Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
StompGrind

So what would you do if you won the lotto?

Recommended Posts

I'm curious to hear what people would actually do. IDGAF what you would buy i hear so many people say that and it's no wonder 70% of lotto winners go broke because they don't have a plan and don't know how to manage money so they get entangled in spending like crazy on property, parties, expensive trips, dining etc., bad investments left and right, giving money away to fam/friends/strangers, frivolous lawsuits coming their way etc. and before they know it's all gone.

So i'm curious about what people's plan would be from the moment you won. 

First thing i'd do is sign it, make digital copies as proof, get a safe deposit box and store it there and not claim it for at least a good 2-3 weeks until i have a full team in place. 

I'd hire a lawyer, a financial planner ( my brother ) and an accountant.

General plan would be to live off my savings i currently have for good 6 months till i mapped out exactly what i wanna do. < This would be my full time job for 6 months. 

Secondly i would not take the annuity i'd take the lump sum, i would set-up a trust, invest in bonds, have interest bearing accounts and not spend any of the principle winnings except maybe 5% i'd put aside to do whatever i wanted with in the meantime.

Then I'd just comfortably live off the interest. 

So what's your plan? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd blow it all in a calculated manner, right to my last minute on earth...and die with a smile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- I'd probably buy $50 million worth of cars

- I'd buy lots of weapons

- I'd buy lots of drugs

- I'd buy a bunch of land in Montana and make a compound complete with a fallout shelter filled with enough food & water to keep my wife and I alive for at least a year.  I wouldn't live there full time though

- I would spend a bunch of time in Vegas trying to put bad beats on poker players for their whole bankrolls

- I'd travel to fights and pay my way into backstage access and meetings with the fighters

- I'd seriously fly all of you losers out to Vegas, put you up in a hotel, and pay for your tickets to the next Conor fight.  

- I'd drive around in a Bugatti Chiron wearing a bathrobe and slippers

- I'd do a lot of over-tipping 

- I'd buy the company I used to work for, fire everyone and liquidate it, after making all of the management sign an agreement that they can't ever form a new company.  

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would purchase as many large slabs of land across America as I could. Then I'd buy a ton of land in Africa for 25 cents an acre or something. 

Then I'd open up a bunch of carwashes, and **** like that. Cheap businesses that people need. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

I would purchase as many large slabs of land across America as I could. Then I'd buy a ton of land in Africa for 25 cents an acre or something. 

Then I'd open up a bunch of carwashes, and **** like that. Cheap businesses that people need. 

Car-washes print money.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Car-washes print money.  

Car washes, rent out spaces in a chain of barbershops and salons, carpet cleaning companies, crap like that. You could make sure your future generations couldn't possibly go broke.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Car washes, rent out spaces in a chain of barbershops and salons, carpet cleaning companies, crap like that. You could make sure your future generations couldn't possibly go broke.

I say fukk the future generation, and I have children :) They need to learn and earn their way, spoiled rich kids are the worst humans in the world,,,I grew up with many of them.

He who dies with the most cool shiit wins, I owe nobody including the ones I love.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's part of it. Don't get me wrong. The entire point of investing in things that roll money back in is so that I can start blowing money like a champion. lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

I would take everyone to a Mighty Mouse One FC card. 

You're welcome

no thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Set up several charity donations...children's hospitals..womens shelter and a scholarship for homeless people who want to turn their lives around ..get another chance at life.  Vacations.. make sure my kids never worry about school costs at university.. and make some memories.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10% for family

20% various charities

30% properties 

30% business investment

10% hookers and blow money

Id keep working for probably 6 months in my current job while i got my head around my newfound wealth, have a good 6 month holiday travelling then turn my attention to a business endevour. Buy a few properties that can be rented, maybe a carpark.

Make enough to eventually become a full time philanthropist.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Also, I'd convince my wife to let Bailey Jay fellate my penis, while she wanks.  

Wheel talk  

I'll take one of these as well lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part to family.  Part to charity.  Invest part.  New house.   Fractional ownership of a jet.  2 weeks in Vegas to get crazy, see a UFC PPV, and order a Shelby 1000.  Also get a full customized Jeep Trackhawk.  Live well.  Redo my will.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would buy a lifetime supply of inflatable GSP sex dolls and a semi truck full of lube.

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Would either build my own or renovate a Amsterdam coffee shop to look like an old apothecary shop
  • Build real life Batcave
  • Purchase several cars, Buggatti Chiron, Aston Martin DBS, Eagle E Type, The Tumbler
  • Get a Vantare Platinum Plus RV as well so I could tour the world and then hope in to my car once I got in the city
  • Cage side for a massive UFC ppv
  • But first sort out family and friends so at least after Id blew it id know someone would have had use out of it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably buy a lot of cool chit.  Boats, yacht, jet, vehicles, land... maybe every single property on my lake and the marina.  My family, friends and the legends of the ufc fight club forum get free cabins and boats.

We'll drink Pappy 23 year and smoke weed everyday.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would build a farm on a 500 acre lot.  200 acres of orchard, 100 acres of grapes and 200 acres of cattle.  This farm will ensure the livelihood of my kids and grandkids and many generations to come.  This farm will eventually be enclosed by a 20x60 foot wall to keep out unwanted folks during the apocalypse which I think is inevitable. In the distant future, I predict the poor will revolt against governments and it will be survival of the fittest.  Resources will be limited.  Wealthy folks are going to control the resources...and when the poor has had enough, they will fight back and the world will be doomed.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jason_H. said:

I would build a farm on a 500 acre lot.  200 acres of orchard, 100 acres of grapes and 200 acres of cattle.  This farm will ensure the livelihood of my kids and grandkids and many generations to come.  This farm will eventually be enclosed by a 20x60 foot wall to keep out unwanted folks during the apocalypse which I think is inevitable. In the distant future, I predict the poor will revolt against governments and it will be survival of the fittest.  Resources will be limited.  Wealthy folks are going to control the resources...and when the poor has had enough, they will fight back and the world will be doomed.  

A farm is the first place the masses will go in said scenario once stores are looted & supplies run out. Many will perish but the more resourceful people & savages will lay siege to any place with resources. Walls won't keep people out. You basically sacked yourself. 

You better ammo the fk up, have traps and the manpower to fight groups off indefinitely.  An low key place with a hidden underground bunker that can sustain you would be a better idea but the best is probably to learn survival skills so that you could stay on the move totally ghost away from people and make it on your own in the wilderness. < The latter will be the people that survive if said scenario ever takes place. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

A farm is the first place the masses will go in said scenario once stores are looted & supplies run out. Many will perish but the more resourceful people & savages will lay siege to any place with resources. Walls won't keep people out. You basically sacked yourself. 

You better ammo the fk up, have traps and the manpower to fight groups off indefinitely.  An low key place with a hidden underground bunker that can sustain you would be a better idea but the best is probably to learn survival skills so that you could stay on the move totally ghost away from people and make it on your own in the wilderness. < The latter will be the people that survive if said scenario ever takes place. 

 I'm definitely going to stock up on ammo and explosives. 

I rather defend this fortress than be constantly on the move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StompGrind said:

A farm is the first place the masses will go in said scenario once stores are looted & supplies run out. Many will perish but the more resourceful people & savages will lay siege to any place with resources. Walls won't keep people out. You basically sacked yourself. 

You better ammo the fk up, have traps and the manpower to fight groups off indefinitely.  An low key place with a hidden underground bunker that can sustain you would be a better idea but the best is probably to learn survival skills so that you could stay on the move totally ghost away from people and make it on your own in the wilderness. < The latter will be the people that survive if said scenario ever takes place. 

The world will end up like a zombie apocalypse, but they won't be zombies, they will be poor people.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, classicboxer said:

The USA will end up like a zombie apocalypse, but they won't be zombies, they will be poor people.

fixed

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jason_H. said:

I would build a farm on a 500 acre lot.  200 acres of orchard, 100 acres of grapes and 200 acres of cattle.  This farm will ensure the livelihood of my kids and grandkids and many generations to come.  This farm will eventually be enclosed by a 20x60 foot wall to keep out unwanted folks during the apocalypse which I think is inevitable. In the distant future, I predict the poor will revolt against governments and it will be survival of the fittest.  Resources will be limited.  Wealthy folks are going to control the resources...and when the poor has had enough, they will fight back and the world will be doomed.  

The only way this happens in australia is if we can no longer afford alcohol and cigarettes... so another decade or so.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Enigma_Machine said:

The only way this happens in australia is if we can no longer afford alcohol and cigarettes... so another decade or so.

i got so drunk on friday and was so hungover that i dont think i ever want to drink again.

 but ive told myself that so many times before with no success. for all of today i felt like i was on the verge of death. even thinking about doing another shot or drinking a beer makes me want to puke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 7:43 PM, Eclipse76 said:

Set up several charity donations...children's hospitals..womens shelter and a scholarship for homeless people who want to turn their lives around ..get another chance at life.  Vacations.. make sure my kids never worry about school costs at university.. and make some memories.  

The Chad is a kind God a gentlle God

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×