Sign in to follow this  
Kable

UFC Why do you watch it?

Many people do not like what they perceive as Human ****fighting. Claim that it is fake and setup.

What is your view on why you yourself watch the UFC.

Is it because you like watching skilled athletes using techniques and abilities to prove who is the better fighter?

What made you begin to watch the UFC?

Why did you invest time into the UFC?

Are you likely to watch every fight or just tune into fights that interest you?

Most people consider UFC fans as just people who like violence for no reason other than liking violence.

How do you turn people onto the UFC without making them think you are just a Thug???

I had parents that paid attention, so I had to get my friend's mom to rent UFC 1. But when I saw Royce mobbing on idiots, I was sold.

• Like 2

Years ago when you could jail break DirectTV cards I watched a Pride PPV and then I went to blockbuster after that started renting old UFC PPVs, and that was it, as much as the sport pisses me off sometime I still watch it like all others lol

• Like 1

I cannot stop watching if I tried. Ive often thought about committing some heinious crimes but then I think to myself “will i have access to fight pass in prison?” and I decide against it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rumbin said:

I cannot stop watching if I tried. Ive often thought about committing some heinious crimes but then I think to myself “will i have access to fight pass in prison?” and I decide against it

Well, i think self preservation should be a key factor in that but if the UFC helps with that. Clearly a positive for the sport.

• Haha 1

I would have no issue buddying up with the brotherhood if it meant I got to watch Fight Night Moncton and One FC King of Kings live from my 8x10 tbh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kable said:

Many people do not like what they perceive as Human ****fighting. Claim that it is fake and setup.

I watch UFC becuse of Georges St Pierre.

Is it because you like watching skilled athletes using techniques and abilities to prove who is the better fighter?

Georges St. Pierre is the better fighter

Georges St. Pierre

Georges St. Pierre

I dont watch UFC. Only GSP.

Most people consider UFC fans as just people who like violence for no reason other than liking violence.

How do you turn people onto the UFC without making them think you are just a Thug???

By throwing on a couple GSP fights

3 hours ago, Kable said:

Always been interested in combat sports, Boxing was my home until TUF 1 when the UFC made its way over to Ireland, since then I have been hooked. I knew about Chuck Liddell some of the bigger fighters before hand, but TUF 1 was when I started watching show after show.

I guess so? Though I hate wrestlers, I am a fan of ground fighters who try sub, but pure wrestlers make me want to slit my wrists.

TUF 1, loved the show, still have nothing but love for Griffin, Sanchez and Florian.

Boxing died, from the early 00's until maybe just recently, I needed my combat sports fix and the UFC fit the bill.

I watch every event, mostly live, but sometimes I record or download and watch at some point, including Bellator and some PFL.

I can't say I like violence, I would be one of those that try to break up 2 people fighting, but if someone was to try fight me I would have no issues fighting back.

Give them a fighter they can get behind, majority of my friends I recommended McGregor too before he was all that, a number of them watch nearly every event now. I also recommend the likes of Whittaker, Adesnaya, Dominick Reyes, Mousasi when he was here and just any fighter I know will put on a show.

literally some of my earliest memories are staying up late with my dad to watch ufc fights. my mom always went to sleep early and after i heard her bedroom door close i would sneak into the living room and watch the fights with my dad. i remember she always "happened" to get up for a glass of water right before the main event and i would always miss it. my dad's been watching since ufc 1 and he's the one who introduced me to the sport. recently my dad's health has been declining and as big of a fan as he is he'd never been to an event live before i took him to 205 about two years ago. we live in NY and as you all know it was banned here for quite a while now that i have my own job and make my own money i've more or less taken him on a tour, going to as many events as we can. its just my way of repaying him for introducing me to this amazing sport. 

• Like 1

What is your view on why you yourself watch the UFC?

Was into martial arts and boxing since i was a kid. Martial arts has always been a part of my life and always will be. 

The techniques, tactics & strategy, the mental chess match, the brutal physicality, the psychological warfare, the savage nature to KNOW who's bess. The grit to overcome adversity and keep going. I love just about everything about it. Besides how entertaining it is Martial arts is LIFE to me and there are many lessons there. 

Me and my brother watched the first one. I was 14 at the time, it had a huge impression on me and i became even more obsessed with martial arts at that point.

I love it. 

No they have a lot of cards now, sometimes the cards don't get me that excited and i have other things i wanna do sometimes on weekends.  I watch most of them though. 

Most people consider UFC fans as just people who like violence for no reason other than liking violence?

Anecdotally i haven't seen evidence of that at all but if many do Fk'em - Matt Serra

How do you turn people onto the UFC without making them think you are just a Thug?

You don't. You snap their wrist and walk away. LOL 

I was a wrestler and loved boxing back in the day(Hearns, Hagler, Leonard, Tyson)when that went south to politics and money, it was a natural transition to cage fighting. I'm a hardcore hunter so blood and guts don't bother me in the least, so people already think I'm related to Charles Manson and hoping to see someone die on UFC PPV.

• Like 2

I watch it for the same reason you all watch it, to see 2 half naked muscley, sweaty men wriggle ontop of each other for 15 to 25 mins

I remember clearly the first fight i saw which was featuring in 'UFC's best KO's' or something on tv while i was flicking through channels - it was Spencer Fisher vs Matt Wiman, when Wiman got ****y taunting Fisher and all of a sudden took a savage KO knee to the head. At that moment I knew this was the sport for me lol. 

I started watching consistently around the time TUF GSP vs Koscheck aired on TV.

Edited by RadLad

7 hours ago, Kable said:

Is it because you like watching skilled athletes using techniques and abilities to prove who is the better fighter?  Yes.

What made you begin to watch the UFC?  Channel surfing, came onto Spike, saw this guy in blue trunks just wailing the chit out of another guy.  Turned out I was watching  Chuck Lidell walloping Renato "Babbalou" Sobral.  At that point, I was hooked.

Why did you invest time into the UFC?  "As real as it gets".  'Nuff said.

Are you likely to watch every fight or just tune into fights that interest you?  Almost all of the freebies;  If a PPV interests me, I'll catch it at a bar.

How do you turn people onto the UFC without making them think you are just a Thug???  If someone shows interest, I'll says " Hey, UFC is doing a PPV on such and such a date.  You up for it, meet me at the bar".  They'll not only see the fights, but also see the diversity of the people watching the matches- Young, old, black, white, Hispanic, male, female, everybody, and we ain't thugs (well except for Rose).  Then let the matches sell themselves.

Edited by pjbear05

12 hours ago, Kable said:

I was introduced to this sport through initially seeing a couple Anderson Silva fights, he was my intial appeal because he was the exact opposite of everything you said, he was super technical accurate didn't swing wildly he and waste massive amounts of energy he was a pinpoint assassin.

• Like 1

I always watched boxing as a kid and would stay up to watch Hatton fights.

Lewis vs Tyson I remeber wanting Tyson to win because hes a pure savage yet everyone else wanted the English Lewis to win. 

A friend at school told me about this insane Brazilian that destroyed everyone and initally I was hesitant but then when I watched mma I was immediately hooked. That fighter was Anderson Silva, the goat.

I used to watch the very first UFC fights when i was a kid and whenever i could get hold of the DVDs. The ones that had gracie in and the other Thai boxer guy who was also awsome, I think it was UFC 1 and 2.

As i got into my teens i was a huge boxing fan and still am and one day I was flicking through some boxing videos on Youtube and came across Tito Ortiz ground and pounding the crap out of some guy. Since then I was hooked to ufc  and usually tend to stay up for all the major events and some fight nights too. At one point i would have never missed a fight night either but since I stopped gambling I tend to not stay up for every card any more.

Edited by pound4poundG

struggling with the search option ftw!

Pancrase with Bas Rutten

Freefight gala`s in the Netherlands with **** Vrij, Gilbert Yvel etc.

Kick Boxing (K1 world GP`s)  with Ernesto Hoost and Peter Aerts 

my love for Bruce Lee movies

late nights at friends houses watching old school illegal VHS movies wasted with Cage / Free fights 

at one point MMA took over from kickboxing when i fell in love with PrideFC 

been watching UFC events on a regular base since a friend of mine ordered all VHS tapes from the US and watched them at his house. was around 1999 when Rutten came in the UFC to fight Randleman @ UFC 20 or so.. \

edit: **** is a regular name in the Netherlands ! **** **** **** swear filter ! 

suck my **** swear filter

• Thanks 1

I watched them because originally it was 1 martial art vs another martial art and i wanted to know which martial art was the best. Could a karate guy beat a judo guy? that sort of thing. Then It evolved into its own style of fighting.

Grew up in various martial arts. Uncle was a judo black belt so trained with him when I was young. Then got involved in a lot of boxing outside of school and did wrestling in school for years. Later I trained/sparred for a whilewith a Canadian National kick boxing champion and some pretty high level boxers in the Vancouver area. Also followed boxing very closely for many years. So combat sports has been a part of my life almost forever it seems. 1st exposure to UFC was seeing it in bars in the early days. Not sure when the 1st one I saw was but if I had to guess I'd say like '93/'94? So one of the 1st few for sure.

I don't try to turn people on to it at all. Just something I've always been interested in. Used to watch every fight. Now there's just too many so I tend to skip the early prelims and sometime's the prelims, other than that I still watch every card.

Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) twitteó a las 2:41 PM on vie., oct. 26, 2018:
The van that reportedly belongs to the recent package bomber has an American Top Team logo on it. ATT founder and owner Dan Lambert tells me he has no idea who the suspect is. “Nobody knows him,” Lambert said. “I called around. Not in the membership database either.” https://t.co/19ZGvygcTX
(https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1055907220372766720?s=09)

Lol the pipe bomb guy liked mma....its a given that violent people would like mma

Kind of like the correlation between wrestling fans(ie @Mcmax3000) or gun nuts(ie @I_Take_Roids_m8) to mma...

6 hours ago, VertFTW said:
Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) twitteó a las 2:41 PM on vie., oct. 26, 2018:
The van that reportedly belongs to the recent package bomber has an American Top Team logo on it. ATT founder and owner Dan Lambert tells me he has no idea who the suspect is. “Nobody knows him,” Lambert said. “I called around. Not in the membership database either.” https://t.co/19ZGvygcTX
(https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1055907220372766720?s=09)

Lol the pipe bomb guy liked mma....its a given that violent people would like mma

Kind of like the correlation between wrestling fans(ie @Mcmax3000) or gun nuts(ie @I_Take_Roids_m8) to mma...

I’m a wrasslin fan too spico

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:05 PM, sobercuban said:

I enjoy violence

Pretty much this.

Edited by TwennyFo
  • Like 1

I like to watch fights whether it is MMA, boxing, Kickboxing, etc. Why ? I have no clue how to explain lol.

I do like to think (while Im watching a fight) about the high level skill involved on a professional fight, the work both warriors put in to be inside that octagon, how many injuries they went through training, etc, etc. Two human killers facing each other is just a good thing to think about while watching a fight.

Unfortunately, there is no way to explain to others. It will always be understood as 'violence'. Chit, I have missed on ladies who thought I could be violent because I like to watch MMA lol

• Like 1

I started to watch this chit because how big it was back home in Brazil when I was a teenager: the Gracie family, Vale Tudo, Belfort vs Wanderley event, etc.

Even back then in Brazil, my mom and dad would beat me when they would find out I was trying to train BJJ saying that was violence, devil chit (yeah they were very religious) and I regret not being more insistent. I really liked that chit. 

Got involved with soccer instead and yet never had any support from my parents which counts a lot when you are a kid

Edited by skillandpower
  • Like 2

I used to do a lot of martial arts training as a child + teenager. Fighting at the highest level always interested me. I used to rent bareknuckle street fighting vhs tapes from the video shop, and saw a few pride fights etc... ended up renting ufc47 after seeing tito chuck and randy in the cradle to the grave special features. 

Went through a phase where I ordered every ppv religiously, knew every fighter on a card from top to bottom. 

Now I earn more then twice as much money and haven't even used my free ppv codes yet. I probably couldn't even list all the champions right now without looking them up. 

On 10/24/2018 at 3:07 PM, cashfl0w said:

I had parents that paid attention, so I had to get my friend's mom to rent UFC 1. But when I saw Royce mobbing on idiots, I was sold.

That's my story too

• Like 1

I watch it because it is the most pure and advanced competition in the world.  2 gladiators using their god-given talents to subdue the other.  No weapons - just hands, legs, and skills. 

BTW, this sport has always been popular throughout human history....except that we did it with weapons back in the day. 

7 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

I used to do a lot of martial arts training as a child + teenager. Fighting at the highest level always interested me. I used to rent bareknuckle street fighting vhs tapes from the video shop, and saw a few pride fights etc... ended up renting ufc47 after seeing tito chuck and randy in the cradle to the grave special features. 

Went through a phase where I ordered every ppv religiously, knew every fighter on a card from top to bottom. 

Now I earn more then twice as much money and haven't even used my free ppv codes yet. I probably couldn't even list all the champions right now without looking them up. 

did u ever box a kangaroo?

16 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

80% of you are bullchitters. Yas started watching when Mcgagger took the UFC by storm. Especially @VertFTW

Nah m8, these cans 'go way back' when Ronda came to the UFC lol

• Haha 1