Los_Polo_Hermano

Boxing fans, please enter.

Bored at work today and I ended up finding out that Tyson Fury is boxing Deontay Wilder on 1 December.

Can this guy Tyson Fury - 2016-04-30.jpg actually box? Does he stand a chance against Deontay Wilder? What is the general reputation on this guy in the boxing community?

• Thanks 1

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like. 

Related image

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Los_Polo_Hermano said:

Sir, could you cover all basis in the OP please?

Image result for tyson fury fall gif

Image result for the prosecution rests

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

we also need to be serious here and realize both have primarily fought bums aside from when Fury fought Klitschko and Wilder fought an old Ortiz

• Like 1

Just now, AndyWang said:

we also need to be serious here and realize both have primarily fought bums aside from when Fury fought Klitschko and Wilder fought an old Ortiz

This is the kinda chit I was wondering about. Since I don't follow boxing I'm uneducated on these topics.

at his best he might just embarrass Wilder to the point Carn calls Wilder an uncle Tom or fake black man

• Like 5

Just now, Los_Polo_Hermano said:

This is the kinda chit I was wondering about. Since I don't follow boxing I'm uneducated on these topics.

boxing does this on purpose though, they pad records until you can sell some tickets on your name

Fury fought bums mostly in his area and built a name. Wilder did the same but in north america. Fury went into depression and sunk into drugs after his Klitschko win. So I mean provided his mind is good, he can be the toughest test for Wilder. It's a legit fight that I feel can go either way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyWang said:

boxing does this on purpose though, they pad records until you can sell some tickets on your name

Fury fought bums mostly in his area and built a name. Wilder did the same but in north america. Fury went into depression and sunk into drugs after his Klitschko win. So I mean provided his mind is good, he can be the toughest test for Wilder. It's a legit fight that I feel can go either way.

Dafook?

You would think someone would be vulnerable to depression and injecting marijuanas after a loss.

Edited by Los_Polo_Hermano
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, crangs said:

at his best he might just embarrass Wilder to the point Carn calls Wilder an uncle Tom or fake black man

So if Fury comes into this boxing match at his best, it's safe to say he's the favorite?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Los_Polo_Hermano said:

Dafook?

You would think someone would be vulnerable to depression and injecting marijuanas after a loss.

watch his appearance on Rogans podcast.  it's a decent listen

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Los_Polo_Hermano said:

So if Fury comes into this boxing match at his best, it's safe to say he's the favorite?

Definitely, although given his layoff and weight he might not be at his best. There's a lot of uncertainty in this fight as well. Hard to tell how good wilder is because he's not fought particularly tough competition. Whereas fury beat klitschko much more convincingly than golden boy Anthony Joshua did.

Basically there are three undefeated boxers at the top of the HW tree right now. Most pundits would say fury is the most gifted of the three, but he doesn't have one punch ko power like wilder. If it goes the distance fury wins. If there's a ko it will be by wilder. It could be a good fight, and fury deserves hespect for going to America for the fight. Wilder also deserves hespect for taking this fight instead of hanging out for the bigger money fight against Joshua. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PATSTER said:

I'd rather watch amateur wrestling than boxing 

What the ****?

Pat must have been hacked.  He once said without American football and boxing what would we watch?  lol BJJ tournaments?

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Los_Polo_Hermano said:

Bored at work today and I ended up finding out that Tyson Fury is boxing Deontay Wilder on 1 December.

Can this guy Tyson Fury - 2016-04-30.jpg actually box? Does he stand a chance against Deontay Wilder? What is the general reputation on this guy in the boxing community?

He's a decent boxer, and he's 6'9" tall, which generally gives his opponents lots of problems.

Anyone who says anything other than Fury is a wonderful boxer either has not seen him or is a complete ****. If the Fury of old fights Wilder, he will toy with him, it will not be a flashy fight but a complete shutout, he is basically the Floyd Mayweather of the Heavyweight world, Little to no KO's but complete Boxing dominance. The big unknown of this fight is which Fury we will get, the depressed, overweight **** Fury, or the crazy, stupidly fast and technically brilliant Fury.

4 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Anyone who says anything other than Fury is a wonderful boxer either has not seen him or is a complete ****. If the Fury of old fights Wilder, he will toy with him, it will not be a flashy fight but a complete shutout, he is basically the Floyd Mayweather of the Heavyweight world, Little to no KO's but complete Boxing dominance. The big unknown of this fight is which Fury we will get, the depressed, overweight **** Fury, or the crazy, stupidly fast and technically brilliant Fury.

We'll be getting the unconscious Fury.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Don't you EVER compare Fury to Floyd Mayweather again, sr OR jr!

• Like 4

He seemed pretty damn confident on JRE, and hes a fantastic boxer but hes coming off a 2 and a half year lay off due to depression mostly so who knows

1 hour ago, stehilton94 said:

over half of his wins in his career are by KO...

8 hours ago, Los_Polo_Hermano said:

hard to say

Wilder has what, 39 kos in 40 fights?

unfortunately the gypsy king is going to make deontay look like a total noob. I will still be praying for an all american deontay KO though.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Teemu said:

unfortunately the gypsy king is going to make deontay look like a total noob. I will still be praying for an all american deontay KO though.

Slap yourself... like really hard.

Wilder may swing wide but he'll catch this mouthpiece bum and knock him the **** out unless the fix is in.  The mob has had influence over boxing since before your great grand parents were born and even they don't give a **** about Tyson Fury.  If Tyson Fury gets a decision it's because both men have signed their name in blood.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stehilton94 said:

miss fail GIFdeontay wilder GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Edited by classicboxer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

CB... we've got plenty of young bucks running around posting gifs as a straw man argument. Please provide some fact based analysis on the two fighters in question as you are the resident boxing expert. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

CB... we've got plenty of young bucks running around posting gifs as a straw man argument. Please provide some fact based analysis on the two fighters in question as you are the resident boxing expert. 

I'm no expert. I gave my honest opinion earlier. Fury has the style and size to give Wilder a difficult fight, but I don't think we will see the best version of Fury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fury sucks slightly less but Wilder (apt name) can end it with one punch and to his credit, showed good heart in the Ortiz fight after the ref saved him. Fury's long layoff isn't going to do him any favours. The pikey did beat Wlad but he was dropped hard by a Cruiserweight. Hoping for a Gypsy win as I really don't like Wilder but I don't see it happening. Wilder by TKO/KO 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

AJ sure doesn't seem to have the stones so Fury vs Wilder will make the HW division great again. At least for this fight anyway.

Assessment on the fighters in question. 

Wilder is a rangy brawler with a right hand and left hook. Freakish power,  impressive build and closes distance deceptively fast but he's not the greatest boxer technically especially defensively or with tactics. He's not an in-fighter nor a tactical boxer outside either. He's an outside brawler which is kinda rare. He's also not a guy with a bunch of tricks up his sleeve because boxing kinda died in the 90's especially the HW division so he hasn't really been tested and needed to develop those crafty defensive and ring generalship skills. 

Fury is a an excellent tactical boxer, great movement, hardly gets hit, good volume, decent power and he can move like a middleweight basically which is also rare for a HW. I think of him sort of like the Bernard Hopkins of the HW's. 

I've got Fury winning by l8 stoppage or decision but with his layoff, a young prime Wilder's with srs power anything can happen especially in those first few rds. On paper Fury wins this fight pretty easily especially after the first 4 rds unless Wilder has grown a lot and can bring something to the fight Fury isn't expecting. Fury has seem it all but if Wilder can bring a few new wrinkles to his game he may be able to get Fury out of there before Fury can make the reads, Wilder slows and gets worked. 

• Thanks 1

fury is probably the best technical boxer at HW currently, he outworked kilchko and basically outboxed him. AJ almost got knocked out by litchko and had a second wind later which stopped the fight with a solid punch. Wilder has a very wild style, he doesn't keep his defense up and often ends up off balance. I think Fury could be a nightmare matchup for Wilder. If Fury can control the pace and stifle most of Wilders offence then wilder will get frustrated. At same time though Wilder can end a fight with just one shot, but Fury is probably the hardest guy to hit clean in the HW division.

Edited by PunchBag

3 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

Wilder all day, he's the fav @ -175 now ..... earth to casuals, hello ?

read that Fury started out at +395 against Klitschko.  The pikeys will move the line once they start investing all their ill gotten gains as well 😂

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:56 AM, stehilton94 said:

Related image

He's good and unbelievably fast for such a big guy but I have no memory of Mayweather ever doing this.

Image result for tyson fury gif

The Wlad fight was an incredible performance but I don't see the Wilder fight going anything like that. Fury fought Wlad at his own game, fighting at the very end of their range Fury is a bigger guy so that gave him the advantage he needed against Wlad but Wilder isn't going to play that game.

• Like 1