Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

What's Next For The Winners And Losers Of UFC 230

Well after another big UFC PPV done its time for another What's Next for the winner's and losers!

Winner's

Daniel Cormier

Well Cormier made it past the Lewis a fight that could easily have screwed up his big retirement fight with Lesnar. Now he's on track for that mega payday for his last fight as long as Brock makes it to the fight its all but confirmed that is who is next opponent will be.

Next Opponent: Brock Lesnar

Jacare Souza

A great win at a crucial time for Jacare a loss at this age can often lead to guys getting looked at as on their way out but he showed he still has plenty left to give and since he beat Chris I don't see why he shouldn't take his fight against Luke next.

Next Opponent: Luke Rockhold

Jared Cannonier

Jared is the latest guy to find invigoration from a change in weight class. As a Lightheavyweight he had a pretty average 3-4 record but now picked up the biggest win of his career against a former two weight WSOF champion. He will definitely get a good ranking at Middleweight he just need to keep this new found momentum going. 

Next Opponent: Antonio "Shoeface" Junior 

Karl Robertson

This MW fight was under the radar compared to the others but Karl god ahimeslef a great win and now has to look to beat another one or two guys on the cusp of the top 15 before getting a chance at a breakout fight.

Next Opponent: Marvin Vettori

Israel Adesanya

While his first fight was somewhat of a introduction this was the real coming out party for Israel. He looked lethal, and its clear that putting him against another big striker is the way to get the best out of him. 

Next Opponent: Paulo Costa

Loser's

Derrick Lewis

Lewis took his shot and came up short against Cormier in a fight he was never really expected to win anyway. So he doesn't lose a lot from this, his biggest test will be the next fight as he is now ranked as one of the top two guys he will need to win to keep any opportunity of another shot in the future realistic. 

Next Opponent: Stipe Miocic

Chris Weidman

Another tough loss for Weidman this makes him just 1-4 in his last 5. With all four losses coming by way of KO/TKO. Thankfully for him there always seems to be some controversy or reasoning surrounding his losses but after this one i think he has to take a step back in terms of competition. Sure you can argue he's only been fighting the top 5 guys in the world but a 1 in 5 success rate against them just isn't good enough. 

Next Opponent: Dave Branch

David Branch

Branch has had a pretty average 2-2 run in hid return to the UFC. He's definitely talented but needs a win against a big name if he's ever going to be taken serious as a potential contender for the title and it just so happens there is a former champion who is also down on his luck.

Next Opponent: Chris Weidman

Jack Marshman

Marshman had had a less than stellar 2-3 run with not any notable victories if he is to get another fight i reckon this is last chance to save his contract for the Welshman. 

Next Opponent: Oskar Piechota

Derek Brunson

Of all the losses suffered on Saturday Brunson's came off as the most devastating to me. He was supposed to prove himself a level above Israel but came off looking like the novice. I dont think this hurts him long term but he definitely needs a good win after that performance. So what about the last guy who also fought Israel.

Next Opponent: Brad Tavares 

Weidman is gonna need Ray and Matt to wipe the dribble off his chin if he keeps getting traumatic brain injuries every time he fights 

• Thanks 1

How many times do you want Chris to get kod? 

He can fight Sam alvey on fight pass next 

• Like 2

Chris vs someone in Bellator. Enough is enough just cut him and let him make some $ before multiple sklerosis kicks in

• Like 1

the next thing up for daniel cormier is no doubt going to be a binge session on his beloved Popeyes chicken

only one I disagree with is Adesanya vs Costa. it would be fun to see the two prospects go at it but it wouldn't be smart on the UFC's part. I would rather see Adesanya vs Rockhold and Costa vs Jacare OR Adesanya vs Jacare and Costa vs Rockhold. that way the ufc keeps the division alive with multiple new contenders at the top. Also, a fight I've been wanting to see for a while is Eryk Anders vs Costa. especially before Anders fought Machida. assuming Anders beats Theodorou I would still like to see him fight Costa

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -idyb- said:

the next thing up for daniel cormier is no doubt going to be a binge session on his beloved Popeyes chicken

is that what you're doing to celebrate one year of GSP beating Bisping 

3 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Weidman should fight someone that is not ranked. Lets preserve his health

maybe not unranked, but definitely outside the top 5. maybe a Brunson or Tavares 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brunofr418 said:

is that what you're doing to celebrate one year of GSP beating Bisping 

no.  which reminds me, November is GSP Appreciation Month. What will you be doing to celebrate?

Jason Knight is total crap -

Enough w/ Weidman already -

Lewis should be cut w/  Rogan -

Vannata is a jobba -

there is fruit hangin' from tree in my front yard that has a higher IQ than Brunson -

1 hour ago, Bezerker101 said:

Jason Knight is total crap -

Enough w/ Weidman already -

Lewis should be cut w/  Rogan -

Vannata is a jobba -

there is fruit hangin' from tree in my front yard that has a higher IQ than Brunson -

Was the fruit related to Brunson? Lol Zerkkk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, -idyb- said:

no.  which reminds me, November is GSP Appreciation Month. What will you be doing to celebrate?

shaving my head and shifting around weight classes to preserve my GOAT status 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, -idyb- said:

watching gsp fight is like watching two frogs ****ing

Common-Toads-Mating-006.jpg?width=700&qu

Edited by PunchBag

14 minutes ago, PunchBag said:

watching gsp fight is like watching two frogs ****ing

Common-Toads-Mating-006.jpg?width=700&qu

i dont see the problem.  that just got me hard.  now if youll excuse me, i'm going back to BarnHub to finish the job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If baldy wants to do things right, I think Adesanya vs Till is the fight to make. Winner gets a title shot.

PS. I dont agree with Till getting a title shot but you guys know how New FC is doing lately

Edited by skillandpower
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

If baldy wants to do things right, I think Adesanya vs Till is the fight to make. Winner gets a title shot.

PS. I dont agree with Till getting a title shot but you guys know how New FC is doing lately

I can do Till vs Adesanya, .. that's appropriate, .. Styley by dec obviously

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

It would be a very good fight imo

Till seems overly cautious imo, Adesanya doesn't want to get touched either...

but is more opportunistic and will look better to the judges -

chess match flavor

• Like 1