he did to Koreshkov in Bellator.

That's the point of this signing. He's not being sent after Woodley. They'll make him take Khabib's belt.

Obviously wrestling isn't anywhere near as big in the UK so I don't really know much about his style never really heard of folk wrestling before. Much of a difference from freestyle or greco?

I suppose ONE uses that hydration test's don't they so he will be able to drop another weight class.

2 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Obviously wrestling isn't anywhere near as big in the UK so I don't really know much about his style never really heard of folk wrestling before. Much of a difference from freestyle or greco?

I suppose ONE uses that hydration test's don't they so he will be able to drop another weight class.

He can wrestle any style. He won the NCAA title two years straight, and was in the title fight twice straight before that. And he holds the record for pins in a season.

There's not a chance in hell Khabib could hold him down, or even simply outwrestle him. Not sure if they will try to encourage that fight, but don't be surprised if they try to match him up with Khabib at 165 or something.

1 minute ago, cashfl0w said:

He can wrestle any style. He won the NCAA title two years straight, and was in the title fight twice straight before that. And he holds the record for pins in a season.

There's not a chance in hell Khabib could hold him down, or even simply outwrestle him. Not sure if they will try to encourage that fight, but don't be surprised if they try to match him up with Khabib at 165 or something.

Nice I remember Rogan & Schaub speaking about how they think his folk wrestling style could give a lot of people problems and it stuck in my head the name just because I hadn't heard it before.

Well if there's any chance of that they need to book Khabib vs. Askren you imagine the invincible Russian wrestling machine got rag dolled would instantly make Ben a big name.

• Like 1

I don't know if the entire fight is out there, but at least find the gif of Koreshkov getting embarrassed by Askren. You will crack up instantly when you see it.

• Like 2

By the way, before someone chimes in with "Askren is a welterweight", he also trains with Woodley at Roufusport. I doubt they'll fight any time soon.

35 minutes ago, PunchBag said:

UFC needs to sell off their WMMA divisions

they couldn't give that chit away,

• Like 2

That's the one thing that people haven't thought about when they say to get rid of 125. If you don't then they need fights to replace those ones. More lolwmma coming to your TV's soon. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, juice64011 said:

That's the one thing that people haven't thought about when they say to get rid of 125. If you don't then they need fights to replace those ones. More lolwmma coming to your TV's soon. 

I thought about that. I hope the answer is to ship them off to their own shows. So we don't have to be subjected to them.

Shorten the cards to nine fights or so. Call it a day.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

would never make 155 and lol at comparing koreshkov's wrestling with King Khabibs

1 hour ago, PunchBag said:

would never make 155 and lol at comparing koreshkov's wrestling with King Khabibs

Lol @ comparing some Sambo moron to Ben Askren.

12 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Lol @ comparing some Sambo moron to Ben Askren.

askren will lose in the ufc within his next 3 fights

5 minutes ago, PunchBag said:

askren will lose in the ufc within his next 3 fights

Whoever beats him would absolutely dominate Khabib. 

I can see askren besting Colby. But he won’t fight Woodley. Need to be clever how they line things up. GSP doesn’t want 170 for whatever reason. I don’t think he’s ducking anyone, I think GSP could win against askren and Woodley. 

9 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Askren would rape that boy. It wouldn't even be close.

If Askren gave Hugbib a good 'ole fashioned American's ***-****ing, it would totally make up for Conor getting finished.  

• Like 2

Woodley vs Colby

Askren vs Usman or Diaz.

GSP vs someone at 165 for a belt. 

Conor Nate 3

Khabib vs Tony. 

Till vs Lawler

Masvidal vs Edwards 

Wonderboy vs Ponz/Magny winner 

Askren has been doling out creampies on Twatter. Everybody from Mike Perry to Alan Jouban to Darren Till to Jorge Masvidal... a bunch of goofs got one.

My favorite one was offering to beat up a bum of the month. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If Dana is smart, he will create the 165 division and let Asscan run in it for awhile.
As boring as he is, there are not many who could beat him. Then they can pump up another long term champion and whenever Woodly looses, they can pump Ben up to 175 for more multi division ****.
He will bring in his few fans. Turn a boring fighter into a Khabib style hype job again.

4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Askren has been doling out creampies on Twatter. Everybody from Mike Perry to Alan Jouban to Darren Till to Jorge Masvidal... a bunch of goofs got one.

My favorite one was offering to beat up a bum of the month. 

The UFC won this "trade" just based off Askren today on Twitter

Im sure Mighty Mouse was busy playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and hinting around racism about why he isnt promoted tho. Have fun in Myanmar, dip ****

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

DJ doesn’t want to avenge that loss to Henry Cejudo?! This trade is shocking to say the least, but I also understand. Alvarez got a better deal with ONE but not sure by how much, from what he said UFCs offering was very close to what he wanted. I also suspect that Alvarez might have a bitter taste in his mouth from the Poirier saga. But all in all this is a brutal business and you have to look out for your best interests. 

Lets face it, this was the best case scenario that could happen to DJ.

1. Doesnt have to feel pressure to fight TJ anymore...huge weight off his chest.

2. He would have had to fight on fox cards or prelims of PPV cards at best....he will never get another shot for prime TV.

3. Will prob make a little more money in long run.

44 minutes ago, pound4poundG said:

UFC now only cares about signing the fighters that make the most money for them not the best fighters

Because they're a business, genius.  

• Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 2:29 PM, VertFTW said:

I wonder what @goldfngz thinks lol

1st, since when did you care what I think?

2nd, I'm indifferent to this trade. I could really care less.

Edited by goldfngz